Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 08-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
shamoke

Why do I randomly get banned from servers?

Like right after I finish loading a map before I even picked a class.

Are these guys trying to play with friends? Why is their server not passworded? This happens pretty damn frequently on suicidal/HoE servers.

Wasn't even a kickvote. Just an admin banning me right when the game loads. Didn't even see what my perk levels are or whatever.

Last edited by shamoke: 12-08-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
Durr-P

If you're low level, they're kicking/banning you for that. (For Suicidal and HoE anyway.)
Durr-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
shamoke

All my perks are level 6. I didn't even pick a perk yet so they don't even know what my levels are.
shamoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
KillTheFloor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamoke View Post
All my perks are level 6. I didn't even pick a perk yet so they don't even know what my levels are.
Meh.

Just host your own server.
KillTheFloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
400-0 KD

My Assumption is that the Big Cheese, Assumed you were trying to "Leech Achievements" Map related.

If they really want to try doing that to everyone then they're player base will Dwindle very quickly.

That's the Explanation, I can see out of this.

If that is their Attempt to Regulate towards this, They've saved you the Trouble of blacklisting said Server yourself.

Last edited by 400-0 KD: 08-07-2011 at 05:26 PM.
400-0 KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
turtlesoup

this is why many ops don't even enable kickvoting, way too much abuse. some kids aren't very smart, and would rather use someone elses server to kick each and every random one at a time, instead of hosting their own game with a password.
turtlesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #7
Denhonator

Maybe you didn't see some rules? Maybe they had some reason why you couldn't join. Maybe your ping was too high? Maybe they checked if you can hear their voice chat and you didn't and they kicked you? All what came to my mind.
Denhonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
the1stwasted

Could be that you joined too late in the game. A lot of players do not like anyone joining on wave 7 and up.
the1stwasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #9
400-0 KD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1stwasted View Post
Could be that you joined too late in the game. A lot of players do not like anyone joining on wave 7 and up.
If that were the case, It's Extremely Excessive to full out ban him (Assuming it's the Server Admin)
400-0 KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 AM   #10
the1stwasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400-0 KD View Post
If that were the case, It's Extremely Excessive to full out ban him (Assuming it's the Server Admin)
Admin is the only one that can ban, players can only kick, as far as I know.
There have been times I have kicked players due to joining too late in the game, only to have them imediatly re-connect, in which case they got a ban. But unless I'm wrong, the ban is only for the remainder of the game.
Like someone else said, could be his ping. Could be his game name as well.

Last edited by the1stwasted: 08-08-2011 at 02:23 AM.
the1stwasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #11
turtlesoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1stwasted View Post
Admin is the only one that can ban, players can only kick, as far as I know.
There have been times I have kicked players due to joining too late in the game, only to have them imediatly re-connect, in which case they got a ban. But unless I'm wrong, the ban is only for the remainder of the game.
Like someone else said, could be his ping. Could be his game name as well.
you're using the wrong kick then. kick = temp kick, basically useless for anything besides trolling your buddies, since they can rejoin right away. kickban = kick for the session (until next map load), and ban is ofc permanent steamid blacklist. you should be seeing all 3 choices if going through webadmin ui. through console is typed just like that as well, and kick vote defaults to kickban for both admin/clients.

also common is people confusing kick with ban, probably what op means. not sure why since they're totally different, I doubt he was actually banned permanently.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
Jarmen Kell

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlesoup View Post
you're using the wrong kick then. kick = temp kick, basically useless for anything besides trolling your buddies, since they can rejoin right away. kickban = kick for the session (until next map load), and ban is ofc permanent steamid blacklist. you should be seeing all 3 choices if going through webadmin ui. through console is typed just like that as well, and kick vote defaults to kickban for both admin/clients.

also common is people confusing kick with ban, probably what op means. not sure why since they're totally different, I doubt he was actually banned permanently.
Not really. Kick is removed from the server, and if "kickban" is involved, then "ban" just bans them but doesn't remove them. They're simply not allowed to reconnect once they leave. "Kickban" kicks AND bans them. Kick votes usually ban people until the next round.
Jarmen Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #13
angrykenji

happened to me too a few times, just like how the OP says..
bunch of s
angrykenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
turtlesoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmen Kell View Post
Not really. Kick is removed from the server, and if "kickban" is involved, then "ban" just bans them but doesn't remove them. They're simply not allowed to reconnect once they leave. "Kickban" kicks AND bans them. Kick votes usually ban people until the next round.
you're confused, reread the above and wrap your head around these 3 commands if you want to know what you're doing. it's the same convention for every server admin in existence.

let's go over this again -

kick = kick only, no further action (rejoin and rage)
kickban = kick AND ban, temporary for the session (this map only)
ban = kick AND ban, permanently (steamid blacklist)

^^this is the confusing part for newbs I guess, why would you want to ban without kicking? who knows.
kicking without banning is way more useful and amusing.

you're presented with these 3 commands through console and web admin, and kick votes in kf always default to kickban. be glad that tripwire was smart enough to do this, not everyone does. regular kick is useless unless you're an admin who can do it over and over again, since all they ever do is come right back to rage and grief, for you to point and laugh.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
Drolfle

I permban anyone that is below perk level 4. Says on the map browser no perks below 4.

I do not PermBan 4 or above unless they grief. Noone gets kicked to make room for anyone on my server.

When I am playing I do not appreciate people joining in fp waves. I never join a map thats past wave 4 at the most and usually not if the map is past wave 3.

I would not ban someone without letting them know why.
Drolfle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor