Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jade Empire: Special Edition

Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
hedop

Game lags heavily and Configtool won't start up

Hi community,

Like I stated above, I hope someone can help me. My System specs are:

HP DV 7-6021EG with a 2 GHz i7-2630QM and 6 GB RAM as well as 1 TB Harddrive and a AMD Radeon HD 6700M running with Windows 7 64 Bit. As far as I know this should be more than sufficient to run the game. Now I've tried most of the tricks:

- creating a blank SystemInformation.xml
- rebooting my laptop
- lowering settings
- running in compatibiity mode (Win XP SP 2 and 3)
- running in adming mode
- running in compatibility and admin mode

I would really appreciate some help. The game lags heavily from the start and I can not start up the configuration tool to actually try and see whether different setting would improve the performance as certain things can not be changed in the ingame video menu. Although it shoudl be noted that the JadeEmpireconfig.exe actually starts up (you can view it by using the taskmanager) but never actually is usable and has to be aborted via the taskmanager. I don't mind not using the config tool but it would at least be nice to be able to play the game lag-free so I would really appreciate any advise people can give me!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
TopUSGun

You are using a mobile GPU, even the latest mobile GPU's will struggle on 5 year old games.
You will either need a really expensive gaming laptop or a desktop with a discrete video card.

Basically integrated graphics are not good for gaming.

Last edited by TopUSGun: 08-21-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
hedop

Are you kidding me mate? You are seriousl trying to tell me that my mobile GPU can't cope with a 5 year old game because laptops are for gaming yet I can play the Witcher 2, PES 2011, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Saints Row 2, GTA IV, MLB 2k11, Shogun II Total War and Anno 1404 on highest details and highest setting without my machine even getting warm?

Come on... I'm not trying to disrespect you but telling someone simply that integrated graphics are not good for gaming is rubbish. First of all they are only not as good because they are not supported and secondly unless you can come up with a reason why a game that would run on my 7 year old laptop without a problem before I sold it won't run on a modern laptop I will have to say that it's the same uninformed bs you get on all the forums from people who have no clue.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jade Empire: Special Edition