Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Nipah

Quest breaking bug for Cloak and Dagger

Hey, I'm trying to complete the quest Cloak and Dagger and for some reason its stuck on "Take out all MCB opposition" I've taken out everyone, but the blue quest marker says I need to go above the top floor, like in the sky. Also, it directs me to the apartment where they are but when I get close the marker's position changes to where the police woman is, but when I get close to her it switches back tot he apartment.

The blue marker is not appearing in my menu map.

Also, I wasn't able to find the gangster inside the kitchen when I went in to kill all of them, so apparently he grew wings and decided to fly in the sky and leave my quest in perpetual limbo.

EDIT: I WAS ABLE TO GET HIM TO SPAWN CORRECTLY BY ENTERING AND EXITING ALL LOADING SCREEN BUILDINGS (It may have just been a coincidence but the fact is that you just need to re-load Detroit's streets and eventually he'll spawn correctly)

Last edited by Nipah: 08-24-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
GrimCW

did you take down the people in the apartment AND the extra room?
you need to get the leader thats behind the locked door (he normally comes out if you attack one of his goons)

best fix is to find a previous save if you have one, tis why quick saves are a great idea just before doing anything risky such as starting a fight.
GrimCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Sverd

You also need to keep him alive.
Sverd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Lashus

There doesn't seem to be a way to finish the quest yet. There is a guy stuck in the ceiling.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
Nipah

I read somewhere that its the guy in the kitchen that bugs out, and that some people fixed it by reloading quicksaves and entering-exiting buildings.

I'm trying that now.

Does anyone know of a cheat or developer's command to allow no-clip or the wall-penetrating lazer gun?
Nipah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
Nipah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipah View Post
Hey, I'm trying to complete the quest Cloak and Dagger and for some reason its stuck on "Take out all gangster opposition" I've taken out everyone, but the blue quest marker says I need to go above the top floor, like in the sky. Also, it directs me to the apartment where they are but when I get close the marker's position changes to where the police woman is, but when I get close to her it switches back tot he apartment.

The blue marker is not appearing in my menu map.

Also, I wasn't able to find the gangster in the kitchen when I went in to kill all of them, so apparently he grew wings and decided to fly in the sky and leave my quest in perpetual limbo.

Anyone know a way to fix this?
EDIT: I WAS ABLE TO GET HIM TO SPAWN CORRECTLY BY ENTERING AND EXITING ALL LOADING SCREEN BUILDINGS (It may have just been a coincidence but the fact is that you just need to re-load Detroit's streets and eventually he'll spawn correctly)
Nipah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
SoleControl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipah View Post
I read somewhere that its the guy in the kitchen that bugs out, and that some people fixed it by reloading quicksaves and entering-exiting buildings.

I'm trying that now.

Does anyone know of a cheat or developer's command to allow no-clip or the wall-penetrating lazer gun?
Yep, that is exactly what happened to me. I actually had given up on the quest earlier and went forward with main storyline and finished the first boss fight but when I returned I noticed the quest was still in my log, so I tried it out again. At first nothing when I entered the building but I reloaded my quicksave before entering the building and when I walked in the room again, the guy in the kitchen was there.

So yeah - guy in the kitchen was the bugged part of that quest for me. Entering the building/reloading saves will likely fix it.
Not sure how many times you'll have to try though.
SoleControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #8
GrimCW

ditto on the kitchen guy, he eventually spawned ( i could hear him yelling at me) so i ran around looking and hacked the comp terminal in the one room, came back out and he was there.

oh and you don't HAVE to keep double T alive, TMK thats one of those choices
GrimCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
Cake21

I found another bug with this quest, but it doesn't break it. I already searched o'malley's apartment prior to starting the quest and when i went back to search his apartment for evidence, i found the drugs but was not able to open the briefcase on the bed. I've come back to it after finished a different quest but although the briefcase is highlighted now, i try to open it and nothing happens. It clicks, the highlight disappears but the briefcase remains closed. If i exit the apartment and go back inside, the briefcase is highlighted once more, but again nothing happens if i try to open it.
Cake21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series