Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #436
MOTORCYCLE FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
So am i the only one not having blowouts? In the old days i used to get one each time i slept 8 hours, but now nothing happens... i've been playing for like 4 ingame days, without anything. Tried sleeping 8 hrs like 5 times in a row - nothing.
I read on GSC that bacon's working on making them occur. So it's not just you.
MOTORCYCLE FROG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #437
KarlMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
So am i the only one not having blowouts?
No blowouts here either, but there should be. I understand that there is a mission-related trigger to get the first one when not playing as the Collector. Apparently that happens when you get Strelok's stash and then enter the military base from the underground.

That has not happened for me, though I normally go to the military base first, to remove resistance for my visit later. This might have screwed up the trigger. If I use the tools to force a blowout, pre-blow just makes it rain, and amk_for_blow just makes the sky red - that's not quite a blowout. I need to start over from the beginning to see if I cannot get it to trigger as intended.
KarlMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #438
Raziel123

Banned
Where do i download the mod? The torrent link on that bacon site isn't working
Raziel123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #439
unconnected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlMonster View Post
No blowouts here either, but there should be. I understand that there is a mission-related trigger to get the first one when not playing as the Collector. Apparently that happens when you get Strelok's stash and then enter the military base from the underground.

That has not happened for me, though I normally go to the military base first, to remove resistance for my visit later. This might have screwed up the trigger. If I use the tools to force a blowout, pre-blow just makes it rain, and amk_for_blow just makes the sky red - that's not quite a blowout. I need to start over from the beginning to see if I cannot get it to trigger as intended.
Aww, I never enter the base from the underground. Way too risky. I take it from the south side of the base, way easier. But I guess i gotta do it the hard way and see if it will make blowouts start appearing.
unconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #440
KarlMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel123 View Post
Where do i download the mod? The torrent link on that bacon site isn't working
... it took a while to get started, but the torrent works for me. Do you have a client for bit-torrent downloading? The base mod is only available as a torrent right now. That will change eventually, as the work progresses towards its most stable form. Hopefully before the end of ...
Old 10-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #441
Raziel123

Banned
Yes, i have utorrent. This is what appears on firefox: "The requested URL /tecnobacon.torrent was not found on this server."

Can't i just download from the megaupload links in this thread? http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1824863

edit: nvm, there's an alternate torrent link there that works. one final question; my SOC has Complete 2009 mod installed, i should remove it before installing stalkersoup right?

Last edited by Raziel123: 10-28-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #442
unconnected

Quote:
edit: nvm, there's an alternate torrent link there that works. one final question; my SOC has Complete 2009 mod installed, i should remove it before installing stalkersoup right?
It's a matter of deleting/renaming the gamedata folder.

I recommend getting a bit more knowledge on the subject. Narodnaya Soljanka is not exactly as smooth a mod as Complete.
unconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #443
KarlMonster

Quote:
Yes, i have utorrent. This is what appears on firefox: "The requested URL /tecnobacon.torrent was not found on this server." Can't I just download from the megaupload links in this thread?
I apologize sir. It is true that the torrent link is broken. When I stated that the torrent worked, I meant that my saved .torrent file works to initiate the download. I will see what options are available to get this .torrent file to you.

For the torrent file, send your email to me in a Steam mail message. I will try to provide this service until TB can clarify the issue.

IMPORTANT: The torrent link that you found to work is not the TB3D 1.0.1 modification, but a version of Narodnaya Soljanka. That is effectively the 'starting material' which is being fixed and streamlined into TB3D. As such, I would encourage you to play it, to get a feel for the mod before the TB3D refinements. I must caution you that it has some pretty brutal/unfair features.

As for the 'gamedata' folder. It will do no harm to have multiple folders in your ShoC directory, so long as you are careful to have only 3 folders whose names are "_appdata_", "bin", and "gamedata" at any one time. For example, I have 4 or 5 'gamedata' folders; one has only Complete Pack installed, that one gets renamed "vanilla extract gamedata" when I am not playing that mod.
If you do not have a 'gamedata' folder right now, with Complete Pack installed, then you do not need to uninstall it. If you do not already have a gamedata folder, then when you install a mod by placing a 'gamedata' folder in your ShoC directory, you *will* need to open 'fsgame.ltx' with Notepad and make this change:

$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata

Change the false to true, i.e.:

$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata

This change makes the game engine use the contents of the 'gamedata' folder instead of the data in the .dbX cabinet files, which is where the vanilla game files are.
More info on this here, and elsewhere in this forum. When in doubt, just ask.

Last edited by KarlMonster: 10-28-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #444
Raziel123

Banned
Thanks, i've got it to work! I think i installed TB3D, i didn't download those links i said earlier because i figured out they weren't what i wanted, so i downloaded this instead:

"STALKERSOUP Project an English language version of the popular Russian mods Narodnaya Solyanka + DMX 1.3.4, from a group led by Tecnobacon. Released July 30th (30-7-2011) as an open BETA test. The mod team is adding new features and rewriting the game code. The standard version retains the dark decayed look of the DMX DKZ 1.3.2 Mod. New texture packs, and revised scripts, offer improved performance. An optional mod add-on, The Collector, is integrated with the package.
Tecnobacon.com is the go-to site for the latest Patches, Links, and information.
Get the Main Files from this Torrent link. Then patch as directed by Tecnobacon.com:
http://91.121.169.29/tecnobacon.torrent
Alternate link: http://www.crocko.com/32ED044AC55244...obacon.torrent
Alternative Magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ea72ebbfdee7b0ca...er.ccc.de%3 A80"

I renamed the other mod so that i didn't have to delete it.

So..the game is running NS + DMX (which is stalker soup, right?). It says TB3D 1.0.1 at the bottom of the main menu. Shouldn't i update to 1.0.7 or something?

Also, about the flashlight.. is it supposed to look so green/blue (not sure which color)? I don't like it like that
Old 10-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #445
KarlMonster

Quote:
... so i downloaded this instead:
My mistake. I wasn't aware that Snork had mirrored the TB links.

The flashlight is a work in progress. The idea is that a few different colors of light would be available in the future, and possibly that the light color might be customizable. [It probably is right now, but I couldn't guess where to find the relevant code.] I rather like the flashlight, as I still have a little trouble adjusting my settings with the darker textures, which I think are from DMX or DKZ mods.

Last edited by KarlMonster: 10-28-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #446
tehzipfile

Made a video showing all of the... weirder weapons/equipment and stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP-en2dhdGA
tehzipfile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #447
KarlMonster

Finally. I *always* wander into an invisible fountain anomaly when I run around like that.

There is also a wakizashi, an MG-42, MP-40, sticks of dynamite, etc. I've tried to use a land mine on a poltergeist, but that did not work well.

There is an FAL you can buy in the Clear Sky base, but I have issues with it. Oh, it looks nice, and has great details - right down to the "DSA" on the side, plus its powerful and very precise. Its also a very highly (to the point of being wonky-looking) customized rifle which feels very out of place in the Zone.

There is at least one Western rifle with peep sights that... could stand to have a new skin as the peep gives an astoundingly limited view.

Late Edit: I think I may have found what that first gun is. It looks suspiciously like a signal flare from Cryostasis. There is a pictuare of it in the Cryostasis manual.

Last edited by KarlMonster: 11-01-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #448
MOTORCYCLE FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecnoBacon View Post
Didn't forget you guys!

After a few delays I am almost done. Found some cstack CTD errors that were being caused by more 'hack coders': there never has been a table for the recipe generator for corpses, game relation values have been passed as strings instead of numbers which caused crashes when you or NPCs passed 900 skill level. Many more issues resolved.

Remember, no lights, delete the folder or you will have bone crashes in certain areas even tho they seem to work.

Thanks dAVROs, he is going to expand the unterm mod to work with the free roaming NPC and has already submitted a large addition to the Collector gameplay.

Thanks to others that have been sending bug reports, you've helped find many issues with this mod, we will be the ONLY true NS mod out there that really WORKS.

A patch will go up but it will not be 100% yet, several triggers and restrictors are being re-done to compensate for info portion mangling. The 'no available phrase' is caused when you have quest items out of order. Like Sid, as Collector if you go to the lab and get the documents before the laptop then Sid will see the document and try to use that dialog but the info portions add up to an invalid dialog index. The editing and testing for these will take several weeks so I will release a micro-patch to fix many things this week but patch 9 will wait a week or two.
EB
I'm a fan of yours, Bacon. That being said, this patch will fix the LUA errors right? For instance, when I get to the Dark Valley it gives me the message "Watchdog alert: saved games will be corrupted if saved in this area," and something to that effect.

Quote:
There is also a wakizashi, an MG-42, MP-40, sticks of dynamite, etc. I've tried to use a land mine on a poltergeist, but that did not work well.
That MP-40 is delicious; it has an atrociously long reload time for no real reason but I can't help but carry it around, that and the delicious Thompson and Mosin-Nagant. Being an Amerifat I wanted a Garand in the game but you can't have everything I guess.

Last edited by MOTORCYCLE FROG: 10-29-2011 at 10:52 PM.
MOTORCYCLE FROG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #449
TecnoBacon

UPDATE

The best laid plans...

I have been pulled away for a few days, will be back thur or fri to get this patch out. Have fixed and optimized the data system which was slowly corrupting saves. The other big issue that causes ctd on level spawn is missing schemes and the dead body recipe generator that NEVER had a table and the crash report was not pointing it out.

Some small things will not be done yet, the icons are still on hold although the Collector from dAVRos is adding more icons so it should get done soon. low-res gui also behind sched., hopefully a couple more contributors in that area would help.

Once the new reporting system and data services are complete we will start adding the new content, THANKS to all that have submitted bugs!
EB
TecnoBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #450
Lt. Beef

Sorry to ask you guys, but I'm getting a pretty persistent crash at the start of the Agroprom Underground right after killing the first couple bandits and getting ready to go to the next room. As soon as I set foot in the other room or sometimes right infront of it I crash right to desktop.

The log(at least I think it's the log) shows this:

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:002B7CB5, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series