Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Vatteck
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 4
Unhappy Dawn of War Not Starting

I bought the platinum edition during the sale yesterday, and the game refuses to run. Steam keeps saying its launching it, then that window closes, and keeps coming up every few seconds. I verified everything, things are fine.
I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
Vatteck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Azeur
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 19
I've had the same issue with some other games. My solution was to go to the specific folder the .exe was in, and run it from there.

So it would be:

steam -> steamapps -> common -> dawnofwhatever -> nameofgame.exe
Azeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Vatteck
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeur View Post
I've had the same issue with some other games. My solution was to go to the specific folder the .exe was in, and run it from there.

So it would be:

steam -> steamapps -> common -> dawnofwhatever -> nameofgame.exe
Thank you for trying to help, but sadly the issue remained.
Vatteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
quakegod467
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 18
I'm dealing with the same thing, but what worked for me (with limited success, ie: if you try running it a few times it works) is setting the W40k.exe to Run as Administrator and compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 2). I still haven't gotten Winter Assault to run, but maybe you'll have better luck than I have.
quakegod467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Vatteck
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 4
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakegod467 View Post
I'm dealing with the same thing, but what worked for me (with limited success, ie: if you try running it a few times it works) is setting the W40k.exe to Run as Administrator and compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 2). I still haven't gotten Winter Assault to run, but maybe you'll have better luck than I have.
Still no luck at all..
Vatteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
El_Sweez
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
When I tried setting it to service pack 2 compatibility mode, it just asks me to run as administator over and over again.
El_Sweez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
Vatteck
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 4
Same for me.
Vatteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:24 AM   #8
target_com
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 35
same here still no fix?



Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Sweez View Post
When I tried setting it to service pack 2 compatibility mode, it just asks me to run as administator over and over again.
try without admin but check other compatibility options ( not 256 colors or 640 x 480 )
this worked for me but still no WA fix


Fixed it reinstalled WA then set without admin but with same compatibility as above and it works fine now

Last edited by target_com: 09-15-2011 at 08:05 AM.
target_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
oliparaskos
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 11
launching testapp1.exe worked for me
(in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dawn of War Gold)
oliparaskos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.