Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Old 09-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #706
jmido

Do these mods effect multiplayer matches if you're host or would everyone in the party need the mods as well? Or do they just not work for multiplayer? Thanks.
jmido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:17 AM   #707
oldbrokenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by linlin View Post
Would it be possible to fade furymetere, healthbar when they indicate that u can use fury and level up?

For moving staminabar over healthbar change in hud.xui under hudstamina position values to
<Position>100.999939,5.000000,0.000000</Position>
or something like that.

I dont know how to straighten healthbar though.
yeah how do you move the running bar and heath bar out of the way

i hate them where they are now, so distracting

kind of takes you out of the mood

i'm not sure where to put them maybe top right or lower left

does anyone have a fix please post complete details and ill post it on front page

Last edited by oldbrokenlink: 09-11-2011 at 04:24 AM.
oldbrokenlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:25 AM   #708
Rancor26

Can someone tell me the difference between 8x FSAA and 16x FSAA? Does the game support 16x and does my video card support it? I have ATI Radeon 5870 and if i want to manually turn on the anti-aliasing it only goes up to 8x, so does that mean my video card doesnt support 16x? On the other hand on AMD website in my video card specifications it says this: Up to 24x multi-sample and super-sample anti-aliasing modes

So i'm confused... does my video card support 16x or not? Can someone who knows something about this help me please?
Rancor26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #709
Jano Ris

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbrokenlink View Post
i was playing around with weather trying to help fabrock and while i could not get it to rain without the zombies freezing i was able to get gloomy overcast skies which gives the game a much better visual look. and even better the zombies work great!

so here are a screenshot of how it normally looks for me
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...&revision=true

and here is the same screenshot with overcast skies

and here is another screenshot of how it normally looks for me

and here is the same screenshot with the overcast skies

i think it's a big improvement, the game was just too sunny. with the change i think it's just about right, what is missing is the rain and we are working on it.

as arglaar pointed out it may just be the rain layers are blocking the zombies line of site
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=669

so if your interested in having overcast skyies and a gloomy feel all you have to do is
This looks awesome...can't wait to see till it is finished....Is this effect permanent right now or does it only come when it is raining. Since it would be cool if it would change depending of the fact if it is raining or not.

Also it would be nice if you could upload the screenshots on you steam profile (or some other site to upload images) next time...the google stuff is a where you have to login first and i could only see the screenshots if i downloaded them

Quote:
yeah how do you move the running bar and heath bar out of the way

i hate them where they are now, so distracting

kind of takes you out of the mood

i'm not sure where to put them maybe top right or lower left

does anyone have a fix please post complete details and ill post it on front page
Ask Drakenreiter he is working on that...I don't know if he posted how he moved it but he showed a screenshot and it looked great...i believe it was somewhere around page 30-35

Edit: Found it on page 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakenreiter View Post
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8...e201109101.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8...e201109101.jpg

So this is what I managed to do with the HUD so far. I still have to figure out where to put the currently equipped item icon and make that + the stamina bar + the fury meter stay on the screen all the time.

An idea for the location of the currently equipped item icon would be below the stamina, health, experience and fury. In that case I would move the quest progress above the circular inventory because it's only present on screen when you keep the quick inventory button pressed.

Last edited by Jano Ris: 09-11-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Jano Ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:30 AM   #710
oldbrokenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmido View Post
Do these mods effect multiplayer matches if you're host or would everyone in the party need the mods as well? Or do they just not work for multiplayer? Thanks.
if you change something like fov, blur, bloom, ect then its not too big of a deal

but it's only fair that if the mod affects gameplay that everyone be using it

otherwise you would have an unfair advantage or disadvantage depending on the mod

for other mods like increase in throwing distance i'm not totally sure what would happen when you threw something, your game would be throwing an increased distance, but what would the other players see, i'm not sure. if it goes through your code then they would see the thing amazingly being thrown a distance that they can't if it goes through their code then it would look different for you than it does for them and then their would be some inconsistency in the world view. for example you throw the bad it hits the zombie while they see you threw the bat but it falls short of the zombie.

i suggest not using mods that change gameplay unless everyone has them. else when it crashes dont blame us we dont test things much
Old 09-11-2011, 04:31 AM   #711
oldbrokenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano Ris View Post
This looks awesome...can't wait to see till it is finished....Is this effect permanent right now or does it only come when it is raining. Since it would be cool if it would change depending of the fact if it is raining or not.

