Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 08-25-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
GabbyBob

Post SteamWorks on 360 - Possible Future for TF2?

Valve wants Steamworks in CS:GO XBLA

Of course, this is all for the upcoming Counter-Strike game but reading further on, it says that Microsoft is making a deal for Free-to-play games.

Quote:
Still, there appears to be hope for Xbox 360 owners - a report in June claimed free-to-play games were coming to the console and that Microsoft was talking with developers to discuss free-to-play game deals.
Which then linked to this:

F2P games coming to Xbox 360 - report

If Valve can successfully make CS:GO SteamWorks compatible, there might be a chance for a standalone TF2 for consoles.

Or am I just jumping the gun on this and making colored water into wine?

Edit:
And this was tweeted the other day by G4TV:
CS:GO to have SteamWorks XBLA inteegration, Valve Hopes

I mean, if TF2 isn't going to get a revival of some sort, lets at least support SteamWorks for CS:GO. Right?

Edit2:
Been reading around about it and its a mix reaction from all different sources. There are some that say that SteamWorks, in no way, shape or form will be on Xbox Live, while others say that Valve has a lot of influence and Microsoft doesn't stand to benefit by not letting SteamWorks connect through Xbox Live.

Last edited by GabbyBob: 08-27-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
z0rd0n

they would have to wait untill xboxlive gets cloud saves...its coming this fall with the new dashboard update.
i really hope it happens!!!!
z0rd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
netham45

Ohey, another TF2 360 speculation thread.

:|
netham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
GabbyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by netham45 View Post
Ohey, another TF2 360 speculation thread.

:|
Yea, but mine has some actual 'Current' information. And I'm just saying that there is a chance of Valve can get CS:GO 360 SreamWorks combatible, then who knows!
GabbyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
w0lfschild

Banned
Wow they actually mentioned tf2 in this, too bad Microsoft are so gay about XBL being like 'their thing' that's all special and different.
w0lfschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
GabbyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lfschild View Post
Wow they actually mentioned tf2 in this, too bad Microsoft are so gay about XBL being like 'their thing' that's all special and different.
But they are working with Valve, and various developers to come to a deal.
Come on, use a more positive attitude. If not for TF2, then for at least CS:GO.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 PM   #7
Mincegamer

This is an interesting article, thanks for sharing.

I don't really care about being free to play or having fancy cosmetics through micro-transactions or having to pay sometimes for stuff. I just want REAL new content; maps, weapons, and the like. At least VALVe got this through their heads with the L4D games and gave us paid DLC. Although it would be pretty cool if we got Steamworks in Global Offensive.

And whatever way VALVe decided to do it (if they decided to do it); a revival or re-release of TF2 would be pretty popular. People like L4D and Portal. Just because we are "dirty console peasants" doesn't mean we don't like good games. We also like new content for good games.

Last edited by Mincegamer: 08-26-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Mincegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
w0lfschild

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbyBob View Post
But they are working with Valve, and various developers to come to a deal.
Come on, use a more positive attitude. If not for TF2, then for at least CS:GO.
I wasn't being negative. I was actually pleasantly surprised that valve was still even thinking about the xbox version of TF2. I simply stated that is unfortunate that Microsoft would probably never want any steam things invading their complete control of all things xbox-live.
w0lfschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
Cooperfive

Valve cares... WAIT A MINUTE VALVE CARES!
Cooperfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 PM   #10
Rayman1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperfive View Post
Valve cares... WAIT A MINUTE VALVE CARES!
Of course Valve cares. The reason for the lack of TF2 updates is because Valve can't update when they want, they'd have to go through Microsoft. What that means, it would cost Valve a lot of money to do it that way, plus the updates weren't optimized for consoles.

If Microsoft opens up to the F2P games, and Valve's Steamworks for the 360 title. Then you could possibly see TF2 with all its updates, and cross-platform play.
Rayman1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
GabbyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lfschild View Post
I wasn't being negative. I was actually pleasantly surprised that valve was still even thinking about the xbox version of TF2. I simply stated that is unfortunate that Microsoft would probably never want any steam things invading their complete control of all things xbox-live.
Ah. Sorry about that. The post before you riled me up some there.

Last edited by GabbyBob: 08-27-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: English fail
Old 08-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #12
KKiONI

I like the sound of this. This certainly brings a bit more hope to the current standings.
It may not say much, but the fact Gabe Newell actually mentioned The Orange Box and its lack of updates shows they do still have us in mind and still show some sign of interest.

I hope CS:GO gets Steamworks on the Xbox. I thought it was a neat and convenient feature on the PS3. It will certainly show a much brighter sign for Valve and their future for keeping their games up to date and their DLC free.
And who knows, with Microsoft's sudden interest in F2P gaming and Valve trying to get Steamworks on CS:GO for the 360, there could be hope of seeing the feature added on The Orange Box. Slim, but as of now, I see it as a possibility.
KKiONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:03 AM   #13
DerpMaster

Banned
hopefully but microsoft wouldnt allow it
DerpMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #14
Ultron

gawd I would love to see Ballmer and Newell in a conference room: screaming at each other, sweating, cheetos stains on fingers, hammering out the deal. T'would be glorious.
Ultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #15
GabbyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
gawd I would love to see Ballmer and Newell in a conference room: screaming at each other, sweating, cheetos stains on fingers, hammering out the deal. T'would be glorious.
Hahahaha! That would be glorious to see.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box