Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 08-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
pamul22

How to "Premium Account" in Team Fortress 2? [No Credit Card]

Guys, can someone help me out..

A friend of mine has tried Team Fortress 2, and somehow got really addicted to it.. He already gots lot of items, but sadly, is forced to throw some good stuff away since his backpack has only 1 page [free account user of TF2]..

i heard that when you buy some premium items in the TF2 store, via credit card, your free TF2 game will be considered as a purchased game in your Steam Account, giving you all the benefits a premium user will have..

but sadly, my friend doesn't have a credit card, but gets some of his games in steam through gifting and just pays me personally..

is there a possible way to get a premium account in TF2 other that buying items in TF2 store by yourself? is it possible that some1 gifts you a premium item in TF2 so that your account will be premium?..

tnx in advance..
Old 08-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Abarca15

If you two are good friends and trust each other, ask him for his password ask him for 5 or 10 dollars so you cand add the money to his steam wallet and then he just buy the items he wish to purchase and that stuff, i do this with my cousin as he is the only with credit card, give him my password, the money and the url to the game i wish to buy, he just log in and purchase the game and thats how i got my stuff via steam.
Abarca15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Nekomancer

He has to charge his Steam Wallet, which can be done with every accepted payment method:
What forms of payment are accepted on Steam? (Link)
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
pamul22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarca15 View Post
If you two are good friends and trust each other, ask him for his password ask him for 5 or 10 dollars so you cand add the money to his steam wallet and then he just buy the items he wish to purchase and that stuff, i do this with my cousin as he is the only with credit card, give him my password, the money and the url to the game i wish to buy, he just log in and purchase the game and thats how i got my stuff via steam.
yea..good idea.. tnx for the quick answer.. haha

i guess that works fine :P
pamul22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Frost S

Quote:
That's a pretty decent idea. But VALVe should also add a small function that makes it possible, I mean what if you don't know the person IRL? That can be a problem.
Frost S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
Abarca15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost S View Post
That's a pretty decent idea. But VALVe should also add a small function that makes it possible, I mean what if you don't know the person IRL? That can be a problem.
Yeah that would be great! and valve should let you charge your steam wallet via sms or something more accesible for minors or people without a credit card.
Abarca15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Frost S

Quote:
Yeah that would be great! and valve should let you charge your steam wallet via sms or something more accesible for minors or people without a credit card.
Pre-paid visa's you can buy at the store are VERY good for minors probably the best soulution for online shopping when your under 18.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #8
ozgeek

Yeah he can just go and and a prepaid or reloadable VISA/Mastercard card. I have a VISA reloadable card. This works perfect on Steam. Bought thousands of dollar worth of Steam games over 4 years this way.

(I'm 29 so no matter how old you are, you can have the VISA card any age).
ozgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #9
Frost S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post
Yeah he can just go and and a prepaid or reloadable VISA/Mastercard card. I have a VISA reloadable card. This works perfect on Steam. Bought thousands of dollar worth of Steam games over 4 years this way.

(I'm 29 so no matter how old you are, you can have the VISA card any age).
As long as you can deposit the money into the visa via ATM/Bank
Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
pamul22

Quote:
haha, if only that were possible.. lol..

let's say steam will release game cards like the ones used in MMO's, to charge up your steam wallet..easy and fast.. you don't need credit card no more.. :P [just scratch the number and input the code into your steam account, then done..you have some cash in your wallet..]
pamul22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
imadous

lol, that dream come true now ..
imadous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 AM   #12
NapalmHawk

Exclamation

The most easiest way to get TF2 premium for free

http://adf.ly/2151526/freepremiumtf2

Just follow the instruction and you should get premium for free in couple of days.
NapalmHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips