Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 08-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
wazups 2x

Question Hold ADS

Anyone figure out how to change toggle ADS to HOLD ADS?

It's something that really bug me.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
inkubus

Same here, I got used to it quickly though. If I can figure it out I'll post but so far I don't see a way.
inkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Tahknall

If you go to Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config and open the ROInput.ini file, look for the [ROGame.ROPlayerInput] section.

Replace:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Toss",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

With:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

Save the file and you will now have to hold your Ironsights button to ADS. There is only one single word you must replace to do this. If somehow you botch the edit and need to fix things, delete the ROInput.ini file and launch the game; this will create a new ROInput.ini file for you, but you will lose your configurations and need to complete them again.
Tahknall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
flarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahknall View Post
If you go to Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config and open the ROInput.ini file, look for the [ROGame.ROPlayerInput] section.

Replace:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Toss",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

With:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

Save the file and you will now have to hold your Ironsights button to ADS. There is only one single word you must replace to do this. If somehow you botch the edit and need to fix things, delete the ROInput.ini file and launch the game; this will create a new ROInput.ini file for you, but you will lose your configurations and need to complete them again.
thank you!

i will try this asap
flarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:43 AM   #5
boOzy

Thank you so much if this works will try also! Do you have any idea how to get hold mode for prone, sprint and crouch also? I'm too used to playing with those settings, toggle is pain..

Edit. yes it works like a charm

Last edited by boOzy: 08-31-2011 at 03:03 AM.
boOzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:51 AM   #6
Zyat

Aye, hold for prone, sprint and crouch are a must for me, I'm just too used to holding a key for those after all these years.

The toggle ADS I can kinda deal with but I'm glad to have a way to make it hold because... well same as above, its what I'm used to, so thanks for that.
Zyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:06 AM   #7
boOzy

Please post here if you find out a way to fix those.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:06 AM   #8
Tahknall

If you poke around in the bindings it's probably just a matter of replacing "Toggl_Duck" with either "Duck" or "bDuckHeld" though which I am not sure offhand. It could require multiple commands such as, "bDuckHeld | onrelease Duck" as an example.

Last edited by Tahknall: 08-31-2011 at 03:09 AM.
Tahknall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:10 AM   #9
Kraut

Um there is a setting in the options menu for it.....
Kraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 AM   #10
boOzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
Um there is a setting in the options menu for it.....
There is not. Movement is so much more fluid when everything is on hold.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:59 AM   #11
boOzy

Fixed the hold for sprint guys, need to change it under [ROGame.ROPlayerInput]

Bindings=(Name="Sprint",Command="button bSprint | onrelease bSprint",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgno reCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 AM   #12
boOzy

And Prone aswell:

Bindings=(Name="Toggl_Prone",Command="ToggleProne | onrelease ToggleProne",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,b IgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=Fal se)

I GUESS the same works for crouch also, will test.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #13
Kaese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahknall View Post

Replace:

With:

Already rep'ed you earlier, but just wanted to say actual thanks.

Also, pc gaming yay. You don't like something, you just change it in a ini \o/
Kaese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:03 AM   #14
boOzy

Yeah indeed^ Not sure if those commands are 100% correct but they seem to work for now. Couldn't figure out the crouch though, it's bit more complicated it seems.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:08 AM   #15
Kaese

Hmm I was partying a little to early.
Quite often this bugs out when mixed with some other input.
Then you end up staying in ADS forever and only GET OUT when holding rmb :S
Kaese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad