Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EVE Online

Old 08-16-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
b00tsy

Raven rules

Gotta say that I love my new Raven BS more and more. Even with mostly T1 fitting it can take on 50 frigates and cruisers with ease
Atm I don't even see the point to buy an other BS anymore, Raven is all you need. Although would not mind to have the Navy issue version of course.

Check my last lvl2 mission (45 minutes).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ0Hs3xGk6Q
Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Leader Bee

wow you took 45 minutes to run a level 2? I can do a level 4 in that time.
Raven sucks for level 2's as it's mostly frigates and cruise missiles hit them for .

You shoudl ideally be running level 2's in a cruiser and guessing you're caldari a caracal would be best.

and unfortunately you have a seriously flawed fit. Masers, heavy AND cruise missiles? please dont mix weapons systems and ranges. Heavy drones wont really handle anything other than battleships well either because they're slow and their trackign is poor, frigates will easily outrun them and speed tank their damage.

High slots:
3x Heavy Missile
3x Cruise missile
2x Mega masers (kicks but)

Med slots:
Large shield booster
Tracking computer
X5-prototype engine enervator
100Mn microwarpdrive
Large subordinate screen stabilizer II
Capbooster 800

Lowslots:
4x Power diagnostic system
Damage control II

Rig:
Large Anti-kinetic,thermal and explosion screen reinforcer I

Drones:
3x Wasp heavy attack drone

I don't even know what I can say about using cap boosters in a mission fit...

Last edited by Leader Bee: 08-16-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Leader Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
b00tsy

Well I usually take a Maller or a Drake for lvl2 missions, but the Raven is fun too. I really don't care how long a mission takes, for me it's about the 'pew pew' against npc's, not to rush through missions as fast as possible.

As for the fitting the masers were a bit over the top I agree, but they are really nasty against slow cruisers, battleships and static defenses + the range can be combined with heavy missiles. For lvl2 I never have all missiles grouped as one simply because the last hit usually only needs a couple of missiles to finish the ship off. There is also not enough cpu to fit 6 cruise missiles, I would have to go with heavy lasers then or 6 normal heavy launchers.

And whats the problem with capboosters? Works fine for me, I can hold out for hours (figurly speeking) with a cargobay filled with boosters.

If you read the description and by the looks of the copy/paste you did, I use this fitting because I am lazy and dont want to refit with every mission. This setup can take care of any lvl2 and 3 mission, the raven doesnt even get scratched :>
b00tsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Leader Bee

with a proper raven fit you still dont need to refi for every mission AND you'll do more damage AND you'll do them faster AND you wont have to worry about your tank.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
b00tsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader Bee View Post
with a proper raven fit you still dont need to refi for every mission AND you'll do more damage AND you'll do them faster AND you wont have to worry about your tank.
Well if you have suggestions then I am happy to hear them, may be useful for other players too. The problem with missions is that one mission you need to take out a spam of frigates and an other mission you are up against battleships or you have to take out a transport convoy. Thats why I have my offense mixed. The setup I used works great for one mission, much less for others. With the mission I recorded the Masers were not very effective with the first 2 npc waves, but other missions they do as much damage as 6x heavy missiles, hence why I use them lol.

Last edited by b00tsy: 08-16-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Leader Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00tsy View Post
Well if you have suggestions then I am happy to hear them, may be useful for other players too. The problem with missions is that one mission you need to take out a spam of frigates and an other mission you are up against battleships or you have to take out a transport convoy. Thats why I have my offense mixed. The setup I used works great for one mission, much less for others. With the mission I recorded the Masers were not very effective with the first 2 npc waves, but other missions they do as much damage as 6x heavy missiles, hence why I use them lol.
If you can, upgrade to the best named curise launchers, either 'Arbalest' or 'malkuth' i'm not sure which but as you said you're having cpu issues and these will allow you to fit more launchers as the CPU usage is much lower.

Secondly, you don't need a microwarp drive with a raven, it has long enough range as it is so you won't be moving much; Switch it for a shield boost amplifier.

Thirdly - you have no resists, get rid of the cap boosters and the stasis webifer and switch them for some kind of hardner, you'll be suprised at how much tank they add without actually recovering HP, this means you'll be boosting less and saving your capacitor for when you need it.

As you wont be using railguns or lasers either you can get rid of the tracking computer, missiles have perfect tracking already so swap this out for more resists or if you're really desperate for capacitor, which you shouldn't be as missiles don't use it, keep your boosters.

I understand to want to tank more than do dps so the rigs are fine but when you are ready you will probably want to swap these out for either bay loading accelerators or warhead calefaction rigs; One increases your rate of fire, the second increases missile damage.

Last edited by Leader Bee: 08-16-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar
Old 08-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
b00tsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader Bee View Post
If you can, upgrade to the best named curise launchers, either 'Arbalest' or 'malkuth' i'm not sure which but as you said you're having cpu issues and these will allow you to fit more launchers as the CPU usage is much lower.

Secondly, you don't need a microwarp drive with a raven, it has long enough range as it is so you won't be moving much; Switch it for a shield boost amplifier.

Thirdly - you have no resists, get rid of the cap boosters and the stasis webifer and switch them for some kind of hardner, you'll be suprised at how much tank they add without actually recovering HP, this means you'll be boosting less and saving your capacitor for when you need it.

As you wont be using railguns or lasers either you can get rid of the tracking computer, missiles have perfect tracking already so swap this out for more resists or if you're really desperate for capacitor, which you shouldn't be as missiles don't use it, keep your boosters.

