Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Old 09-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
fundraiser

Cant fill Gasoline tanks with gasoline

i saw a lets play or something where they could actually LOOK DOWN while holding a gasoline tank and they could hit the action thingy with their cursor but now theres nothing i can do about it and i cant filldi tWTF TO DO!!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Keylawler

There's a quest at one point that requires you to fill up a gas canister and take it to someone to burn bodies - that's the only time you do it. Any other time you get a quest to bring someone gas canisters, they are alrdy filled with the gas as you can tell by the sound of liquid sloshing around on the inside.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
fundraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylawler View Post
There's a quest at one point that requires you to fill up a gas canister and take it to someone to burn bodies - that's the only time you do it. Any other time you get a quest to bring someone gas canisters, they are alrdy filled with the gas as you can tell by the sound of liquid sloshing around on the inside.
no ffs its the burn the bodies quest and YOU CANT ING FILL THIS
fundraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
Freefall

For the quests were you have to fill the gasoline there's usually a silhouette of a gas can that you need to place the empty ones inside, then activate a switch nearby.
Freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
fundraiser

no literly i try placing the ing thing to fill it with ing gas and theres nothing you can do. nothing. it doesnt work and wont let me fill it with oil/gasoline whatever
Old 09-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
UOGSammich

You sit the tank in the silhouette and defend yourself from the waves of infected, after that scripted attack is over the tank is filled.

Last edited by UOGSammich: 09-10-2011 at 02:23 PM.
UOGSammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #7
Plagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundraiser View Post
no literly i try placing the ing thing to fill it with ing gas and theres nothing you can do. nothing. it doesnt work and wont let me fill it with oil/gasoline whatever
did you try turning the pumps on?

you need to be on the quest. if its the 2nd quest where you need to get gas for the guys generator, the cans already have gas in them.
Plagues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
Ruges

When I did this quest. after I turned the pumps on (they need to have the green light), you turn it on building you climb into via the roof. carry a gas can over to the pumps. facing the pumps with the building behind you, the front left pump will have a silloute of a gas can. once you get close to it you will get the option to place the can there (the key here is to be holding the can). once it is placed on the ground in the designated spot, you then get the option to start pumping the pump. Which you have to hold the button continuously for it to fill the can. Once that is done you can pick the can back up and it will appear full. which you can place in the back of the truck.

Yea when I first did this quest I had a slight problem too. I had my truck, got 4 empty tanks and put them in the back of the truck, went over to the pumps. walked around a bit to see how I could begin pumping. then I figured I needed one of the cans. so got it out of the truck walked up to the pump. no option to do anything. sat it down next to the pump thinking thats what I needed to do. then i picked it up and threw it at the pumps a few times. And thats when I figured out what I needed to do as I posted above.
Ruges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
fundraiser

no for s sake THERE IS NOOOO SILLUETTE. WHAT IS IT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. ive turned on all pumps and opened all gates killed ze boss and i cant start the scripted attack FAWK
Old 09-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
nkSharp

I didn't even have to stay for the attack in my game. I got the gas, loaded it into the truck and drove off.
nkSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
UOGSammich

You're the one being unclear kid, how about not being so mad about it?
UOGSammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
fundraiser

l2read. theres no sillioutte
Old 09-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #13
CTAsasin

I'm curious how many ways "silhouette" can be spelled ITT (not directed at anyone in particular, just by skimming the messages).
CTAsasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
fundraiser

Sihullete
Old 09-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #15
adnaP olleH

Silhoote.
adnaP olleH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island