Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Old 02-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #2266
oldbrokenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakir View Post
Thats a pity. Too much mods uploaded to megaupload. Thanx US Government for closing it...
sad indeed
oldbrokenlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #2267
oldbrokenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrosT2009 View Post
Elements Mod 1.3.1

Gameplay Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA9ip5kUaHE

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5pbd86ym8our555

If you've got time, please read the Features and changelogs text
to avoid confusion.

^^v
nice mod, thanks ill link to it in front page
Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #2268
oldbrokenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by anno1404 View Post
DO NOT post a question in this 2,263 post, 151 page giant. Instead: create a new posting. At this point, if you post a question here, more likely than not, your posting will NOT be answered.
there is no need to shout!

if you've read any of the 151 pages you will know that people do respond to questions posted and i continue to update the front pages with new mods and modders corner.

this thread is still a very good resource, there is no need to read 151 pages. if you are looking for a fix, mod ect just go to front page it has links to all of them without people having to look at 151 pages and if you are looking to learn how to mod this game again go to the front page it has a link to modders corner which lists every possible thing you can do with this game and finally if you are looking for list of external websites related to dead island and modding again just go to the front page, its all there.

Last edited by oldbrokenlink: 02-01-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #2269
Argaath

Exclamation Mod: Dawn of the Living Dead v0.9 by Argaath

This mod is focused on extreme but still playable difficulty and on increasing in-game and fear feeling. Zombies are much more deadly and their numbers are increased. Imagine aggresive and fast zombies like from 28 Days After or Dawn of the Dead 2004 (remake of the original Dawn of the Dead) and also imagine they are extremely tough and hard to kill - kinda like in Return of the Living Dead.
So don't expect easy fights: you will have to retreat or run away from zombies all the time... you will have to focus on predicting and dodging their attacks... you will have to hide from them behind closed doors or on any possible obstacle they can't jump on... you will have to lead them down into pools, so you will be able to avoid them... you will have to separate them and kill one by one... you will need to detonate propan bombs and fire extinguishers extremely wise and carefuly... you will have to pick up energy drinks and food and use it during fights when your health becomes low... And trust me, you will be happy for every energy drink you find...
In short words, you will have to be brutal, skilled and smart soldier.

As you can see, this mod is not for beginners at all.
It's designed for experienced players, who like to challenge their skills in extreme situations.
It's compatible with 1.3.0 version and it also works with Ryder White DLC.
This mod isn't about some random changes to source files (those usually make game too easy, or rather too hard to play) - I have tested and balanced it a lot.

Features:

* Tough Zombies - Zombies are already dead, so it's not easy to kill them again. It's not easy to hurt them elsewhere than head and it's not easy to kick them down to the ground.
* Agile zombies - Zombies are more agile, than before they died. Forget about sleepy moonwalkers, these zombies run fast and if you manage to beat them down to the ground, they won't stay long there.
* Sensitive Zombies - Zombies can sense where you are. They are coming for you even from long distance.
* Hungry Zombies - Zombies are very hungry. They follow you and they aren't going to stop...And if you make them stop, they will wait for you.
* Malicious Zombies - Zombies are not lame, they are seriously capable of hunting you and taking you down. Better don't underestimate them in any situation...
* Crowded Zombies - Zombies tend to stay together. Don't expect them to be lonely, cause usually they are not...
* Longer Gameplay with hard difficulty - Zombies will make your journey much longer and harder, but not unpossible. With self-preservation you can show up your survival skill and pass through.
* Shops sell Guns and Ammo - shops sell ammo and most likely at least one gun
* Some characters stats, price of ammo, ammo capacity and weapons durability rebalanced for hard difficulty.
* Field Of View Increased
* Energy drinks, fruits and snacks are pickable and stackable

All this features improves in-game, role-play, survival and scary feelings in a great way.