Also it would be nice if you could upload the screenshots on you steam profile (or some other site to upload images) next time...the google stuff is a where you have to login first and i could only see the screenshots if i downloaded them
its gloomy all the time. basically the default is no weather so it's sunny clear skies, the mod changes it to rainy, but since there is no rain, then you just end up with gloomy overcast skies. i would recommend everyone try it it looks amazingly better than the sunny skies, spookier... goes better with the scary sounds and music...
Old 09-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #712
Imrinfected

Quote:
its in front page for enable analog mode when using keyboard and mouse,

will require that you completely map keyboard and mouse but man is it worth it, so real
I know, I'm the one that posted that originally.

Even with that, throwing weapons still locks onto objects. I realize that I could have been more clear, so I apologize for that.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:43 AM   #713
Jano Ris

Ok I just looked it up but Drakenreiter didnt show how he moved the HUD. But he said he was working on it and now that he knows how to stop it from fading I think he will say how to do it soon

Edit:
For editing the games inventory objects you can edit the Inventory.scr file in Data0/Data.
There you can for example tell the game to pick up Cola-cans and not drink them directly. Probably you can also make the Painkillers a usable object in there too, like it seems it was intended to be

Also I found a file where you can edit what damage you need to cut an arm or a leg of a zombie ( I believe it was somewhere in the Data0/Data/Physics/Ragdoll folder)and a second file where i belive you can edit if those cut parts bleed (like the head) and how much(Data0/Data/Characters/zombie_infected.bel for example). Havent tried thos though so i can't say for sure. But there is the possibility to make a more blood/gore mod.

Last edited by Jano Ris: 09-11-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:47 AM   #714
Imrinfected

I want to remove the price for repairing and creating items. I think it's silly that things like that require money and happens to be the largest cash sink in the game.

It would be nice if I could get it to require materials to repair things, but I'm sure that's not possible right now.

Does anyone have any information on this?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #715
Drakenreiter

I need to eat something first, then I'm going to work on the HUD some more. There's a lot of tweaking in that file to make it look like that so it would be easier to just upload it somwhere when it's finished.

Thanks fabrock for the stamina lines. Do you happen to know which ones are for the fury meter? I think there are more for that because it's made by more than 1 element (or I didn't find the right name for the hud element in that file). And not that I can't search for it, but if you already know how the weapon durability icon is named in that file, please tell me because I want to move that too.
Drakenreiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:04 AM   #716
Jano Ris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrinfected View Post
I want to remove the price for repairing and creating items. I think it's silly that things like that require money and happens to be the largest cash sink in the game.

It would be nice if I could get it to require materials to repair things, but I'm sure that's not possible right now.

Does anyone have any information on this?
I believe it should be possible through either editing the player skills or to change the loot and weapon damage.

you can also edit the repair and upgrade price in ever item in the Data0/Data/inventory.src
Just search line like this:
Quote:
RepairPrice(127);
UpgradePrice(860);
and change everything to
Quote:
RepairPrice(0);
UpgradePrice(0);
But i would prefer the skill tree method since you can make it cheaper or for free by only adding two lines:

Quote:
<effect id="UpgradesCostFactor" change="-0.1"/>
<effect id="WeaponRepairPriceFactor" change="-0.1"/>
Add those lines into the character that you are playing skill file .
For example for Logan it is Data0/Data/Skills/logan_skills.xml

Now you choose one of the skills of your choice. I believe that using a skill that you already have will make you get this upgrade instantly. But to be sure you should choose a skill that you will buy/upgrade the next time you level.

