Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
Bobby Road
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 200
Posts: 678
How would weapon attatchments be in GO?

Buy an AK then buy a sight for it....overpowered as hell :P

Anyways...I hope armor is visible on players, like they don't spawn with a helmet till they buy one.
Bobby Road is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #2
broadwey
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 58
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Road View Post
Buy an AK then buy a sight for it....overpowered as hell :P

Anyways...I hope armor is visible on players, like they don't spawn with a helmet till they buy one.
Nope there's going to be no sights and I very much doubt there's going to be attachments for weapons.
broadwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
TioChuck
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 8
Posts: 254
this is cs, not ty cod
TioChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Maze
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 33
Posts: 202
Please, Valve, no ironsights.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
TemplateR
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
Please, Valve, no ironsights.

Ironsights yes, but not on all weapons plz. Only on little few weapons !!!
TemplateR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
wits
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Reputation: 448
Posts: 2,238
According to some of the people testing it there will be no ironsights.
wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
sa2fan
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
Ironsights yes, but not on all weapons plz. Only on little few weapons !!!
No iron sights. The only thing you should able to aim with is snipers. That's all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #8
pat_pat
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 31
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
Ironsights yes, but not on all weapons plz. Only on little few weapons !!!
no iron sights, i like iron sights, but they don't fit into cs at all
pat_pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
Phantom.'
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 10
Posts: 191
Not iron-sights, no attatchements.
Phantom.' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
faraany3k
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 49
Posts: 491
I dunno I have a feeling this will be an epic fail. I mean why would you want to make a game for consoles that has failed so miserably in the PAST. And besides Left4dead, no other source multiplayer game has ever been popular on consoles. Plus a 15 dollar game will not likely to gain much attention in AAA battlefield and COD titles. This game dosent even has AIM DOWN SIGHTS. Quake recently tried to do this but failed miserably. I know Valve is a genius but this move is somewhat silly, unless they are dramatically changing the game.
faraany3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #11
Mis-Teeq
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 36
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraany3k View Post
I dunno I have a feeling this will be an epic fail. I mean why would you want to make a game for consoles that has failed so miserably in the PAST. And besides Left4dead, no other source multiplayer game has ever been popular on consoles. Plus a 15 dollar game will not likely to gain much attention in AAA battlefield and COD titles. This game dosent even has AIM DOWN SIGHTS. Quake recently tried to do this but failed miserably. I know Valve is a genius but this move is somewhat silly, unless they are dramatically changing the game.
Apparently you haven't seen the loyal fan of Valve, nor the CS series.

I've been playing since the absolute very beginning, when the game was a free mod.

I'll buy every installment of CS. Why? Because it ISN'T COD, nothing like it. And that's what makes it so much fun.
Mis-Teeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #12
mestido
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 11
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mis-Teeq View Post
Apparently you haven't seen the loyal fan of Valve, nor the CS series.

I've been playing since the absolute very beginning, when the game was a free mod.

I'll buy every installment of CS. Why? Because it ISN'T COD, nothing like it. And that's what makes it so much fun.
I think he is talking about that it will "fail" on consoles...
Ofc it will be most playble pc game on steam, as always
mestido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #13
cool_zed
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Reputation: 34
Posts: 1,264
Naaa...Don't underestimate the console crowd, if the game is good enough on the console there will be a bigger crowd for it on there. I should note that I'm only talking about the Casual matchmaking not he comp-side of GO.
cool_zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #14
Koshe
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mis-Teeq View Post
Apparently you haven't seen the loyal fan of Valve, nor the CS series.

I've been playing since the absolute very beginning, when the game was a free mod.

I'll buy every installment of CS. Why? Because it ISN'T COD, nothing like it. And that's what makes it so much fun.
But what if it turns out similar? If they have consoles in mind I think they'll have to use some ideas from cod, as this type of shooter is not accustomed to console life. So if that's true I can't see CS on PC being that much different from the console version thus it may suffer on PC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
gotthisfortf2
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 239
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshe View Post
But what if it turns out similar? If they have consoles in mind I think they'll have to use some ideas from cod, as this type of shooter is not accustomed to console life. So if that's true I can't see CS on PC being that much different from the console version thus it may suffer on PC.
It is stupid and ignorant to think the game will suck because of consoles.Valve has put there games on both consoles and PC and they manage to make both versions good.Unlike companies like Crytek and monolith-Valve doesn't try to be another game.Valve always has good original ideas like portal, half life, and team fortress 2.
gotthisfortf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.