Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Pirates and Zombies

Old 08-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
Colorfuljosh

What a kind generous developer!

Found this on reddit
think everyone should see it

http://i.imgur.com/lKhnA.png

people should support these guys !

Last edited by Colorfuljosh: 08-18-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
Dukemoose

Oh wow.
I like Steam Indie games.
Dukemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Ardbug

That is definitely not something you see every day
Ardbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 AM   #4
Colorfuljosh

I dont have the game yet myself but will be purchasing it asap, we should be supporting devs like this not activision or EA etc these people actualy deserve your money
Colorfuljosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #5
Kador01

Banned
It was cool of them to give it away and they are being repaid with plenty of reddit exposure, but that grovelling letter the poster sent is a bit disgusting

I paid for the game during beta and luckily didnt have to beg for it
Kador01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
prismra

Asking for a sale right when the game is coming out is pretty lame. I'm sure these guys could use every $15 sale they can get right now.
prismra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
Void(null)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismra View Post
Asking for a sale right when the game is coming out is pretty lame. I'm sure these guys could use every $15 sale they can get right now.
Have you seen the world economy? When you have to make the choice between gas for work or a $15 video game, gas wins. Games are a luxery. One that not everyone can afford right now so its especially nice of the developers because likewise... they need to afford bread, milk and gas as well.
Void(null) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #8
Zipster123

Speaking of nice developers, I just e-mailed them last night and they responded in less than 24 hours. I bought my game on GMG after the final push for the keys to be imported to steam, and look what they did for me in return.

Quote:
Hi Nick,

We won’t be able to push anymore keys to Steam from GMG, but we will send you a Steam key as a customer service. We are glad that you enjoy SPAZ

Have fun,

Andrew Hume
MinMax Games Ltd.

Last edited by Zipster123: 08-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Zipster123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:30 AM   #9
Colorfuljosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipster123 View Post
Speaking of nice developers, I just e-mailed them last night and they responded in less than 24 hours. I bought my game on GMG after the final push for the keys to be imported to steam, and look what they did for me in return.
It gives me hope for the future of gaming to be honest. One day this company may be large and they will look back on their humble roots and NOT be complete s and try to nickel and dime customers.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:05 AM   #10
richos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void(null) View Post
Have you seen the world economy? When you have to make the choice between gas for work or a $15 video game, gas wins. Games are a luxery. One that not everyone can afford right now so its especially nice of the developers because likewise... they need to afford bread, milk and gas as well.
You know... if you dont have money in the pocket, it would be a good idea to stop playing games for a while.

Its a little lame to be honest, just wait for the sale, nobody is gonna die for not playing a game on release.
richos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:11 AM   #11
Kador01

Banned
That letter was nothing but a sob story plea for free games thinly veiled as a question about sales.

Who emails devs directly for something that trivial? If yu are curious about sales you post on a forum that the decvs frequent, you dont email them with some long sob story.

Tho at least the beggar did something decent and got them some exposure on reddit, but you know he did it mainly for karma for himself
Old 08-19-2011, 05:40 AM   #12
Colorfuljosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kador01 View Post
That letter was nothing but a sob story plea for free games thinly veiled as a question about sales.

Who emails devs directly for something that trivial? If yu are curious about sales you post on a forum that the decvs frequent, you dont email them with some long sob story.

Tho at least the beggar did something decent and got them some exposure on reddit, but you know he did it mainly for karma for himself
ohh well it's all just virtual data I'm sure it cost next to nothing for the dev to give him the game yet they made a ton more sales from the exposure like you said. It is just refreshing to see a more human relationship between consumer and video game devs instead of " were sorry you are experiencing this but we cannot help you " brush off , yknow its not like we the customers made EA or Activision the multi million dollar companies they are today or anything.. please dont give anything back to us .
Old 08-19-2011, 05:54 AM   #13
Kador01

Banned
You are right and I give the devs all the credit for responding in a positive and generous manner.

MinMax is great for keeping in communication with their customers throughout the beta and now after release they are a regular preasence on their forums and here.

I imagine they get freebies but even if they still have to pay Steams cut that was a $4.50 well spent

Last edited by Kador01: 08-19-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #14
lyravega

Unfortunately, companies work differently.

For publishers, all that matters is money. And if you're developer working under a publisher, they make the calls, not you, the developers. And all this and more results in terms such as "consolized" or "dumbed-down", etc... I can go all day about this.

For years now, I've been following nearly every indie game that I hear about closely, and even if I don't play, buying them to help those developers out. And the indie sector is developing more and more each day, seeing what they've been doing all this time, I'm getting more and more impressed.
lyravega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #15
Colorfuljosh

I agree and I know that the big developers are basically being told to make the cod clones by the publishers because that's what every person on the planet wants to play but the developers aren't forced to make these games, they are if they want to make the huge dollars though. In a way I can understand but sometimes it just feels like my favourite developers growing up have sold out (ubisoft, bioware etc) and it's not like they are starving artists, they just want to make millions upon millions of dollars. Thank god for indie games I guess

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Pirates and Zombies