Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 08-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Bratchanin

BC2 Vietnam Crash

Hello everyone.

Recently I bought Vietnam expansion, and I have to say, I enjoy it a lot more than bc2. The only thing, I have a huge problem where the game just crashes after 10-15 mins of gameplay, every single time. At first sound starts stuttering and repeating, then the screen turns white, and I can still hear the sound, but cannot do anything and have to hard restart. If I act quick enough, and as soon as the sound starts stuttering I press quit, I can safely quit to desktop, but if I am too late, then screen turns white.

All the drivers are up to date, no OC on anything, and this crash and stutter happens only in Vietnam, and never happened in bc2.

I did some research, and some people said it was related to on board realtek sound. So I went and bought a sound card and disabled the onboard one, and the same crash still occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I really enjoy the game (for all the 10 minutes it lasts).
Old 08-07-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
iceman087

Banned
specs?
iceman087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
jake9891

strangely I have the same problem, ever since I installed the expansion I cannot play stable for a long periods of time, I thought it was my overclock, but every other game runs fine. For me it doesn't matter if I play the expansion or not, it does it even in the normal BC2 :/

I have Q9550 @ 3.7GHz and 8800GT.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
Bratchanin

Specs are i7, gtx 285, rocketfish sound card, 6 gb of ddr3. Nothing out of ordinary.

@Jake, I havent really played bc2 for that long to see if it crashes or not. I will try it and see if it also crashes. Is your crash similar to mine with stuttering sound and white screen?
Bratchanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
dubey

Vietnam isn't worth playing more than 10-15 minutes

That's a feature
dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
jake9891

@Bratchanin yes it was the same at first, but after few days it started BSODing after few minutes of playing, at first I thought it was my overclock, as I have both GPU and CPU overclocked, but I reset everything to default settings and it was still the same.

However, I might have found a solution.... not sure how long it will stay fine but anyway.... after my last post, I backed up the game, then removed it through Steam and restore it from the backup and I've been playing it for the past 3h straight, without any problems... not sure if that fixed the problem or not, but I was happy I could play it for so long at least once
Old 08-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
iceman087

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratchanin View Post
Specs are i7, gtx 285, rocketfish sound card, 6 gb of ddr3. Nothing out of ordinary.

@Jake, I havent really played bc2 for that long to see if it crashes or not. I will try it and see if it also crashes. Is your crash similar to mine with stuttering sound and white screen?
your card is kinda small,maybe overheating
iceman087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
Oz_JuicE

Vietnam is awesome but it won't be the cause of the crash. It will be your rig and probably sound card, drivers or memory error.
Oz_JuicE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
jake9891

I wonder.... is it possible to install just BC2 without Vietnam? or since the add-on is bought it will be always installed together with the original?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
Oz_JuicE

Vietnam is loaded as part of one of the latest updates to the game but you have to buy the key to unlock it. So therefore the game is there but not used.
Oz_JuicE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series