|08-11-2011, 02:45 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Steam Client Beta Available - Aug 11 Update
There's a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change... button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select Steam Trade Beta Update, and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:
Original Beta Updates
- Added Steam Trade (see here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6748-ETSG-5417)
- Added inventory view on Steam Community profiles, to see your TF2 items
- Added drag-drop of items from your inventory into chat
- Added bucketing of friends in the friends list – right-click on a friend as select ‘Tag as…’ to organize them into categories.
- Added Brazilian-Portuguese and Bulgarian language support
- Added a much improved dialog for when a game is being converted to use the updated content system
- Fixed a case where Steam Guard would unnecessarily re-ask for activation in the Steam Client.
- Fixed offline mode not working if there was no remembered password
Trade Beta update fixes today (8/11)
- Fixed missing invitations-sent section in friends list
- Fixed clan sorting in friends list being case-sensitive
- Added chat to the trade dialog
- Removed behavior of repositioning chat dialogs when starting at trade
- Fixed friends groups section names with non-latin characters displaying incorrectly
- Fixed friends groups sections not removing themselves when all friends are removed
- Changed friends groups to be sorted alphabetically
- Changed dragging of items into a chat window to send instantly
8/11 evening update
- Added find-as-you-type search to inventory page
- When trading, your own gift items will show whether they have already been sent to someone or not (like the inventory page)
- TF2 wiki links on the inventory page now open in a new browser window
- Fixed case where games would appear or start to be re-downloading when they shouldn’t
- When selecting all text in a text entry, repaint immediately rather than waiting for the caret blink to trigger a repaint.
- Disabled trading for Café and School accounts
- Bumped skin version to 4, for real this time
- Improved friends list spacing in no-avatars view
- Removed hover effect for your own avatar at the top of the friends list
- repaired "View aliases" dialog
- sorted aliases in "view aliases" dialog by time last used
- improvements to friends tagging feature
- Allow Unicode text when entering account recovery answers in the client
8/17 Evening Update
- changed items in chat to have a more compact display
- changed items in chat to have a tooltip that is a full description of the item
- fixed clan panels in friends list to have a hover state
- fixed up text layout in the game details page
- fixed friends online/in-game counts in 'FRIENDS' section of friends list being wrong if that section is set to show untagged friends only
- added a down-arrow to the Friends menu to try make it more discoverable
- changed Friends menu item 'Show untagged friends only' to 'Show everyone in the FRIENDS section'
- added more instrumentation to help detect crashes
- Fixed a couple of Steam client crashes
- Fix download and conversion of games using the new download system (Quake 4, Sniper Elite, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction) for users on ISPs using some transparent proxies
- Fixed friends sections collapse state not saving correctly between sessions
- Fixed a crash if the audio device is removed during a voice chat
- Fixed editing the name of a non-Steam game
- Added inventory privacy controls to the Community profile settings page. You can also choose to display Steam Gifts with the rest of your inventory or keep them private (the default).
- Fixed printing of receipts from cd-key registration
- Fixed fresh installs not getting server lists from in-game
- Added Inventory History page. Accessible from a link when viewing your own inventory, this shows past trades you've made.
- Fixed Friends Notification Options dialog laying out incorrectly
- Added a new sound for when the other user ends a voice call
- Updated the existing dialing/ringing sounds for voice calls
- Clicking on a trade invite toast now takes you to the chat window
- CPU optimizations for users with very long friends lists
- Changed the ‘Friends aliases’ dialog to clear itself on startup, so bogus data isn’t shown while the aliases are being downloaded from the server
- Fixed the ‘View Pre-Load info’ menu item for games to correctly open the Pre-load info dialog
Please read the following if you cannot trade gifts that you have recently purchased. This is not a bug:
Only gifts that are purchased on trusted accounts can be traded immediately; otherwise there is a 90-day cool down before the gift can be traded. Any account that has made any valid purchase from the Steam Store more than 90 days ago is considered trusted. This is to ensure that all games traded are valuable, and help prevent fraudulent purchases for the purpose of trades.
Last edited by JacobU: 08-25-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Added 90 day info
|08-11-2011, 02:46 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2009
ooo what do we have here
I like these bug fixes
Is this a bug? None of my friend's aliases are showing..
Edit: Thanks for fixing it yesterday
Last edited by pokedex2536: 08-18-2011 at 05:39 PM.
|08-11-2011, 02:50 PM||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2007
|08-11-2011, 02:50 PM||#7|
Join Date: Jul 2009
|08-11-2011, 02:51 PM||#8|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Does this address the crash on startup bug on the Mac client? (Specifically, those who have a balance in their Steam Wallet are crashing.)
Also, Mac client has weird shadows extending across the top and bottom of the Library window. Doesn't appear when viewing Store, News, or Community.
Last edited by Symmetric: 08-11-2011 at 02:55 PM.
|08-11-2011, 02:56 PM||#9|
Join Date: Oct 2010
I tried to trade with a friend. But we weren't able to see the requests we sended each other.
Maybe we sended one at the same time. That could be a reason.
-it was 2 minutes ago, when we tried to trade
|08-11-2011, 02:56 PM||#10|
Join Date: Sep 2007
|08-11-2011, 03:08 PM||#13|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Rather than have it say "An error occurred"/"Trade expired" when the other person closes the trade, can it say that the other person closed it?
|08-11-2011, 03:23 PM||#14|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quoting my post from the older thread: