Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 08-25-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
Egger3rd

Deus Ex: Human Revolution freezing on loading screens

I'm getting the issue where loading any save causes my game to freeze or crash. I sometimes get an error message stating:
A fatal error has occured while Playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Please refer to the ReadMe file for information which might help you solve this problem, or contact Square Enix customer support.

Then when I click "Show Extended Information" it says:
Wrong DRM version data 67b877b, code 15
rebuild of pc-w\imf\imf_architecture\imf_interior\imf_detroit\im f_sarif_industries\imf_signs\decal_lab2b_a\decal_l ab2b_a.drm needed

If anyone has advice on what to do to fix this, please reply.

EDIT: I found out what was causing the freezes/crashes I was getting. I'm using a RAID 0 as the hard drive setup the game is installed to, and apparently this game and Lara Croft: Guardian of Light (the engine DXHR's is based off of) both have problems with RAID 0 hard drive setups. The way I was able to fix it was using a program called Steam Mover (free program). It lets you move your games to a different hard drive. I just moved it to a regular hard drive, and I haven't received any crashes or freezes in 5+ hours of continues play. Still, I wish I could utilize the speed of my RAID 0 setup.

Here's the thread that I found the information on to solve my problem. Even if what I did doesn't work for you, it might help you to read the stuff on this forum topic:
DXHR: Game CRASHING/FREEZING - All Issues / Q&A (Eidos Games Forums)

Last edited by Egger3rd: 08-30-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: found solution for my particular problem
Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
ZeroRawr

Same crap for me. I go to the cutscene where Jensen is getting himself augmented on the lab table and also any of the tutorial videos. I'm deeply saddened by this because I just want to play this game oh so badly lol. I've tried messing around with my video settings a bit but still no dice. Hopefully Eidos comes out with a patch for this soon.

Also, love your videos bro.
ZeroRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
abaldwin

Ditto, I'm getting the exact same issue - just when I thought I had fixed my previous issue with saved games by deleting all prior saved games and disabling cloud sync!

"Wrong DRM version data 67b877b, code 15
rebuild of pc-w\imf\imf_architecture\imf_interior\imf_detroit\im f_sarif_industries\imf_signs\decal_lab2b_a\decal_l ab2b_a.drm needed"

Would really love to play this game...
Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
United_Strafes

It's not frozen, it just takes that long to load
United_Strafes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
Egger3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
It's not frozen, it just takes that long to load
I gave it 20 minutes, and it's still frozen. Even if it takes longer, I don't think that's a resolution to the problem. Loading times should in no way be this long, and they shouldn't hang on a frame. Some disc should visually be spinning on the screen at least to show that the game is not dead. This game is dead right now.

EDIT: I just found out that restarting my computer seems to fix it for a time so that I can load my saves. But then once it freezes again, it just keeps on freezing. I don't like the thought of restarting my computer constantly just to play through this game. We need a patch for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroRawr View Post
Also, love your videos bro.
Thanks!
If anyone's interested, here's my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/egger3rd
Especially watch Deus Ex: The Recut, uploaded to machinima.

Last edited by Egger3rd: 08-25-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: more info
Egger3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Egger3rd

I'm running this game legit. Augmented Edition. Pre-purchased.

System Info
Windows 7 64-Bit
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
1TB hard drive with 636GB free space
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Things I've tried:
1) Updated my video card driver
2) Uninstalled and Reinstalled (or Deleted Local Content and Re-downloaded, if you prefer)
3) Checked game cache
4) Tested it out on a new game (still freezes/crashes when loading)
5) Disabled antivirus software
6) Turned down graphics settings (even though the game seems to run very well on mid to high settings)
7) Pounded the desk with my fists.

If anyone knows how to fix these frequent, random-seeming, system-restart-requiring crashes, please let us know.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
Skuggan

Banned
Same thing here, it freeze very frequently, often at the first cutscene.
Skuggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #8
blikj82

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaldwin View Post
Ditto, I'm getting the exact same issue - just when I thought I had fixed my previous issue with saved games by deleting all prior saved games and disabling cloud sync!

"Wrong DRM version data 67b877b, code 15
rebuild of pc-w\imf\imf_architecture\imf_interior\imf_detroit\im f_sarif_industries\imf_signs\decal_lab2b_a\decal_l ab2b_a.drm needed"

Would really love to play this game...
I have that too. Sometimes it freezes and does not give an error and sometimes it shows an error like that.

I read something about the .drm file on a tomb raider forum. The "wrong DRM version data" apparantly means there is something wrong with a texture package. My .drm file has something to do with a shader apparently. I bet it'll be a different file when the next time it happens.

I allready succesfully completed the part i'm trying to load, it was fine a few minutes before. I just crashed after a cutscene and had to load the part before it. Seems like these texture packs don't get loaded properly or something. Would really like to know the fix for this one.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:12 AM   #9
SinfulC

I suggest checking this thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119698

If none of that helps, try posting on the forum itself here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=298
SinfulC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
Egger3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulC View Post
I suggest checking this thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=119698

If none of that helps, try posting on the forum itself here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=298
Thanks! I took your advice and checked out the Eidos forums. From the info posted there, I found out what was causing the freezes/crashes I was getting. I'm using a RAID 0 as the hard drive setup the game is installed to, and apparently this game and Lara Croft: Guardian of Light (the engine DXHR's is based off of) both have problems with RAID 0 hard drive setups. The way I was able to fix it was using a program called Steam Mover (free program). It lets you move your games to a different hard drive. I just moved it to a regular hard drive, and I haven't received any crashes or freezes in 5+ hours of continues play. Still, I wish I could utilize the speed of my RAID 0 setup.

Here's the thread that I found the information on to solve my problem. Even if what I did doesn't work for you, it might help you to read the stuff on this forum topic:

P.S.: I copied this info to my original post so that people wouldn't have to scroll around to find the solution if they're having the same exact problem.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #11
Skuggan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egger3rd View Post
Thanks! I took your advice and checked out the Eidos forums. From the info posted there, I found out what was causing the freezes/crashes I was getting. I'm using a RAID 0 as the hard drive setup the game is installed to, and apparently this game and Lara Croft: Guardian of Light (the engine DXHR's is based off of) both have problems with RAID 0 hard drive setups. The way I was able to fix it was using a program called Steam Mover (free program). It lets you move your games to a different hard drive. I just moved it to a regular hard drive, and I haven't received any crashes or freezes in 5+ hours of continues play. Still, I wish I could utilize the speed of my RAID 0 setup.

P.S.: I copied this info to my original post so that people wouldn't have to scroll around to find the solution if they're having the same exact problem.

I dont have Steam installed on my raid 0 ssd's, I have windows and a few retail games on it only, Steam sits on a single ssd disk. But I suppose the game puts saves and such on C: wich is my Raid 0. Could that be the cause?
If it is they need to fix it, I wouldnt want to install windows on a single SSD. Still waiting for them to reply, I sent in my dxdiag and msinfo so they have information about pretty much everything on and in my computer. Time will tell.
Skuggan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series