Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Electronic Arts

Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Redbull59

Thumbs down Huge Price Variation of EA Games

EA games on steam much expensive in my country than U.S. For instance Medal of Honor US Price is $19.99 and Australian Price is $69.99. The difference is $50 between these countries. There are many other games like ME2, Need For Speed games, Crysis games, etc. which have much price gaps among countries. Setting a much higher pricing margins to 3rd world nations for their games is not the business way. It's not economical either. EA sell their games on steam for less price to US. The most developed country in the world. I'm from South Asia, Medal of Honor and ME2 (Std. Edition) cost me 59.99USD and $49.99USD repectively.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #2
HolisticCookie

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbull59 View Post
EA games on steam much expensive in my country than U.S. For instance Medal of Honor US Price is $19.99 and Australian Price is $69.99. The difference is $50 between these countries. There are many other games like ME2, Need For Speed games, Crysis games, etc. which have much price gaps among countries. Setting a much higher pricing margins to 3rd world nations for their games is not the business way. It's not economical either. EA sell their games on steam for less price to US. The most developed country in the world. I'm from South Asia, Medal of Honor and ME2 (Std. Edition) cost me 59.99USD and $49.99USD repectively.
Don't give these Evil Americans anymore money then.
HolisticCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Redbull59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolisticCookie View Post
Don't give these Evil Americans anymore money then.
But EA sell their games on Origin for low price in my country. Why they don't reduce the price of their games on STEAM. But I don't like Origin.
Redbull59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
Burningwolf

*chuckles* now you see the power of brand marketing and competition.Its all done on purpose.EA stacks the deck in orgin's favor every chance they get...get used to it.
Burningwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
Albinon01

The same in every region, i live in Mexico and the pricing is, mostly 10 bucks higher than us. Why? you beat me, even their own store has different prices than the origin widget... Bad marketing if you ask me.
Albinon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #6
ericroslin

Hell, Steam used to be one of worst places to buy games online from, they got their act together and fixed it up though. Origin could do the same but it's set up for fail. Overall, it just won't work out well for EA. Origin doesn't support selling any games developed outside their realm being sold on there, they give no real incentive to buy their products over there anyway, it's the same pricing as Steam and possibly more considering sales. Plus, most people don't want to outsource to more than one digital distributors, I sure don't, they are trouble.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Electronic Arts