Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Square Enix

Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
bluegrazz

How do I get my money back?????

Just bought this "game" today. The account creation has been the most confusing thing I've ever seen (literally 3 different accounts so far)and after trying to just get this thing registered I am giving up (3+ hours thus far)

For some reason it detects that I have the game but cannot find a subscription and the account management is such a nightmare to figure out, I dont even see how to add a simple account (but I am supposed to have 30 days game time)

I realize that Steam has fulfilled their obligation in actually giving me the game- But since I cannot even log in I would honestly just like my money back. It seems there are a ton of people with this issue and I think Steam needs to honestly stop selling the game or get this ironed out.

This is the worst experience I have ever had with an online game and I have been gaming for 30 years and gaming online since the mid 1990s.

Waste of time and money.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
enemyofportal

Banned
well, you didn't tell us what the game's title was. so we have no idea what it is. plus, if you just bought games (not preorder), there is no way you can get refund. period. that's the reason when you buy games online, you should be serious.
enemyofportal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
dropy

If its FFXI ur talking about try looking at this guide and see if it helps:
http://www.playonline.com/homeus/polshift/
http://www.playonline.com/homeeu/polshift/
Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
bluegrazz

LOL- What a joke....

First off, YES, the game I am speaking of is FF11.

Second, thank you for the "linked account tip" as that was my problem.

This game requires 3 seperate accounts to work- A Playonline account, a Square Enix account and a "Click and Buy" account... First you sign up with Play Online and (even though) all the pertinent account information can be input into Play Online but it wont work because you need a Square Account.

SOOOOOO, you go an make a square account- BUT WAIT- Now (as has been pointed out to me- Thank you) you have to link both accounts together.

-BUT WAIT, there's more... Those accounts only let you be recognized by the antiquated system. ow to actually sign up for the game, you need a "Click and Buy account" as well.... This entails them actually making 2 withdraws from your bank account (between .99 and 1$) and then you have to log in and confirm the amounts they withdrew.... Seriously....

So, having played MMOs since the early days of UO, I have NEVER went through all this hassle, and it isnt worth it.

I will now be logging in (some 30+ hours later).

I have even had to deal with squares "customer support" who told me they were having account issues and try again next week - They didnt even bother to tell me about linking an account (which DID work)- My question is, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY?????????

Of all the online games I have played, some thrugh Indie developers, I have never needed to have them take 3 diffrent accounts, merge 2 and withdraw 2 separate payments from my bank.

What a nightmare.

And thanks for the help.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
bluegrazz

UPDATE: Well, after all this it STILL will not work. Apparently SE is having account issue (per their CS team) and I am "supposed" to try again tommorow...

Enough is enough- Credit card payment has been stopped per my bank. Services were not rendered.

Sorry Steam but if you get enough chargebacks you will ensure that the products you sell work- Apparently SE has issued a report on this at the end of July (the 27th I think) and yet are still selling this product with no way to get into the game, use the trial or play.

I am not asking for my money back at this point- I am stopping the charge and taking it back.

enough is enough- Dont sell this game when they have admittedly had activation problems for at least 3 weeks now and (apparently) cannot fix the issue.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:11 AM   #6
warmaster670

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrazz View Post
UPDATE: Well, after all this it STILL will not work. Apparently SE is having account issue (per their CS team) and I am "supposed" to try again tommorow...

Enough is enough- Credit card payment has been stopped per my bank. Services were not rendered.

Sorry Steam but if you get enough chargebacks you will ensure that the products you sell work- Apparently SE has issued a report on this at the end of July (the 27th I think) and yet are still selling this product with no way to get into the game, use the trial or play.

