Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 08-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
BNice

Game freezes when I'm in the Alice Garden Pods area

Whenever I go to the Alice Garden Pods area I can walk around for a bit then it either.

a) Crashes to desktop

or

b) Freezes and green artifacts show up.

i5 2500k
Asus CUII GTX570
8g Ram

Unfortunately I can't leave the area now.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Blue_Scholar

I posted this elsewhere, but I will post this again here. The ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ game crashes out NO MATTER WHAT at the Alice Gardens Pods. Why don't they fix that. Oh and there are more than one account of this glitch happening. So it's not just me...

I mean it's like a mini game unto itself now. Let's see how far I can get and god forbid escape the place before it decides to run my machine into the ground. All the while spamming F5 at every turn. I have a top of line system so its not crapping out because of insufficient hardware. I haven't had a game completely seize my computer in I don't how long 4-5-6 years maybe. Everything else works fine. This one doesn't. Of all games, this one. What a cruel joke. Eidos better fix this pronto. there work is far from finished. I hope they don't think they can sit on their laurels after this "patch".

It happens at ALICE GARDEN PODS and no where else. Only here. Again no where else.

It freezes whilst artifacting a uniform pattern of smallish white squiggly pixel clusters across the screen. Again a uniform pattern, the clusters look like a houndstooth sort of pattern. Like something on a tie but more spread out. Its hard to explain. I need screenshot it if it's even possible to capture it.

This ♥♥♥♥ is really destroying an otherwise great gaming experience. Eidos better fix this ♥♥♥♥ ASAP!

Edit: Oh I will continue to bump this into perpetuity until they rectify the situation.
Blue_Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
mbordelon2

I just experienced this myself in the Alice Garden Pods area. The game minimizes and I can hear looped sound effects from the game and I have to close it with task manager. It seems anytime I load my save in that area it does the same thing.
mbordelon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
BNice

Well I'm glad it's not just me I guess. Man, I'm so into this game right now but I can't get out of this death trap area
Old 08-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
Blue_Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbordelon2 View Post
I just experienced this myself in the Alice Garden Pods area. The game minimizes and I can hear looped sound effects from the game and I have to close it with task manager. It seems anytime I load my save in that area it does the same thing.
Exactly! Oh man I hope they fix this soon.

Glad to see more and more people have this problem. I know that sound bad but you know what I mean. I guess it's just a waiting game until they get off there French-Canandian asses and fix the REAL problems with this game. (ie: not the loading times for christ's sake)

*sigh*
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Blue_Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNice View Post
Well I'm glad it's not just me I guess. Man, I'm so into this game right now but I can't get out of this death trap area
It's become a death trap on SO MANY LEVELS my friend.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
wezzz

I'm glad i haven't had this problem, does it happen as soon as you walk into the area?
wezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
Blue_Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezzz View Post
I'm glad i haven't had this problem, does it happen as soon as you walk into the area?
Into, Out of, Around. etc. etc. I managed to make some progress here and there. And thought for a time that it had, let's say, worked itself out. However this not the case and it's happening more frequently ( like every ing time) as I close in on what is hopefully the escape of the wretched place. I'm in a firefight with folks and they got the place on lock down so I can't just leave all willy nilly. It's sadistic.

I took time to complete all the side quests (I was going to do that anyway) before going on with the actual mission as to avoid that place like the plague.

I really want to move on with this game. But Eidos-Montreal and quality assurance testing must be like oil and water judging by all the crash complaints.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
stapletor

Having the same problem, trying to complete the main story quest and keep crashing. 15 crashes now from just trying to get through this level.

Tried running one monitor.
Low video settings
High video settings
AA on/off
Vsync on/off
and more

Nvidia 580
4gb ram
Win 7 64bit
Q6600

Have not had any issues with the game until now.
stapletor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
UnixTheDanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Scholar View Post
I posted this elsewhere, but I will post this again here. The ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ game crashes out NO MATTER WHAT at the Alice Gardens Pods. Why don't they fix that. Oh and there are more than one account of this glitch happening. So it's not just me...

I mean it's like a mini game unto itself now. Let's see how far I can get and god forbid escape the place before it decides to run my machine into the ground. All the while spamming F5 at every turn. I have a top of line system so its not crapping out because of insufficient hardware. I haven't had a game completely seize my computer in I don't how long 4-5-6 years maybe. Everything else works fine. This one doesn't. Of all games, this one. What a cruel joke. Eidos better fix this pronto. there work is far from finished. I hope they don't think they can sit on their laurels after this "patch".

It happens at ALICE GARDEN PODS and no where else. Only here. Again no where else.

It freezes whilst artifacting a uniform pattern of smallish white squiggly pixel clusters across the screen. Again a uniform pattern, the clusters look like a houndstooth sort of pattern. Like something on a tie but more spread out. Its hard to explain. I need screenshot it if it's even possible to capture it.

This ♥♥♥♥ is really destroying an otherwise great gaming experience. Eidos better fix this ♥♥♥♥ ASAP!

Edit: Oh I will continue to bump this into perpetuity until they rectify the situation.
Sounds like text-book over-heating to me. The same kind of pattern happened all the time with game lockups on my old 8800gt (notorious line for heat problems). I'm also having problems with this area. My system freezes, with the last frame still visible and the last 1 second of sound looping. I have to reset the system manually (hard-lock).
UnixTheDanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
mbordelon2

I had seven hours into the game when my first crash in the pod area happened. It was the first problem of any kind (other than slight stuttering) that I had with Deus Ex Human Revolution. I since had three crashes in that area before I managed to exit. I half expected the game to crash again....but now I am sitting at nearly 10 hours into the game and have not had any crashes.

I am really enjoying this game but I have now gotten a quest that requires I enter Alice Gardens and I'm thinking of hanging it up for the time being because I don't want to have to deal with the headache.
mbordelon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:31 AM   #12
BNice

I managed to leave the area without a crash by turning Direct X11 off. I'm not sure if I just got lucky or if that's what helped.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #13
Arthur Hucksake

I thought it was overheating until I checked the GPU-Z logs, 54C. Could cook bacon and eggs in Kombuster at 80C day and night let alone 54C.
Arthur Hucksake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
TitusTroy

I just got up to this part of the game...same issues here with the Alice Garden Pods area...multiple freezeups which required me to shut the game down via Task Manager...usually happened right after I explored a pod area...had a few crashes in other parts of the game but nothing this bad

I have a GTX 580, an i7 980X and 6GB of memory so it's not my system...and with the numerous reports of people having issues at this exact point of the game it's obviously a bug/scripting error that needs to be fixed in the next big patch

I managed to finally escape that area...hopefully no side missions or main ones will force me to go back there
TitusTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #15
ioio

Experienced some freezing when loading (reload, or a new area). Found the suggestion on this forum, another thread: disable DX11. Did it. Never happened again. However, this has a secondary effect: the game stutters when looking around. My config: i5-2500/GTX570/8GB/SATA3 HDD/Win7x64.
ioio is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series