More Info:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2541813

Last edited by Argaath: 04-21-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Argaath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #2270
HAO

@Argaath great work bro! I look forward to playing it on my next playthrough. So far though me and my brother are having a super fun time playing this game. cheers to all my zombie hunting brethren
HAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #2271
Argaath

Thanks HAO. Anyway please download from link again, unfortunately i had released it with small bug making thugs almost invulnerable ;-)
Anyway expect this playthrough a way more longer than you are used to
Old 02-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #2272
HAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argaath View Post
Thanks HAO. Anyway please download from link again, unfortunately i had released it with small bug making thugs almost invulnerable ;-)
Anyway expect this playthrough a way more longer than you are used to
dead island already seems like a pretty long game. sure u can prolly speed run it by my bro and I's game is taking a while and we just started rocking the jungle a few days ago.

also does this mod include some dynamic weather or would i have to find other mods for that? also are most mods compatible with others?
HAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #2273
Argaath

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAO View Post
also does this mod include some dynamic weather or would i have to find other mods for that? also are most mods compatible with others?
I did nothing about weather, so it means, that any weather changing mod can be propably added safely and it would work together with Dawn of the Living Dead.
Compatibility of mods is generally about rewriting same source files, if two mods use same file, then it's a problem. In this case it should be alright.
Anyway feel free to let me know if there is any good dynamic weather or dynamic day/night mod - i was already thinking about adding some, but it wasn't on my priority list.

Last edited by Argaath: 02-14-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #2274
Gibbo3771

hm for some reason i can not get ANY mods to work :s

I dont have a Dead Island folder in my documents lol, I have an out folder in c:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/deadisland/out.....putting stuff in here does nothing.
Gibbo3771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #2275
cr1m3

Hi,

i saw that techland released a new techland academy for upcomming polish new developpers.

The site is called
Akademia.Techland.pl

It's a kind of developpers school and seems reserved for polish people only.

So why the chrome engine 5 and tools are reserved to polish people only?

I hope they will publish the tools for all players that bought techland games.
cr1m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #2276
demonslayer2010

anybody know what the stamina mod does not work on xian but works on all the others
demonslayer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 AM   #2277
anno1404

Post in the dead island general discussion forum

I notice that people posted questions that for 10 days have not been answered.

As I wrote on page 151:

DO NOT post a question in this 2,263 post, 151 page giant. Instead: create a new posting. At this point, if you post a question here, more likely than not, your posting will NOT be answered.

So posters, please post your questions here this will help others in the future looking for answers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonslayer2010 View Post
anybody know what the stamina mod does not work on xian but works on all the others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo3771 View Post

I dont have a Dead Island folder in my documents lol, I have an out folder in c:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/deadisland/out.....putting stuff in here does nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1m3 View Post
Hi,
So why the chrome engine 5 and tools are reserved to polish people only?
anno1404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:20 AM   #2278
SniperInABush

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenomeXP View Post
Yikes the response I've had from FOTDS has been with significantly more fervor than I thought. I was worried talking about any of the mod stuff may get people who don't otherwise know better vac banned or in other trouble with multiplayer, though seeing steam support's response has pretty much alleviated that fear.

So I've bundled and uploaded the files with a readme (for people not familiar with where modded files go):
DeadIsland_FistOfTheDeadStar_v0.2.zip

As noted in the readme it isn't going to be coming with any sound modifications as there aren't any tools or anything to reliably edit .xwb sound banks. Basically you'll get the physics you've seen. Fall damage still occurs and if it's over a certain threshold you will still die.

It's a combination of gravity change to the ragdolls, damage punch and kick multipliers in default_levels.xml, slightly lower gravity to stave off fall damage (makes you bouncy as a downside though), and health regen also to counter fall damage. It's actually not a huge change to 99999 in any of these fields or anything. Two parts in the video have the fist damage replaced with explosive damage and electric damage, that's not included in the zip or anything, I tried to keep it simple.

If someone does find a way to kill fall damage let me know, I tried everything including damage reduction, changing physics collision damage, disabling entire damage types, etc.
DOESNT WORK!!! JUST SAYS PRESS ANY BUTTON TO START, but doesnt.
SniperInABush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #2279
Argaath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo3771 View Post

try c:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/deadisland/DI/out
Old 03-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #2280
SniperInABush

I have a mod request for modders. Could somebody make a mod where shops only sell orange weapons? My thread on it:http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2582068
SniperInABush is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island