Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 08-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
latxnemesis

Banned
Compilation of tricks and tips

Hi guys, I thought I'd make a compilation of all useful information posted on the forums regarding this game.

Related console commands
To enable developer console, start Steam, right-click E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, select Properties, click on 'Set Launch Options' and type in -console

For some of the commands to work, it's important that you type in sv_cheats 1 before entering any commands

List all the maps available
Type maps * in the console to list all the available maps in the game.

To select and play a map, choose a map from the list and type map <MAP NAME> and press Enter

Mouseover information
Using the command impulse 106 with your crosshair over an object is useful for getting information in console. You can also bind it to a key.
FloatingBallon

Spawn creatures (NPC)
You can spawn creatures through the console, to do this, type npc_create followed by the NPC you will spawn. Example:
npc_create npc_manduco (Spawns the green/red/blue monsters)
Another example:
npc_create npc_kraak (Don't do this if you're at a low level!)
Another example:
npc_create npc_interceptor (Does not always work)

You can bind this function to a key:
bind "<key>" "npc_create npc_kraak"
(You might use the quotations in the command to separate the command and key input)
Do not use the command ent_create - because it will spawn the target right on your feet!

List of NPCs to spawn
- npc_synicle_s
- npc_guardian_s
- npc_military_s
- npc_punk_s
- npc_jian_s
- npc_culter_s
- npc_cop_s
- npc_fs_s
- npc_kraak
- npc_carno
- npc_forma
- npc_manduco
- npc_scrab
- npc_trans
- npc_turret_floor
- npc_rats
- npc_deus_s
- npc_interceptor
(PS: Works occasionally, crashes the game occasionally)

Didn't make it into game but names are in files:

- npc_tissu
- npc_civil
- npc_persecutor_s
- npc_stigma_s
- npc_cyberpunk_s

(Thanks too FloatingBallon for this list!)

Spawning Research!
To spawn research tokens, write in console:
ent_create item_cyber (do not use the give command to spawn research tokens, because they will spawn at your mouse cursor!)

If you feel like this is taking some time, you can bind the command to a key:
bind "<key>" "ent_create item_cyber" - then spam it for lots of research!
(You might use the quotations in the command to separate the command and key input)

Removing start up videos
Go to \Steam\steamapps\common\eye\EYE\media
Remove the file 'intro.bik'

Cheats
noclip - Ability to walk through walls
give # - Give weapon (Input weapon name in place of #)
givecurrentammo - Gives the user ammunition to the weapon currently holding

List of weapons to spawn:

Remember, to spawn a weapon, type
give weapon_<name of weapon>

weapon_arrancadora
weapon_betty_boom
weapon_dual_BK13
weapon_bk444
weapon_bosco
weapon_caw_hammer
weapon_croon_hs
weapon_damocles
weapon_depezador
weapon_excidium
weapon_dual_katana
weapon_fko_black
weapon_fko_ka93
weapon_gctg222
weapon_hunting
weapon_kinder //grenade
weapon_medkit
weapon_motra
weapon_s6000
weapon_spiculum
weapon_sulfatum
weapon_trk

Example: give weapon_sulfatum

(Thanks too FloatingBallon for this list!)

Enable third-person view
EYEthirdperson 1
To enable first-person view again
EYEfirstperson 1

Changing the Field of View (FOV)
1: Start the game with console enabled
2: Type sv_cheats 1
3: Type then FOV and the value you want (75 is default, 90 is good for widescreens, and going under 75 zooms the game)

Sticky sprinting
This enables you to sprint in a similar fashion as in the Call of Duty games. You just need to press one time on the sprint button, and you're character will run until your energy is depleted or until you stop him yourself.

1: Navigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\eye\EYE\cfg\
2: Find config.cfg
3: Open it in notepad
4: Find "sv_stickysprint" and change the value from "0" to "1"

To remove it, just replace "1" with "0" again.

Quick method of replaying the original maps and missions without starting a new campaign!

When you've completed the game, or done most of the missions and maps, you get the offer to enter these levels again and do the side missions. But they lack the original missions and a bunch of important NCP's. Lets say you forgot to complete an achievement which is in the Nictus Labrynthus map, but don't feel like starting the campaign all over again just to reach that point? Don't worry, we got you covered.
  • Start the game with console (read above if you don't know how to enable the console)
  • type in maps * to see all the available maps
  • Choose the map you want to play, and type map <MAP NAME>, and enter!
This takes away the need of doing the campaign over and over again for things you've probably missed earlier on in the game! Enjoy!

