Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Old 09-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #781
Jano Ris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakenreiter View Post
No, there's nothing messed up that way, it simply doesn't work, it doesn't change anything.
This might be a lot of work but you could also simply change the effects of her skills to your desires...it works the same way as the modification i posted before about adding weapondurability or no weaponrepair/upgrade cost
Jano Ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #782
Wanny1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano Ris View Post
your first link doesn't work for me correctly...it brings me to the forum main page not to the post.

Try if extracting this into your Documents/Out folder helps
http://www.file-upload.net/download-...eeding.7z.html
Well it didn't work but thanks for trying seriously. I'm just gonna fill a bug report somewhere...
Wanny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #783
Drakenreiter

Anyway, can you help me finish the HUD guys? As I said, the character switching thing is not a priority.
Drakenreiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #784
Cat-Tank

I can't get the money Penalty On Death to work ether I changed it to 0. am I doing something wrong? I put durability to -10 and killed 2 zombies and my axe was at like 83% I want to make it something like 10kills = 1-3% off. but I don't see any change. I'm going to try like -100 to see if its at lest working.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #785
Jano Ris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat-Tank View Post
I can't get the money Penalty On Death to work ether I changed it to 0. am I doing something wrong? I put durability to -10 and killed 2 zombies and my axe was at like 83% I want to make it something like 10kills = 1-3% off. but I don't see any change. I'm going to try like -100 to see if its at lest working.
if Penalty on Death doesn't work than there is probably sth wrong with your path and all changes won't do anything.

copy your file path and paste it here
Old 09-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #786
Jano Ris

Quote:
Anyway, can you help me finish the HUD guys? As I said, the character switching thing is not a priority.
what do you still need to do? the fury meter and i believe the weapon health right?

I would help if i knew how to find out what line is for what Hud element.
There are like 100 or more HideHud elements...doing and changing them all to ShowHud will probably break the game
Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #787
Drakenreiter

Quote:
what do you still need to do? the fury meter and i believe the weapon health right?

There are like 100 or more HideHud elements...doing and changing them all to ShowHud will probably break the game
Yeah, I need to make the fury meter to stay on screen at all times and I need to fix that flickering for the weapon durability icon. Other than that, I think it's done.

Here's my current HUD.xui file: http://www.mediafire.com/?66aap37b2b3v673

If you or somebody else can finish it for me, please. Maybe you could see if it works on different resolutions at least.

Last edited by Drakenreiter: 09-11-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #788
fabrock

Quote:

Open the HUD.xui in notepad++ then click Language - XML

That will help with the formatting a fair bit. As far as finding out what each hud element is. Just search for <id>Hud and then scroll down and look for the nearest HideHud. If you see another <id>Hud... then chances are the above element doesn't have a HideHud.

That's how Nadger and I managed to find all the right HideHud for Fury/Health and Weapon Durability.

If you don't know what <id>Hud you're looking for go through them and change any HideHud to ShowHud and the EndHideHud to EndShowHud then boot up the game to see what is now a permanent fixture of the HUD.

Nadger initially went through the HUD.xui and removed all the hidehud, <opacity>0.0 and <prop>0.0 and this was the result (http://i.imgur.com/qnmtB.jpg). :P

Drakenreiter if you're trying to make the Furymeter not fade this is Nadger's method:

HUD.xui
Find Line #25357
Change it from: <Name>HideHud</Name>
To: <Name>ShowHud</Name>

Find Line #25361
Change it from: <Name>EndHideHud</Name>
To: <Name>EndShowHud</Name>

Anyways I am off to bed, if you still need help tomorrow Drakenreiter I will help out.

Last edited by fabrock: 09-11-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #789
Drakenreiter

I went to those lines, but they're already on ShowHud, respectively EndShowHud.

Also, did anyone look into disabling the limits of the playable area?

Last edited by Drakenreiter: 09-11-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #790
scubs

anyone figure a way to disable bobbing or bobbing while swinging a weapon?
scubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #791
Nadger

Quote:
Thx for the update this seems to be a better method to stop it fading away.

