Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Longest Journey, The

Old 09-03-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
Jdw27

Just bought TLJ from Steam and it doesnt work?

Hi everybody, I just bought TLJ from Steam for £5.99 for a game that is what over a decade old? Well nevermind about the price of the game.

The problem I'm having is that the cut scenes work fine as does the main menu screen but when the first 3 second cut scene ends and your viewing the old woman telling the kids a story it completely laags to a state that is unplayable and the screen will go black every 3 or so seconds. I don't know much about computers so please bare that in mind if your kind enouth to try and help me.

These are my PC's specs and I'm also using Windows 7.

Processer: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU - 6300 @ 1.86GHz 1.87 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 2.00 GB

System type: 32 bit Operating System

-----
I hope that is everything you'll need to base your answer on, thanks!

Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
dotaallstars

Hey, I'm not a computer/software engineer or anything. I'm guessing what would cause that problem with the game is faulty video card drivers or a shoddy install.

What you can do for the former, is figure out what manufacturer your video card is from and update your drivers from their website. It will usually be either an AMD video card or nVidia.

If your computer has an integrated video card(its on the motherboard, so you dont have that big black/green/red card when you open your computer), try figuring out what your motherboard is and update your drivers from the motherboard website.

For if the install is bad, Right click your game in steam, then click properties -> local files tab -> verify integrity of game cache.

Another thing, it actually could be a bad audio codec, which can cause the game to run strangely like in Bioshock. Since I havn't heard of audio problems with The Longest Journey I do not know the means to solve it. You must search the internet on your spare time.

Hope I helped, unless what I wrote is still too confusing, send me a PM to clarify what is what.

-dota

*edit try this link http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=558693
dotaallstars is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Longest Journey, The