Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cthulhu Saves the World

Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
Jankanpo

Highlander strategy? [POTENTIAL SPOILERS]

(crossposted this with gamefaqs)

What's your highlander strat?

Mine used to be Umi buffing, but now it's Sharpe combo building/surviving until he has enough meter to one shot with deathblow

I honestly have no idea how I'm gonna beat the next few bosses..

It took me grinding past all the encounters on the world map to beat the Ape Princess using October's Rain of Fire or whatever the per turn nuke spell is.

I'm at the end of the Volcano I think..

Recently just ran through normal runs of the regular game and the Angels mode, so this is quite a change in gameplay.. any tips besides grinding (like what character you use/skillset?)
Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Jankanpo

Alright, I just sat down and destroyed the final part of my Highlander playthrough LOL.

I forgot where I left off, and it happened I actually finished the Volcano before quitting last time. I went straight to the Ice Caves and grinded til I was about 80 (using October's Void to 1-shot nearly everything), got DEM, destroyed the sorceror's cave or whatever, and then wrecked the final areas using October (for the final area she was around level 130 or so and 1-2 shot everything with the Giant Whip just like Lyra? in BoDVII). When I finished the game I was at 155 and just used Cthulhu and 2 shot the final boss using tentacles lol.

idk being that strong after having so much trouble during my last two playthroughs felt so good. I think I'm gonna skip straight to Insane mode and go back to grinding forever until I can do the same strategy. I'm trying to think of how in the world I'll manage score attack though, since my fallback plan is usually to always grind if I get wiped..
Jankanpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
GET CARRIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankanpo View Post
now it's Sharpe combo building/surviving until he has enough meter to one shot with deathblow

It took me grinding past all the encounters on the world map to beat the Ape Princess.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. My Sharpe was ~65 when I took on the final boss.
GET CARRIED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cthulhu Saves the World