Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 08-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Benabik

Red face The steam servers are too busy to let me play Civ V

Steam has decided that I'm not allowed to play Civ V, as far as I can tell. I can play any other game on my account, just not Civ V. I walked through all the steps in the support FAQ. I even uninstalled the game, but it gives the same error ("The steam servers are too busy to handle your request") as when the game was already installed. Is anyone else having this problem with Civ? It seem to have started after the new patch was released.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
daguru9

I've been having this same issue for over a day now, started right after I purchased the Korea DLC. I have tried posting a question to Steam Support, but still no response.

I have tried all of the items in the Support FAQ (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5483-YUFN-0521), but since uninstalling I have not been able to reinstall (same error message). I even located my original install CD and that will not work since it can't connected to the Steam servers.

I have disabled my firewall and antivirus, ran all Windows updates, updated Steam software, etc... The only change to my system was the purchasing of the DLC.

Any suggestions...
daguru9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
Benabik

Finally seem to have it working. I shut down steam, moved my C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps folder to my desktop, uninstalled Steam, reinstalled Steam, then put the steamapps folder back. (Moving steamapps is needed to not delete all the games I had installed.) It finally started re-installing Civ V.
Benabik is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series