I understand to want to tank more than do dps so the rigs are fine but when you are ready you will probably want to swap these out for either bay loading accelerators or warhead calefaction rigs; One increases your rate of fire, the second increases missile damage.
Not to be stubard, but I disagree on some points

I am already using the malkuth cruise launchers, it's the mega masers that are ment for capital ships hence why they drain the cpu. I am happy to drain my cpu to do 200% damage against large ships and structures instead of 100% with 6 missiles. The mission I recorded was a bad example, but seriously the masers are deathly at proper range and against bigger targets.

The warpdrive is indeed not needed, but comes in handy at times. There are missions where you warp right in the middle of a npc fleet. It is always nice to get some distance fast when needed. also against drone spam it can be handy to outrun them. I also use the warpdrive always after the mission to pic up cargo from wrecks. It takes ages to do that without a 100Mn warpdrive.

I have plenty of resistance, I am only weak against EM. Explosion is like 80% resistance and the rest has around 70%. I sometimes use multiple shield HP boosters instead of using capboosters, but it is not needed for lvl2. My shield had 14k hp alone in this mission (can get it up to 20k) + the high resistance it is domination all the way.

I do agree about the rig, I need to do more skill training to imrove that, with the current skiils its the best I could do. It does give me the damage resistance you were talking about
Old 08-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #8
Leader Bee

Heres my run of the blockade in my nighthawk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvl_tmH1Gpk

Highs:
- 6x Heavy Missile Launcher II; Scourge fury heavy missiles
- 1x drone link ugmentor

Meds:
- 1x Invulnerability Field II
- 1x Photon Scattering Field II
- 2x Large Shield Extender II
- 1x Heat Dissipation Amplifier II

Lows:
- 2x Caldari Navy Ballistics Control Unit
- 3x Shield Power Relay

Rigs:
- 2x Core defence field purger II

Drones:
- 5x Hobgoblin II

Passive recharge of 121 hp/second andthe following resists: 76/91/81/74

By the way, i'm in Kor-Azor Prime now and you dont want to talk to me

:: sadface ::

Last edited by Leader Bee: 08-16-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
HighPopalorum

@OP: Your fit is crap. Listen to the other posters.

@Leader Bee: I didn't watch it all, but that's an insanely good clearance time for Blockade. I use a Golem and a Domi/Abbadon/Paladin team and my times are over 20 minutes.

EDIT: D'oh! It isn't the L4 version I see now.
HighPopalorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 AM   #10
T@T-2-MoNk3y

i miss my old CNR...

but dual boxing nighthawks went so much faster...
T@T-2-MoNk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:41 AM   #11
Lonegnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by b00tsy View Post
If you read the description and by the looks of the copy/paste you did, I use this fitting because I am lazy and dont want to refit with every mission. This setup can take care of any lvl2 and 3 mission, the raven doesnt even get scratched :>
A passive omni tanked Drake will laugh in the face of L2/L3 missions using heavy missiles without ever needing to refit (possible exception: you blow all the triggers early and need to switch in specific hardeners).

You mention needing a mixed offense because of different situations, but a Drake loaded with heavy missiles will take on any situation just the same with more effective DPS than your Raven.
Lonegnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #12
Leader Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPopalorum View Post
@OP: Your fit is crap. Listen to the other posters.

@Leader Bee: I didn't watch it all, but that's an insanely good clearance time for Blockade. I use a Golem and a Domi/Abbadon/Paladin team and my times are over 20 minutes.

EDIT: D'oh! It isn't the L4 version I see now.

Yeah I'm not a massive mission runner usually, I dabble in in now and then so I doubt i'll do a video of a level 4, it was just to make a point.

I've recently been fitting a webber loki for incurions as they're more Isk/hour than missions but i like to pvp now and again too, i'm not really feeling EVE too much at the moment and so my interest in any area of EVE is at a lull currently.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
Boe-Os

Raven level 4 fit - DPS tank
Rigs
3x Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

High Slot
6 x Cruise Missile Launcher II (use T2 Missile for Battle cruiser + then faction or T1 missions on Cruisers and below)
1 x Tractor beam or Drone link augmenter optional depending on your fitting / needs

Mid Slots
1 x Target painter "Phased Weapon Navigation Array"
1 x X-Large Shield Booster II
1 x Heavy Cap Booster II
1 x mission specific hardener II
1 x mission specific hardener II
1 x mision specific hardener II
(E.g Gurista mission 2x Ballistic Hardners 1x Thermal)

Low slots
4x Ballistic Control Systems II

(then 1x Optional item listed below depending on fittings preference)
1x Co-Processor II if you cant fit above fittings
1x Power Diagnostic system II
1x Signal Amplifier II to allow for further range, targeting speed and more locked targets.
Or 1 x Gravimetric backup array for abit more Sensor Strength against Guristas

Drone Bay
5 x Hobgoblin II (use on Frigs)
3 x Garde II (better than 5 mediums or 3 heavies too slow)
Always use Gallente drones for Missions they do more damage due to damage modifiers regardless of the damage type.

Kills things before they kill you, Pulse the shield when you need, when low on energy use a Cap Booster 800.
If you worry about getting use to this style of play, swap the Target Painter out for a shield boost amplifier.
Boe-Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:39 AM   #14
Leader Bee

He said he wasn't interested in swapping for mission specific damage, he's looking for an omni tank.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #15
pureobscure

The Raven is great for missions, PVE and structure bashing.

For PVP, however, it is unfortunately a terrible ship.
pureobscure is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EVE Online