Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Old 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
OpEnSuS

No Server on CS:S steam

Ok, my apology if this issue is be resolved, please direct me to it if it is... So I bought CS source yesterday, and when i load it, there's no server under internet... I don't know if I'm suppose to do something to get the server to play on and I'm using Steam to play it...
thanks

Old 08-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
viris

Banned
Sorry, cs:s has been discontinued in favor of the new hybrid FPS/Hat simulator from VALVe called Team Fortress 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/) but the good news is TF2 is free!

Have a nice day.
viris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
maxtorthelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpEnSuS View Post
Ok, my apology if this issue is be resolved, please direct me to it if it is... So I bought CS source yesterday, and when i load it, there's no server under internet... I don't know if I'm suppose to do something to get the server to play on and I'm using Steam to play it...
thanks
Are you using a router? Here's a list of required ports for Steam https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8571-GLVN-8711

Also, check your firewall so it's not blocking HL2.exe. I think that's the name of CS:S's executable.
maxtorthelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
OpEnSuS

No Server on CS:S steam

Router is fine, and enable firewall exception too. But still not working. Do i need to install master server or something?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #5
ICantShoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpEnSuS View Post
Router is fine, and enable firewall exception too. But still not working. Do i need to install master server or something?
No. How long do you wait for server list to list servers? Give it a minute. Master servers have been slowish due to TF2 being free these days.

Might also be that you have old "cache" and CSS can't overwrite it. Usually it does that if you wait couple of mins but if not, run CSS with -autoconfig option, start the game, shut the game down, remove the option and start the game again.
ICantShoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
arisaka

Deleting ClientRegistry.blob in your \Program Files (x86)\Steam folder and restarting Steam might be able to fix this problem.
arisaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
kakkerlak

Banned
Quote:
I'm using Steam to play it...
sounds like maybe you were playing "another" version of CSS before you bought it.
maybe that broke somethings?
kakkerlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:48 AM   #8
CTRL ALT DEL !

Verify the game cache and try deleteing the game folder under your username and let steam rebuild the game.
CTRL ALT DEL ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
Satoru

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6253-IOAB-2296

I these parts in particular will address your issue

Quote:
Serverbrowser Problems

If you only have a problem with servers listing or staying listed or in history (but can play otherwise (client problem), you should be able to solve the problem by closing Steam, deleting masterservers.vdf and serverbrowser.vdf in the Config directory, and re-launching Steam.
Try the masterservers.vdf files from this article as well

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1452-HCVB-6984

Note this is more of a CS:S issue and should really be moved to the appropriate sub-forum.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion