Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2

Old 09-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #151
MuphreysLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by heftyfrog View Post

Obviously I can't speak for all XBox players, but we aren't looking for a "balanced" game mode. Like some of you have suggested, confogl might not be as balanced as you would prefer. All we would like is to nerf survivors a little more. T1 weapons, less pills, more tanks. We just want a few tweaks.
Those tweaks are considered balancing to a large part of this community. It won't make the game "perfect" by any means but its one step in the right direction to have an alternate game mode for experienced players. Built by experienced players who actually know the game and its flaws inside out. We all know realism versus did not achieve that goal.

I don't know why people are even addressing Muraz at this point. The topic is becoming 90% about the illogical opposition of one person.
MuphreysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #152
D3vo

I approve.
D3vo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #153
NutMan

Muraz is spending a lot of time in a thread about something that doesn't affect him.

There are a lot of people I know who would love this mutation. You're wrong in thinking that everyone that would ever want to play confogl already knows about it and does. I've experienced the opposite first hand. Secondly, i know there are many players that would enjoy a lot of the core changes (Tanks every map, no kits etc) but have no desire to join a competitive team or play in serious pug games. They might also lack friends to play confogl friend-only games.

A lot of people play this game for FUN (as everyone should) and would find this mutation to be a lot of fun.

That's all there is to it, and you either accept that or you don't.

Last edited by NutMan: 09-04-2011 at 10:55 AM.
NutMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #154
ckspike

One thing you have to be very impressed with is the wide distribution of different players that are interested in this idea. Take a peek at the group just under 500 memebers already, and there's players ranging from <10 hours all the way to 3500+(WOW) hours that have joined. That's proof the idea has legs and isn't just 1 segment of people.

It is a mutation that would change the balance of Versus. As soon as realism was introduced there was mod servers making 'realism versus' When the Realism Versus mutation came out there wasn't frenzied outcries that we don't need it you can just go to [insert] server and play it! That's a rediculous reason not to make this mutation. Everyone know the audience for a mod is small and the audience for an official mutation is the the entire playerbase which is a big deal.

The reason I believe that some people are vehemently against this is they see exactly what most of us see, it has the capability to catch fire and re-invigorate the competitive scene with new blood leaving less noobs for them to stomp.

I think that a lot of competitive players would revel the chance to NOT play with their teams and just jump into a pug into a more balanced game mode. It gets boring being forced to play with the same people even if they are cool to be around but it's nice to just get some fresh people and not be in a mode you know is unfair.

It won't be me calling for a new permanent mode that's not my goal at all, my goal is to expose the whole playerbase (including the 360) to the possibility this game holds, people will just go back to vanilla, people will decide to go to RVS, people will decide to go competitive, and people will ask for changes in vanilla to make it better. Just 2 weeks have the capability to accomplish all that IMO, so why would you be against it?
ckspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #155
MattNF

+1 to this topic.
MattNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #156
skyhighatrist

Competitive Mutation? Replace Realism VS? Couldn't happen soon enough. There is plenty of support within the console community alone. The majority of players would love this.

/signed
skyhighatrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #157
Muraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMan View Post
Muraz is spending a lot of time in a thread about something that doesn't affect him.
Sure ... you say that now, "oh it doesn't affect you, just let 'em do it" ... then next there's idiots suggesting that the mutation becomes a permanent main-menu gamemode. Or replaces one of the Versus modes, or something similar.
Muraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #158
MattNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraz View Post
Sure ... you say that now, "oh it doesn't affect you, just let 'em do it" ... then next there's idiots suggesting that the mutation becomes a permanent main-menu gamemode. Or replaces one of the Versus modes, or something similar.
idiots for wanting a permanent balanced gamemode?

go back to vanilla
MattNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #159
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Only chance it has of doing so would be if it caught on enough to warrant it. Does that frighten you?
Stagger Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #160
ZenDigital

@Muraz

I've read through your comments and have yet to see you make a point other than you just don't seem to like confogl for one reason or another.

Please enlighten me as to the adverse effect a pub-accessible, built-in competition level game mode would have on this community?

Quote:
Point 1: Confoglers have public games. Start a lobby. Set it to go on a Confogl server. Set access to public. Sorted. That's ... really all there is to say on that; you don't need your own mutation to accomplish it.
Except there is then the issue of pubs raging upon the realization they're not on an official server. Would it not make more sense to make it so people know what they're getting into when they enter a lobby. By your definition, you're suggesting that we should just force pubs to play confogl from the lobby, the very thing you are accusing us of doing by petitioning it as a potential mutation.

So let's say confogl as a mutation goes through, hell, lets even go so far as to assume it makes the main menu as a permanent game mode. Answer me this....how will this effect your L4D2 gaming experience? Would you be forced to play it? I think not.
ZenDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #161
ZenDigital

Quote:

Again, how will this effect you?
ZenDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #162
Muraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Only chance it has of doing so would be if it caught on enough to warrant it. Does that frighten you?
Nothing "frightens" me. It concerns me that people would want to do something destructive to the game, though. Especially when there's zero logical reason for it.

Confoglers can already play Confogl. Which is good for them, we all like a game of Confogl sometimes. If they want to start changing the rest of the game to suit their desires ... well, they can just jaratee off with that.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #163
Muraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenDigital View Post
@Muraz

I've read through your comments and have yet to see you make a point other than you just don't seem to like confogl for one reason or another.[
How did you manage to "read" the comments, then miss every single point except a point which I haven't even made? In fact, I think I stated at multiple points that I've played Confogl quite a bit? *facepalm*

If you want to go back and have another "read" through, properly this time, then you'll notice that everything you've said in the rest of your post we've already talked about, and I've already answered. Please don't lie and say you've read stuff that you haven't.

Last edited by Muraz: 09-04-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #164
Muraz

Double post.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #165
Jefffey

Quote:
How did you manage to "read" the comments, then miss every single point except a point which I haven't even made? In fact, I think I stated at multiple points that I've played Confogl quite a bit? *facepalm*

If you want to go back and have another "read" through, properly this time, then you'll notice that everything you've said in the rest of your post we've already talked about, and I've already answered. Please don't lie and say you've read stuff that you haven't.
Nobody cares about your "point." Thanks for bumping the post.
Jefffey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Left 4 Dead 2