Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 09-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Lones

"Foxiest of the Hounds" Achievement problems!

Hi,

This is the achievement to not set off any alarms. I'm not sure exactly what the game means by that, I completed the game without setting off any physical alarms except for the ones that the game itself turns on at specific locations.

No cameras spotted me at all, there was a few occasions where a single guard turned hostile but I took him down before anything could be done... no nearby guards came to invesitgate so I assumed that meant nothing had been triggered?

A few bots were also "alarmed" when I hit them with grenades, but again no guards came to investigate and no alarms in bases etc rang out.

If I take the achievement as it is literally written "complete the game without setting off any alarms" then I have done so. The only alarms that sounded were ones that cannot be avoided as they are part of the mission itself eg escaping from already alarmed areas.

So does this achievement mean nothing at all can ever turn hostile? Any help would be appreciated!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
stopgap

I had the same thing, I was doing a stealth run to try for Pacifist + Foxiest and thought that I'd blown Pacifist when I tranqued a guy and in the head and killed him (according to the UI anyway) without noticing in Detroit, but continued on for Foxiest. In the end Pacifist was the one I got, and I have 0 idea where or how I set off an alarm because I was being dead careful the whole time because I though Foxiest was all I was going to manage. Didn't let 1 bot, turret or camera get "suspicious" without reloading.

In other threads about it people have said it is not meant to be failed by alerting normal men, only if a alarm button is pressed or you set off a security system.
stopgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
NanoIce

Banned
Ok I just got Pacifist and Foxiest too,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lones View Post
Hi,

This is the achievement to not set off any alarms. I'm not sure exactly what the game means by that, I completed the game without setting off any physical alarms except for the ones that the game itself turns on at specific locations.

No cameras spotted me at all, there was a few occasions where a single guard turned hostile but I took him down before anything could be done... no nearby guards came to invesitgate so I assumed that meant nothing had been triggered?

A few bots were also "alarmed" when I hit them with grenades, but again no guards came to investigate and no alarms in bases etc rang out.

If I take the achievement as it is literally written "complete the game without setting off any alarms" then I have done so. The only alarms that sounded were ones that cannot be avoided as they are part of the mission itself eg escaping from already alarmed areas.

So does this achievement mean nothing at all can ever turn hostile? Any help would be appreciated!
If you turned into hostile u have to make sure the dude did not finished saying anything such as "I got a positive visual" or "Hey get out of there", after they say out the whole sentence it means he has communicated with a nearest teamate, so alarm will be set, they couldnt find you is because they don't know where is you location, it doesn't mean they didn't set the alarm. If you wan to double check whether it's already set the alarm u can imediately walk to the nearest "alarm box" (with a hand scan on it) and see whether it's turned red, or u can listen to the alarm signal or the flashing red light.

And as you said some part the alarm is a default setting because the story want it to be, so no worries on that part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
I had the same thing, I was doing a stealth run to try for Pacifist + Foxiest and thought that I'd blown Pacifist when I tranqued a guy and in the head and killed him (according to the UI anyway) without noticing in Detroit, but continued on for Foxiest. In the end Pacifist was the one I got, and I have 0 idea where or how I set off an alarm because I was being dead careful the whole time because I though Foxiest was all I was going to manage. Didn't let 1 bot, turret or camera get "suspicious" without reloading.

In other threads about it people have said it is not meant to be failed by alerting normal men, only if a alarm button is pressed or you set off a security system.
And my advise for that is Dont even think a bout using Tranqualizer to take enemy, because some times it will bugged, that being said, u kill the enemy instead of making him asleep.
NanoIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #4
ArmorArmadillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoIce View Post
And my advise for that is Dont even think a bout using Tranqualizer to take enemy, because some times it will bugged, that being said, u kill the enemy instead of making him asleep.
Im fairly sure people on 360achievements (and eidos forums) verified it doesn't count as a death, it counts as a stun, its just a UI issue apparently. That is unless they fall from/into something, then you killed them. F5 and F8 are god sends Clear room check theyre stunned carry on, if not restore.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=327247
ArmorArmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #5
Dracorat

If a turret or camera goes red you've blown it. Even if there's no blaring alarm.

I did create a walkthrough of this achiev - if you're stuck somewhere you can check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD4AD8C177A6E17EE
Dracorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #6
Tizzysawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorArmadillo View Post
Im fairly sure people on 360achievements (and eidos forums) verified it doesn't count as a death, it counts as a stun, its just a UI issue apparently. That is unless they fall from/into something, then you killed them. F5 and F8 are god sends Clear room check theyre stunned carry on, if not restore.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=327247
I stunned a couple guys and then threw them off a building to hide the bodies, does that count as me killing them? :P
Tizzysawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #7
stopgap

Yes, or so I read. As does smashing them with furniture, letting them fall in electrified water or the physics spazzing out and catapulting them into a nearby truck if you put bodies into a huge pile like I did
Leaving them face-down in sewer water doesn't drown them though...
stopgap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
Scorcher24

Do I understand this right, that "Alarmed" or "Suspicious" does not ruin the achievement?
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
evil_buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher24 View Post
Do I understand this right, that "Alarmed" or "Suspicious" does not ruin the achievement?
Correct.

When enemies are in the "alarmed" state they have only heard you/are looking for you, as long as they don't press an actual alarm (they usually only do this after they've gone into "hostile" state) you're fine.

When cameras are just "suspicious" it is fine as well. But if it turns red (it will also say "hostile") it does count against it.
evil_buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Scorcher24

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_buddy View Post
Correct.

When enemies are in the "alarmed" state they have only heard you/are looking for you, as long as they don't press an actual alarm (they usually only do this after they've gone into "hostile" state) you're fine.

When cameras are just "suspicious" it is fine as well. But if it turns red as well as says "hostile" it does count against it.
Thanks for the clarification.
Achievements should sometimes really be better described >_>.
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
heinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lones View Post
there was a few occasions where a single guard turned hostile but I took him down before anything could be done... no nearby guards came to invesitgate so I assumed that meant nothing had been triggered?

there is probably your problem. i played the same way except for these 2 things, and got the achievement.

never get a hostile condition. also turn bots off via computers.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
evil_buddy

In my experience nothing bad will happen if one person goes hostile, as long as you take him down immediately (or are in an area with no alarms). But if there are others in the area and come to investigate, if they see a body left there they will press the alarm if they can - even if they themselves don't go hostile. If you manage to move the body without them seeing, but they still show up hostile, there is still a good chance they will sound the alarm.

I mostly tried to avoid making anything hostile, unless it was just one person that I took down immediately. But if others came after, hostile or not, I'd reload just to be safe.
evil_buddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series