Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
magmus
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 297
Exclamation TFC still going strong

I live in the UK, and at late night i see many servers that are filled with players and not bots!

This is too my surprise and i only hope there is going to be more players.

Even though there is TF2 which is now F2P, TFC has it's many differences that change gameplay heavily from TF2.

A good idea is to make a Source remake of the game.
magmus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
L.o.D.
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Reputation: 1647
Posts: 22,671
Fortress Forever is a TFC remake on Source.
L.o.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Chuck Bronson
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Reputation: 3
Posts: 30
TFC is still a living game. You are right. The only way the game can die is if people simply give up and stop playing. I quit playing TFC from April until earlier this month because I lost patience with some of the TFC community ("I WANT THIS! I WANT THAT ON THE SERVER!" then they never show up again...) Know what brought me back to TFC? Not just 10 years of memories but the gameplay is timeless...the rush you get from playing a good game of Dustbowl or Hunted. You throw that EMP and hope it detonates a split second before the attackers can run the flag to the final cap point...

Nothing beats a good 5v5 game. Not a huge spamfest and more intimate and personal. Enough with posting this - I'm hitting some TFC.
Chuck Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
magmus
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bronson View Post
TFC is still a living game. You are right. The only way the game can die is if people simply give up and stop playing. I quit playing TFC from April until earlier this month because I lost patience with some of the TFC community ("I WANT THIS! I WANT THAT ON THE SERVER!" then they never show up again...) Know what brought me back to TFC? Not just 10 years of memories but the gameplay is timeless...the rush you get from playing a good game of Dustbowl or Hunted. You throw that EMP and hope it detonates a split second before the attackers can run the flag to the final cap point...

Nothing beats a good 5v5 game. Not a huge spamfest and more intimate and personal. Enough with posting this - I'm hitting some TFC.
Very true indeed.
magmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
magmus
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 14
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.o.D. View Post
Fortress Forever is a TFC remake on Source.
I played that and it sucks balls, and is nothing like TFC.
magmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #6
Albatross~
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 60
no doubt, team fortress classic is the best game for me ...
Albatross~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:49 AM   #7
sabbey
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 5
Posts: 81
I might have to give this a try soon, already have TF2 installed but this is in my list of Steam games and have never played it before. Sounds interesting at least!
sabbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
DualJay
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 262
Posts: 1,997
Hoping to get the Half Life Anthology pack soon
Does anyone else think it should be free to TF2 premium users?
DualJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
Lister of Smeg
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 37
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualJay View Post
Hoping to get the Half Life Anthology pack soon
Does anyone else think it should be free to TF2 premium users?
I can't believe you now have to pay for TFC, it was a free MOD back in the day!
Lister of Smeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
SnowCanary
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 202
Posts: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualJay View Post
Hoping to get the Half Life Anthology pack soon
Does anyone else think it should be free to TF2 premium users?
I traded a TF2 Hat for TFC.
SnowCanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #11
L.o.D.
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Reputation: 1647
Posts: 22,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lister of Smeg View Post
I can't believe you now have to pay for TFC, it was a free MOD back in the day!
That was back when TFC needed Half Life 1 installed to play. Now it's a whole game on it's own.
L.o.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
PMY
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 3
Posts: 70
TFC now costs some mere 5 USD (and even less if purchased as a part of Half-Life 1 Anthology pack). Not a big price for such a great game, IMO. On the other hand, making this game F2P could have boosted its popularity just because of being placed in the relatively short F2P games list on Steam.

Last edited by PMY: 10-24-2011 at 03:46 PM.
PMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #13
alexUW
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Reputation: 621
Posts: 2,668
I switched to TF2 when it went F2P. Before that I didn't play TFC for 3 years Originally played TFC from 1999 to 2004.

Come on over to TF2. Pretty cool game once you get the hang of it; not to mention it's FREE.
alexUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #14
iliketurtles!
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 268
Posts: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuw View Post
I switched to TF2 when it went F2P. Before that I didn't play TFC for 3 years Originally played TFC from 1999 to 2004.

Come on over to TF2. Pretty cool game once you get the hang of it; not to mention it's FREE.
TF2 and TFC are entirely different games imo, the only thing that you could possibly relate the two with is that they both have 9 classes. TFC's playstyle was sortof evolutionary, there was more strategy, and more ways to bend a class more than custom loadouts ever could. No trading in TFC as well, sorry, Mannconomy ruined TF2 for me. Wish there were some servers that banned custom weapons and cosmetics.
iliketurtles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #15
snsdmonkey
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 5
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles! View Post
TF2 and TFC are entirely different games imo, the only thing that you could possibly relate the two with is that they both have 9 classes. TFC's playstyle was sortof evolutionary, there was more strategy, and more ways to bend a class more than custom loadouts ever could. No trading in TFC as well, sorry, Mannconomy ruined TF2 for me. Wish there were some servers that banned custom weapons and cosmetics.
There a few servers that only allow the original loadouts...
snsdmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.