Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 08-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
TheDeadKillers

Custom Maps on Xbox 360

Custom maps can be achieved on the Xbox, it doesn't take much effort to do so (thus proving Valve is lazy and such). Say it's fake and such if you want, but it's real. Pictures (sorry for crap quality):
http://i53.tinypic.com/28tccxz.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2da0emr.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/jhfn7r.jpg
Credits:
Neth (converting the map)
Me (testing)
Old 08-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
netham45

It should be pointed out that this is the first PoC we've gotten, and it's not refined.
netham45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Calvinnation

Cool stuff, but what are they. I mean they are not really full maps are they? I would love to see more.
Calvinnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
TheDeadKillers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinnation View Post
Cool stuff, but what are they. I mean they are not really full maps are they? I would love to see more.
Yes, they're full maps.
TheDeadKillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
netham45

That's CP_Orange_x running on the 360. We're not sure if we'll be able to download them to clients yet, but we can guarantee that if two people had modded ISOs they'd be able to play new maps.

Edit: Here's the map on the PC: http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/46051
Old 08-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
Chill Dude

Im predicting

Instant crash

Or

Lose connection .

BUT , if it works. Then, TF2 xbox might get somewhere .
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
TheDeadKillers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Dude View Post
Im predicting

Instant crash

Or

Lose connection .

BUT , if it works. Then, TF2 xbox might get somewhere .
Shouldn't really have any problems. When I was playing I didn't notice any issues besides the lighting, which can be fixed.
TheDeadKillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:08 AM   #8
netham45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS09VSXFcJI

There's a video of it on CP_Orange.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #9
netham45

We don't have any other maps really done yet, I'm still working on getting the textures converted properly.

Also, we can release a modded ISO that has our mods and is obfuscated and people would be no better off than with a torrent they found on TPB when it comes to figuring out what's going on.
It's not like we'll be putting out a "Place a sentry gun on your head TODAY!" kit.

Last edited by netham45: 08-28-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
netham45

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow ops6 View Post
oh i did not no that. and still though everyone's going to be running around with the same mods its going to get really monotonous even if you keep coming out with new ones. Going to get REALLY boring. and you said you'll release after 500 dollars of donations and nothing personal not even about the mods but I hope nobody donates to you. The reasons:1. illegal 2.I would hope that people would use their money more wisely such as feeding their family, paying their rent etc. instead of wasting it funding some random guy trying to mod a 3-4 year old xbox game or even donate to something that deserves donating such as feeding sick children or something 3. you probably wont even use any of your donations for discs I highly doubt that. so yeah
It's not illegal. I believe what I'm doing falls under fair use. I'm going to strip all except the necessary files from the ISO before I upload it (EP1/EP2/Portal/as much of HL2 as I can). If people need to feed their family, then they should do that, but it's not your place to decide what people spend their money on.

As far as it getting boring, yes, it'll eventually get boring. Everything does at one point, but I'll be making it as exciting as I possibly can for people.

Claiming that I'd be wasting/embezzling the money donated is complete libel. Before you're claiming that the things I do are illegal, you might want to look at the things you're doing. I would be investing in discs, yes. I'd also look into getting a jtag to speed up the development, along with the costs of hosting an ISO of that sort. Also, even if I did use some of it, programmers have to eat too.

"nothing personal" doesn't absolve you from responsibility for offending someone. I'm putting quite a bit of skilled work into this, and I don't appreciate you telling people not to help me out. Telling them that I'm lying with what they'd be helping me with is just wrong, too. If you don't want to donate, then fine, don't, but keep your faulty opinions to yourself. If you post any more slanderous comments against me, I'll be raising the issue with the forum administration.

Also, please, if you're going to post to people, post something more than a giant wall of text. Do you know how long it took me to wade through that crap to figure out what you were saying?

tl;dr: Don't post lies, stupid opinions, and crap. Also, learn how to write.

Last edited by netham45: 08-28-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
GabbyBob

Is there a website you guys own? No where did I read anything about what shadow ops6 said. :\

Last edited by GabbyBob: 08-28-2011 at 10:44 AM.
GabbyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
netham45

Yes, I own http://bonkedbyascout.com/

The post he's referencing is http://bonkedbyascout.com/index.php?topic=1038.0

Basically, this is expensive as hell, and I'm trying to recoup the costs.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
GabbyBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by netham45 View Post
Yes, I own http://bonkedbyascout.com/

The post he's referencing is http://bonkedbyascout.com/index.php?topic=1038.0

Basically, this is expensive as hell, and I'm trying to recoup the costs.
Ah ok. I was a tad confused there.
GabbyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
TeenageGnome

Quote:
It's not illegal. I believe what I'm doing falls under fair use. I'm going to strip all except the necessary files from the ISO before I upload it (EP1/EP2/Portal/as much of HL2 as I can). If people need to feed their family, then they should do that, but it's not your place to decide what people spend their money on.

As far as it getting boring, yes, it'll eventually get boring. Everything does at one point, but I'll be making it as exciting as I possibly can for people.

Claiming that I'd be wasting/embezzling the money donated is complete libel. Before you're claiming that the things I do are illegal, you might want to look at the things you're doing. I would be investing in discs, yes. I'd also look into getting a jtag to speed up the development, along with the costs of hosting an ISO of that sort. Also, even if I did use some of it, programmers have to eat too.

"nothing personal" doesn't absolve you from responsibility for offending someone. I'm putting quite a bit of skilled work into this, and I don't appreciate you telling people not to help me out. Telling them that I'm lying with what they'd be helping me with is just wrong, too. If you don't want to donate, then fine, don't, but keep your faulty opinions to yourself. If you post any more slanderous comments against me, I'll be raising the issue with the forum administration.

Also, please, if you're going to post to people, post something more than a giant wall of text. Do you know how long it took me to wade through that crap to figure out what you were saying?

What your doing with that ISO is illegal. Infact you are not even supposed to be able to download an ISO as that is also illegal because it is like stealing the game. So yes shadow is quite correct, what you are doing is against the law and you don't even notice it apparently. Not to mention you will be releasing a fake modded copy of the game online.

By the way it took be about 30 seconds to read his small paragraph. You must be a very slow reader.

Also, most of the things you have posted are lies so way to be a hypocrite.

And one last thing, if you need money so bad why don't you sell like one of the six computers you have? You really only need one.

Last edited by TeenageGnome: 08-28-2011 at 05:18 PM.
TeenageGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #15
Chill Dude

Quote:
It's not illegal. I believe what I'm doing falls under fair use.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...eOfIrk/FBI.jpg
Chill Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box