I will take Logans BluntApprentice skill as example and I added those lines (the ones in red)
Quote:
<skill id="BluntApprentice" cat="Tree2" max_level="1" tier="0">
<effect id="BluntWeaponsSkill" change="1"/>
<effect id="BluntDamageMul" change="0.05"/>
<effect id="MeeleBluntStaminaUsageMul" change="-0.1"/>
<effect id="BluntCriticalChance" change="0.01"/>
<effect id="UpgradesCostFactor" change="-1.0"/>
<effect id="WeaponRepairPriceFactor" change="-1.0"/>

</skill>
As you can see i changed in those lines the number from -0.1 to -1.0
I chose a skill that you can't upgrade since you don't know if upgrading it will make it 300% cheaper (what would mean that you would get double the repair price everytime you repair sth and make easy money)

I can't say for sure if this works since i took the enhancements from other characters skills, but i believe it should be working just fine

I don't really know what you want to spend your money on if not for upgrading and repairing...the merchants are pretty useless in my opinion

EDIT: I am now going through the Inputs.scr remapping my F key to C and there are some nice things in there that are deactivated...stuff like change camera in the car/QuickSave/Quickload/SoccerKick/SoccerFire/Charge/Grab/Quick keys for lobby custom and quick match/Killstreak-CallforSupport/

anyone tried out what stuff works and what not in there?

Last edited by Jano Ris: 09-11-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #717
oldbrokenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano Ris View Post
Ok I just looked it up but Drakenreiter didnt show how he moved the HUD. But he said he was working on it and now that he knows how to stop it from fading I think he will say how to do it soon

Edit:
For editing the games inventory objects you can edit the Inventory.scr file in Data0/Data.
There you can for example tell the game to pick up Cola-cans and not drink them directly. Probably you can also make the Painkillers a usable object in there too, like it seems it was intended to be

Also I found a file where you can edit what damage you need to cut an arm or a leg of a zombie ( I believe it was somewhere in the Data0/Data/Physics/Ragdoll folder)and a second file where i belive you can edit if those cut parts bleed (like the head) and how much(Data0/Data/Characters/zombie_infected.bel for example). Havent tried thos though so i can't say for sure. But there is the possibility to make a more blood/gore mod.

could you create a mod where items like soda, fruit, candy bars are not automatically eaten and are instead added to inventory for later eating

if so, please post details of what you did, files and locations

thanks
Old 09-11-2011, 05:49 AM   #718
Redronn

Does anyone know how to increase weapon durability?
Redronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #719
NightLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redronn View Post
Does anyone know how to increase weapon durability?
I'm looking into it, but I think the best way to do this probably is not to increase durability but to actually decrease durability loss per hit? Although I think it is probably better if we do not overdo it to preserve the RPG aspect.
NightLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:04 AM   #720
Jano Ris

Pick up food mod

For this Mod you will want to edit the Data0/Data/inventory.src.
Open it in Notepad++ click Strg+F and search for UseOnPickUp(true)
and change it to UseOnPickUp(false)
If you leave it like this each food you pick up will use one slot of your inventory.
If you want to change that, 10 lines above each of the UseOnPickUp lines will be the line: MaxStackCount(1)
Change the 1 to any number you like. If for example you change it to MaxStackCount(10) than you will be able to stack 10 cans, or 10 apples or 10 snack bars in one slot.

After you have finished save the file to Documents\DeadIsland\out\Data
You will only be able to use it if you are not at full health and you can use it like any medkit with the Health key (Default is H i think)

For modding other stuff that changes gameplay like Damage Resistance/skills per level/drop probability of orange weapons/giving alcohol some use/WeaponDurability... go to this post of mine
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...&postcount=611

Last edited by Jano Ris: 09-11-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island