I am not asking for my money back at this point- I am stopping the charge and taking it back.

enough is enough- Dont sell this game when they have admittedly had activation problems for at least 3 weeks now and (apparently) cannot fix the issue.
Have fun with you banned account, sicne doing that instead of doing teh thing a man and not a child would dom you know contacting customer support,is a breach of the ToS.
warmaster670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
Jacer

----------------EDIT!-------------
Sorry about the necro post!, No idea why this thread was on the top of the forums, but I swear it was allready there before I posted

Sounds like a nightmare...

I only played FFXI via Trial though.. And honestly I hated the Launcher stright away and clicked my way trough some pages to get a cuple of days free... During the trial the game really wasent that fun to play, but I was willing to give it a shot...

Well untill I visited their site and tried to understand the payment methods... What was it.. you have to pay for each character + a subscription + somthing... Pfff

Honestly, you have to be a pretty Hardcore FF fan to swallow that stuff

Last edited by Jacer: 12-24-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Jacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
Astori

Since this thread is being necro-ed by the last poster edit,

might as well answer it ^^

the Click & Buy payment system is indeed uber sucked,
even SE admitted it,

therefore since january 2012 (kinda late isn't it?)
SE implemented the old usual payment system handled by SE themselves
just like the old FF11 payment style years ago

if you want to play FF again, try giving it a shot
Astori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
nucleocide

I'm having the exact same problems. A system this complex is ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason it should be this painful in the year 2012. Sure, their ty system was built 11 years ago, but there's no reason for them to not have updated their launcher.

I have literally over a dozen pieces of information so far to get the game running, and apparently I still don't have enough information. Here's my list so far:

FFXI Product Code
FFXI Item Code
Square Enix website username
Square Enix Email
Square Enix "Real" Password
Square Enix Member Password
PlayOnline Username
PlayOnline Password
PlayOnline Mail
PlayOnline Mail Password

After spending two hours trying to get this game to work, it turns out I'm still missing a Content ID. Following the instructions in their POL launcher doesn't help, apparently the instructions in the launcher no longer correlate to how it's actually done. Here's a bunch of screenshots I took:

http://imgur.com/a/63W5b

In all honestly, we did pay Square money, and they did not provide us with a service. That is completely wrong, however when we bought the games, we clicked the little checkbox preventing us from doing anything about it. If we report the payment as fraudulent, we do get our Steam games 'stolen' back from us. This is just another case of the Man winning.
nucleocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
TentacleMayor

The registration and launcher are a damn antiquated cluster****. I've been sitting here an hour trying to figure out how to get into the game with the free 30 days. I bought the game and can't even get a trial on my Playonline/Square account without dealing with their non-functioning Content ID system, which simply does not work on the launcher. If I don't get to play those 30 days without paying, I won't be subscribing at all, and resent the fact I even gave this game a chance by buying it.

EDIT: I finally figured it out. Here's how you get your free 30 days once you're past the registration keys, the SE registration, the Playonline registration, the launcher updating, the account linking, the password setting and all the rest: The playonline launcher uses 'content IDs' which I still don't fully understand but they contain your character information and subscription. Despite what the launcher says, you can't purchase, review or do anything else Content-ID related on it. You need to go to the SE account management page and select 'Select Service', then 'Final Fantasy XI', then 'Options List'. You need to set up something called an 'option' (not a word that's used in gaming to mean anything else, or that could ever be confusing in this context). The 'option' seems to be the right to have one or more characters, linked to a payment option.

Now here's how to actually get your free 30 days: select a payment method, then the normal fee will be subtracted so you can play 30 days on a character. If you don't want to enter credit/debit information, select Crysta. Once that process is done, the damn launcher will stop moaning about a 'Content ID' (which term is not mentioned anywhere on SE account management) and after you've restarted the launcher you should be able to login to your playonline and... start downloading the 10GB updates.

But Jesus SE, make this thing more user-friendly somehow. I've never seen a game so cryptic and counter-intuitive to get started since I played a multi-CD game on Dosbox.

Last edited by TentacleMayor: 03-25-2012 at 09:38 PM.
TentacleMayor is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Square Enix