Hints and tips
  • If you take some of the pistols with the Katana or the Damocles, you will have a weapon in both hands
  • The parry with a melee weapon stops projectiles and ranged attacks
  • You can pick up and throw back a grenade tossed by an opponent
  • A hit in the head or in the stomach deals more damage
  • Some of your researches can allow you to unlock new items
  • Some researches can unlock new researches
  • You can restart the current chapter whenever you want
  • Optional quests are available in every chapter, but you'll have to find the characters who are giving them first
  • When you reload your weapon, you will lose all the unused bullets still in the current magazine
  • The higher your PSI power is, the heavier and more massive objects you can pick up
  • If you attack an enemy in the back, by surprise, you'll deal more damage
  • You gain Experience for each wound inflicted to the enemy, depending on the damage importance
  • The more charged your Medkit is, the more you will heal yourself
  • The Maintenance allows you to recover health points when you are really badly wounded
  • When you die, you may have fatal wounds that will leave permanent after-effects to your character
  • You recover more energy when you crouch
  • Be careful to the length of some of your firearms, if an enemy is too close, you'll lower your weapon
  • You can modify the enemy reinforcements frequency in the game options
  • In the Armory, when you equip a magazine, just click on an empty case to duplicate it
These are the most important loading screens tip. The rest of the set is located in \Steam\steamapps\common\eye\EYE\resource\vgui\load ing

Hints from the users itself
  • If you die, and don't want to lose a resurector, you can press 'Esc' and click on 'Launch Temple HQ' to avoid losing a resurector
  • Fatal wounds explained easier. When you have low karma, and die, there is a given chance to recieve Fatal Wounds. Fatal Wounds is an effect that removes a portion of your stats, and in order to cure yourself from Fatal Wounds, you will need to research a spesific token (which won't be until the end of the game), so do not die!
  • If you press Ctrl + Space you will jump a lot higher!
  • If you zoom in on an enemy using any kind of scope, you can then activate Dragon Breath to instantly teleport a long distance and killing the target - TeleCloaking! (Hansuki!)
  • Taking damage while cloaked or cloaking will break the cloak. (This will still drain the energy if you get hit while cloaking) (TigerHawk71)
  • The icons for a weapon tell you something about it: A crosshair means a scope, a sword and gun icon means you can weild it with some melee weapons, a bullet breaking a wall means it is armor peircing(TigerHawk71)
  • Your medicine will only recharge when you are holding it. Use it when it stops recharging (this is influenced by your medicine skill)(TigerHawk71)
  • Melee weapons can be charged for bonus damage - they also do locational damage(TigerHawk71)
  • Healing yourself and others with the medicine grants XP(TigerHawk71)
  • Research says "2 days" but in reality it means about 5 minutes. Cheaper is usually better!(TigerHawk71)
  • Press F to see if your weapon has an alternative firing mode(TigerHawk71)
  • Any sword can block any bullets fired from enemies infront of you - even the default sword. This will drain your energy (but will keep blocking even without energy!)(TigerHawk71)
  • Minions/Allies can be ordered to stop following you and to hunt for enemies with the "Go Hunt" command action, while you're looking at the minion in question.(Gman03)
  • Right-clicking an item in your inventory removes it(Valdorganos)
  • With your gun lowered (or by holding the "sprint" key) your regular shot will be replaced with a short-ranged psi burst at the cost of some energy. Very useful for gibbing lower level mobs or pushing a shielded enemy away from you. Especially handy if you find your otherwise trusty minigun to need a reload in the middle of a battle and want to clear off any immediate threats before attempting to reload.(Mooghens)
  • You can throw and detonate grenades without losing cloak(Nerv322)
  • In beginning of the game, seconds before you encounter your first enemies, you are forced to descend a very large incline. It's not a complete drop, so you can hold S-button to slow yourself down. This is the game's number one killer.(Paradoxien)
  • After around 70 for each skill, you will hit the 2 point zone where you need 2 points for 1 skill. That means leveling normally, you need 130 points to get to 100 skill. You can avoid the 2 point zone by getting wounds. So instead of researching imminently, hold off and start dying or use one of the end game spells. So technically, the wounds "save" your points. After you have enough points saved in the wounds then research the cure.(Oscar123123123)
  • The ability Dermal Shealth reduces damage from falling significantly. You can jump from the highest cliff and hardly take no damage(FALCONPUNCH!)
  • The most powerful gene combination is 3 Metastreum but you have to do a lot of rerolling, if you're patient and lucky you'll end up with all your skills in the 30+ to 45 area. Sometimes the occasional stat will hit 50+ but this usually is accompanied by a bunch of red numbers; if the red figures are 28/29 it's only just below base and therefore not a huge drawback. Green equals good, red equals bad! (agoMIST)
  • As most people know the first thing you should do is research the medkit, but then hold off on anymore research to get the Cyber Cloak as quickly as possible.(agoMIST)
  • Did you know the HS010 is ridiculously powerful, this comes with a caveat; it only becomes stupidly powerful once you get the Targeting System cyber implant. This implant, when in effect, completely reduces the spread even when moving and firing and makes it ridiculously effective at mid range; coupled with the secondary fire mode that speeds up the rate of fire it devastates most enemies in New Eden (Save for Jian mentors) It usually fells the Deus Ex Machina that appears in less than one clip to the head and seems to give more XP than the Bosco.
    (agoMIST)
(More to come - please contribute! I will update my post)

Exploits/- bug abuse

Completed the game? feeling a little bored? but still want to build your character? (Leveling, researching, etc).

Leveling super fast

There is a bug that enables you to level really fast. Remember, you do not get experience by killing enemies, you get experience by shooting them! Go to the level 'Noctis Labyrinthus' (also known as the Mars map). At the armory, pick up the B.O.S.C.O sniper rifle, and as much ammunition you can carry! Do not head up through the stairs and out to the desert, just take the portal to the far left (there are aggressive enemies waiting at the other side of the portal, so cloak yourself before entering it). After you're through, continue through the cave until you arrive at a big stone bridge. This is the sweet spot! From this bridge, you will have line in sight to fire at one Dues Ex, which spawns every 3-4 minute and yield a lot of money (Bouzlouf?). You will also encounter two Interceptors, these are the ones we are looking for.

Interceptors (the gunships) don't yield that much money, but when you're shooting at them, it yields a lot of experience - use the B.O.S.C.O sniper rifle and just fire away, you'll see that you will level up really fast! But you need to watch out, there is a group of three soldiers that runs at the other side of the cliff towards you every 5 minute or so, to kill you. There is an easy way of ignoring them. Since the spawning has limitations, you can actually hack two (or three) of them so they are friendly to you. Since there is already two or three soldiers at the bridge with you, the limitations detect this and won't spawn another group until their gone - so as long as you don't shoot your hacked soldiers, you can just stand there, peacefully, shooting the interceptors as well as turning around and killing a Deus Ex once in a while for a lot of money!

If you run out of ammunition, just cloak yourself, go through the portal, get ammo, and go back - it's really easy!

Here's a video I've made. I don't usually record videos (had to install Fraps and Windows Movie Maker for the purpose of encoding it). So don't hate on me, broh! for the lack of quality and production.

Turret Exploit

When you pick up a turret, it counts as your weapon, so you can walk around with an infinite-ammo, auto-targeting gun which feeds you XP and cash and all you have to do is point it roughly where you want it. Recoil is huge though.

This leads to a fun situation in mission 3 (The forgotten outpost) - go to the bottom floor just after you collect your first quest, pick up a friendly turret and stand between the two posters, aiming at the point where all the manduco come out at you. the screen will shake like crazy when you fire but the posters will stop you being pushed back. you can then alt-tab out of the game and come back whenever you feel like it.(Charax)

Money grinding

The Deus Ex yields far the most money in the game, if I'm not mistaken. It even yields more money when you put the difficulty higher (doesn't really get that much harder anyway). To farm money, the best spot is in the map 'Noctis Labyrinthus' (also known as Mars map). Take the best weapons available for you (For me it's the A.K Assault Rifle, 10 shots in the head and Deus Ex is down - I also take with me an armor piercing revolver to two-shot the helicopters). Go into the second portal to the right, and you'll arrive in a battlefield. Cloak yourself before entering, because there's a lot of enemies. I usually just shoot down the two Interceptors that is in the area as fast as possible, then find a good spot to hide. There are two Deus Ex in this area. One is on top of the plateau where there is a parked ship, and on spawns close to the portal. Stay there, shoot the Deus Ex and get tons of money. Watch out for the choppers though!

Researching
Farming something to research? Head over to New Eden and go rampage. There's a slight chance that they will drop something for you to research, either something you already have researched, or something new. Remember to walk over their corpses (ammunition packs) to see if there is any loot.

Hacking
Ah, yes, the infamous hacking. Very confusing to the new players, and there's a lot of variables to consider.

Methods of hacking
You can try any of these combinations and see what works best for you (as I said, a lot of variables, for instance how many points you've spent on hacking)

1: Safe way of hacking: Shield - Shield - Overflow - Attack and rince and repeat in that order. Usually works well.

2: If you have spent a lot of points in hacking, and you think the hacking takes up too much time - try this: Overflow - Overflow - Overflow - Attack - Attack (they should usually be hacked by now)

TWEAKS

Scoped Zoom - Removing the Fisheye blur v2

Version v2 is out. The older version had some accuracy issues, this version is 100% accurate!)

Go here and download the files required.

To install:

1: Copy everything from the folder (doesn't matter if the README.txt file gets copied too)
2: Go to \Steam\steamapps\common\eye\EYE\materials\EYEeffec ts
3: Paste everything inside the folder
4: Start game
5: Profit

Removing scoped visual effects!v2

v2 of zoom-clutter removal is finished - this time, everything is gone! Thanks to FloatingBallon, scoped weapons are finally useful!

