Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Linux)

Old 12-14-2004, 09:52 AM   #1
MaydaX

HL2MP mapcycle not working

I have this as my mapcycle

Quote:
dm_lockdown
dm_bounce_b2
dm_docks
dm_overwatch
dm_docks
dm_bounce_b2
It cycles between the 2nd and 3rd map on the list. . Any ideas what's causing this?

Update:
Just tried a fresh install and have a mapcycle of:

Quote:
dm_lockdown
dm_overwatch
dm_overwatch
dm_lockdown
It still cycle between the 2nd and 3rd map on the list. I made a Windows server and the problem doesn't seem to exsist there. Guess another problem in a growing list for us Linux server users.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:35 PM   #2
snewo

I don't have any particular reason for suspecting this, but I think it might be the dupes that is messing it up. Try a mapcycle where each map is only listed once.

Snewo
Old 12-14-2004, 04:27 PM   #3
MaydaX

I wanted to include custom maps more then the stock. It workd fine on my CSS server (Both Linux and Windows) Just the Linux version of HL2DM doesn't seem to work. I'm gonna add more custom maps and include them only once and see what happens.
MaydaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 05:06 PM   #4
MaydaX

I tried

Quote:
dm_bounce_b2
dm_lockdown
dm_docks
dm_overwatch
dm_overcast
Now it only loads dm_overcast and nothing else. logs show no map load errors of any kind.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:25 PM   #5
tubesock

What is your command line and what is the name of your mapcycle file?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:13 PM   #6
MaydaX

Quote:
./srcds_run -game hl2mp -port 27016 +ip 67.19.94.202 +maxplayers 16 +map dm_lockdown &
My mapcycle name is mapcycle.txt
Old 12-15-2004, 07:27 AM   #7
snewo

mapcycle is in the srcds_l/hl2mp directory not the srcds_l/hl2mp/cfg directory right?

Snewo
Old 12-15-2004, 08:35 AM   #8
MaydaX

It's in the default spot, in the hl2mp folder.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:14 PM   #9
ddrgn

this is lame

this and the rcon problem are effecting me

wish i knew all this [font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font] before i paid for a dedi, thank god its only paid for a month

valve if your just plain stupid then ofcourse you wont fix this right away
but if.... well [font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font] its mostly likely your stupid ;}

i remember the good ole dedicated server days the years we played without steam, those were the days boys, when it was cheap and easy :}
Old 12-15-2004, 09:26 PM   #10
snewo

If you're having the rcon problem then saunter over to http://www.sourcemod.net and go to the forums. Use SAP till things are sorted out....DING - solved. Works fine for me.

As for calling Valve stupid, well....I fail to see how that helps you. That and there is a possibility that you are the cause. I'm sure you'll post in here if you find out that is the case though ......yup, I'm sure of it......yup.

OK, back to problem solving, try this:

1) Launch a CS: Source game and verify that the mapcycle works for you there. You MUST log into the server to see the mapcycle. Don't just watch from the console. Come to think of it, you DID verify it doesn't work from WITHIN the server right?

2) Post your OS version so that we can try to find someone who has it working for the same distro. I'm RedHat 9.0 - nice to meet ya.

Snewo

P.S. I remember the good old pre-steam days of running a dedi-server on Linux but I apparently don't see how this is any more complex.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:58 PM   #11
MaydaX

I run a dedicated server which runs RHEL 3.0, Kernel 2.6.9. I checked the files serverside and they all seam fine. My two CS:S servers (which are on the same box) work fine.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:11 AM   #12
ddrgn

snewo is my champion!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 07:45 AM   #13
snewo

ddrgn: Does that mean SAP fixed your issue? I hope it does.

Maydax: I have more questions for you, but not wonderful solutions. Just more troubleshooting:

You have 2 installations of CS:S on the same server, I assume one of these is what you're attempting to launch in HL2MP mode. (Or maybe you have a third you're trying to bring up.)

Do you get the same behavior when you launch each of these CS:S servers in HL2MP mode?

What is your server launch command line?

How did you check the files? With the -verify_all switch?

Is anyone else having this? Post some info here if you are.

Snewo
Old 12-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #14
[efs]ChAoS

Map Cycle rotating

add this to your command line +mapcyclefile mapcycle.txt
Old 12-16-2004, 03:41 PM   #15
ddrgn

i run a custom map hl2dm server

just bought it, and already my server admin thinks im some dumb [font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font][font=wingdings]û[/font] thats never admined a server before

anyways, i can run the mapcycle no problem with 2 maps, but when i add a third map and it gets to that map in the rotation, it drops everyone on the server and starts to run dm_lockdown

its at this point i cant use rcon anymore i get the unable to connect to host error

these 2 problems if not fixed by the end of the month will mean my termination of the server service

im up to suggestions, but i tell you things shouldnt be this hard, us server admins are the true backbone of the communties, if we are ignored who do they listen to?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Linux)