Also some guys trying to change the HUD wanted to know how you managed to figure out what Fade line was linked to the Health bar in your previous method. would be nice to know how you did it.
i searched for words i thought may help me find it like "player" and i found 2 ID's showing H_players, so i changed their timeline's fade commands to stop it perviously.

Similar method this time but with notepad++ i could more easily find the parent window and stop the command from even going out.

Quote:
For Weapon Durability you mean line #11835 and #11839 don't you?
Yep, good catch, ill fix that.

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Can you tell me what lines belong to the stamina bar and the fury meter because I want to do the same thing with those. I can finally finish that HUD "mod" if you do that.

Also, when you keep the quick inventory key pressed the weapon durability icon goes crazy, it keeps fading in and fading out really quickly.
I wish notepad ++'s line numbers wouldnt mess up when it reaches 5 digits, have to look at the bottom status bar to get the right line number without anything cut off ;p

Anyway fury meter line # should be 23561 & 23565

Stamina should be line # 11573 & 11577

Ill have to check out the quick inventory bug, I have mine bound to wheel down so it just changes my weapon instead of bringing up that circle. So never noticed

-------------------------

Ill post a writeup on how to make more sense of this gigantic file.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #792
Jano Ris

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrock View Post
Open the HUD.xui in notepad++ then click Language - XML

That will help with the formatting a fair bit. As far as finding out what each hud element is. Just search for <id>Hud and then scroll down and look for the nearest HideHud. If you see another <id>Hud... then chances are the above element doesn't have a HideHud.

That's how Nadger and I managed to find all the right HideHud for Fury/Health and Weapon Durability.

If you don't know what <id>Hud you're looking for go through them and change any HideHud to ShowHud and the EndHideHud to EndShowHud then boot up the game to see what is now a permanent fixture of the HUD.

Nadger initially went through the HUD.xui and removed all the hidehud, <opacity>0.0 and <prop>0.0 and this was the result (http://i.imgur.com/qnmtB.jpg). :P

Drakenreiter if you're trying to make the Furymeter not fade this is Nadger's method:

HUD.xui
Find Line #25357
Change it from: <Name>HideHud</Name>
To: <Name>ShowHud</Name>

Find Line #25361
Change it from: <Name>EndHideHud</Name>
To: <Name>EndShowHud</Name>

Anyways I am off to bed, if you still need help tomorrow Drakenreiter I will help out.
Thx must have been quite some work...there are 31 HideHud in this file.

But are all those HideHuds linked to the <ID>Hud that came before them? Or are they linked to the <ID> that comes before it. I guess if it is the <ID>Hud than you knew could sort out those where you knew that you weren't searching for them like the <ID>HudFlashlight for example

EDIT: Just saw Nadgers post..that explains it thx

Last edited by Jano Ris: 09-11-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #793
ChocoBalls

Banned
I've tweaked the game graphics as far as I can tweak them, but I'm still getting horrible-looking 16-bit textures, specifically in shadows or in darker areas of the game. Anybody know how to fix this?
ChocoBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #794
Phreeflo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBalls View Post
I've tweaked the game graphics as far as I can tweak them, but I'm still getting horrible-looking 16-bit textures, specifically in shadows or in darker areas of the game. Anybody know how to fix this?
Put your gamma back to normal.

You probably used the "test image" they put in the beginning of the game to set it, but the image is the wrong brightness, making you put the gamma waaaay to high.

This results in some terribad looking color-banding in the shadows and such which is what you're probably seeing.

Nice that the "helper" image actually breaks the graphics.
Phreeflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #795
Drakenreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadger View Post
Anyway fury meter line # should be 23561 & 23565

Stamina should be line # 11573 & 11577

Ill have to check out the quick inventory bug, I have mine bound to wheel down so it just changes my weapon instead of bringing up that circle. So never noticed
I changed those, the fury meter still doesn't stay on screen. Maybe you can take my modified file and try to fix it yourself, if you want to, of course. I put a mediafire link for it on the other page.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island