Download link here!

To install:

1: Open the .rar file and copy the 'crosshair' folder
2: Navigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\eye\EYE\materials\Models\
3: Paste, and yes to overwrite everything.
4: Start game
5: Profit!

(FloatingBallon)

TWO PICTURES SHOWING THE DIFFERENCE FROM REMOVING FISHEYE AND VISUAL EFFECTS:
BEFORE - AFTER - The change is AMAZING!

Please feel free to contribute - I only have this, and the video. I will update according to what you post! Thank you!

Last edited by latxnemesis: 08-06-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
latxnemesis

Banned
-Reserved-

Last edited by latxnemesis: 08-02-2011 at 04:35 PM.
latxnemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
VeryBumpy

Hmmmmmmmm...should be merged.
VeryBumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
latxnemesis

Banned
I've included most of what's said in that thread (by that, I mean all the interesting stuff). And the OP doesn't update his thread, so I'm making my own.

You're the OP. lol

Last edited by latxnemesis: 08-02-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
mrpeters

He (VeryBumpy) is the OP of that thread

Anyway, nice thread, knew all of those things but still nice
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
Hansuki

Nicely compiled.

Dragon can be used through the scope. Yes you can teleport across the map like this. I do this: Bind two keys (I use 2 and 3) to Dragon and Cloak. Zoom into a guy, or just look at a guy and hit 2 then 3. you should 'TeleCloak' and remain undetected by neighboring guys
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
latxnemesis

Banned
Wow, really nice find Hansuki, added!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Valdorganos

Quote:
Originally Posted by latxnemesis View Post
I've included most of what's said in that thread (by that, I mean all the interesting stuff). And the OP doesn't update his thread, so I'm making my own.

You're the OP. lol
Well you should have named this new thread, tricks and cheats, or even cheats and cheats, that would have been more logical. And more than an update problem I feel it's the real reason that pushed you make this new thread.

I'll post some new tips in the tips thread, for sure feel free to include those you think worthy.
Valdorganos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
latxnemesis

Banned
I will
Old 08-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
Valdorganos

Quote:
Originally Posted by latxnemesis View Post
I will
Posted, at least some will appear to you not interesting enough or badly written, don't hesitate make your selection and any rewritten you feel necessary.
Valdorganos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
latxnemesis

Banned
Thanks, I'll look into it
Old 08-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #12
latxnemesis

Banned
Alright, the reason I couldn't take in the other tips is because we don't have any confirmation about them. Let me elaborate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdorganos
Each time you come back to temple from a campaign mission, check all places, for new dialogs with various NPC.
Never (personally) experienced a chance to do/-experience something new after a mission. I'm not completely sure what to say here.
Quote:
It seems that some dialogs can unlock some features not only new missions, an achievement hints that.
Needs confirmation
Quote:
Research items are in small wallet dropped from dead bodies. Unlike all other items to take a wallet you just need walk on it. So walk on dead bodies to be sure to take all research items, the wallet isn't easy to quote.
We don't know if it's the bodies or the ammunition boxes that contain them. What we know now, is that these 'briefcases' of token to research is invisible - so we don't know if it's stuck on the corpse, the ammunition box or scattered alone (physics could blow it away from the original drop point). Needs confirmation
Quote:
when an obstacle or an enemy is too close you'll drop down your weapon but take care that this is true for swords too.
Already said
Quote:
You can left click to attack with a sword but you can also keep left click pressed and release for a more powerful attack.
Already said, by TigerHawk71, but it's such an obvious feature that I couldn't care to take it in :P

But I took in one point! very good one, actually!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Mooghens

Here's a handy one: With your gun lowered (or by holding the "sprint" key) your regular shot will be replaced with a short-ranged psi burst at the cost of some energy. Very useful for gibbing lower level mobs or pushing a shielded enemy away from you. Especially handy if you find your otherwise trusty minigun to need a reload in the middle of a battle and want to clear off any immediate threats before attempting to reload.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #14
Nerv322

Here's something I just found out.

You can throw and detonate grenades without losing cloak.
Nerv322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
Hansuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv322 View Post
Here's something I just found out.

You can throw and detonate grenades without losing cloak.
HEH STEALTH BOMBER

I can see it now.....

Edit: might as well add another tip. Holding down the fire button wont repeatedly swing melee weapons right? Well if you equip the Dual Katanas and either the 444 or dual pistols, the gun/sword option will allow you to hold fire with the sword hand as long as you hold shift and sprint. I call it 'Ginsu Mode' because you can run fast and shed anyone you walk into with high agility.

Last edited by Hansuki: 08-02-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy