Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Chantelise

Old 08-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
KineticsReborn

Length of game

as the title reads, i've been wanting this game for awhile. While 10 dollars doesnt seem much, it is to me. I cant justify dropping my 10 unless i know i'll get a good amount of enjoyment. Would i atleast get around 20 hours of entertainment out of it? (not counting the apparently endless random dungeons or whatever)
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Pinny

The main story itself is around 4-5 hours. I believe if you throw in the extra dungeons and stuff you can get up to 10 hours.

If you're expecting a huge blockbuster then maybe you shouldn't be looking at games like these, though.
Pinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
Erkrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinny View Post
The main story itself is around 4-5 hours. I believe if you throw in the extra dungeons and stuff you can get up to 10 hours.

If you're expecting a huge blockbuster then maybe you shouldn't be looking at games like these, though.
Funny thing is that many "AAA" games are short as well.

But yeah most of the time if you are buying an indie game, unless it's sandboxish ,don't expect the content to last extremely long. Although the game does have ways of prolonging content with extra dungeons or the endless one I read about it can get repetitive.
Erkrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
BurningTofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkrez View Post
Funny thing is that many "AAA" games are short as well.

But yeah most of the time if you are buying an indie game, unless it's sandboxish ,don't expect the content to last extremely long. Although the game does have ways of prolonging content with extra dungeons or the endless one I read about it can get repetitive.
That being said I gave up on the length of the game and I am more focused on replayability. Which is why I tend to stick with mmo usually. Even with the recent game that came out like The witcher 2 only provided me with 30 hours of gameplay (short for a RPG) despite the fact that people claims to be hard and are having tough time finishing the game. I'd say this game does provide some of the replay value with the few challenge mode and looking at the price range of $10, I think it's well worth it.
BurningTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
skelter192

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningTofu View Post
That being said I gave up on the length of the game and I am more focused on replayability. Which is why I tend to stick with mmo usually. Even with the recent game that came out like The witcher 2 only provided me with 30 hours of gameplay (short for a RPG) despite the fact that people claims to be hard and are having tough time finishing the game. I'd say this game does provide some of the replay value with the few challenge mode and looking at the price range of $10, I think it's well worth it.
30 hours for you 65 hours for me. Also on my 7th playthrough. This game though I finished it and that's it at least Recettear I have a ton of time spent on it.
skelter192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #6
tech7

I don't think you will get 20 hours out of it.

I think 5-10 hours is more likely. Imo, thats in line for a 10$ game. Especially regarding the current trend of the bigger publisher to charge 50 or more $ for 8 hour games
tech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
Askjosh

As long as I can get 1 hour of enjoyment per dollar spent, then I am happy with the purchase. In the case of this game I will get at least 15 hours of enjoyment from it.

The best bang for my buck though has to be the game Dungeons of Dreadmore. I bought the game for $5 and already have almost 30 hours of enjoyment out of it. There is something fun about playing it on perma death and playing until your killed then starting over again.
Askjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #8
careface312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askjosh View Post
As long as I can get 1 hour of enjoyment per dollar spent, then I am happy with the purchase. In the case of this game I will get at least 15 hours of enjoyment from it.

The best bang for my buck though has to be the game Dungeons of Dreadmore. I bought the game for $5 and already have almost 30 hours of enjoyment out of it. There is something fun about playing it on perma death and playing until your killed then starting over again.
Yeah DoD is incredibly cost effective. Try Cthulhu saves the world, spent 19 hours on that (main game and then the bonus angels mode) and its only £2.

This game lasted me 8 hours, that includes running through most of the areas on practice mode to get the secret treasures aswell. Decent length but it was abit boring in all honesty..
careface312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
Askjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by careface312 View Post
Yeah DoD is incredibly cost effective. Try Cthulhu saves the world, spent 19 hours on that (main game and then the bonus angels mode) and its only £2.

This game lasted me 8 hours, that includes running through most of the areas on practice mode to get the secret treasures aswell. Decent length but it was abit boring in all honesty..
agreed and I will have to checkout Cthulhu saves the world.
Askjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
Petersaber

Took me 9 hours 56 minutes to complete. Though that includes getting every single treasure from before the final boss (including him). I had a hard time with Crab and some other boss.
Petersaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Chantelise