Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series

Old 09-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Brumbek

Post [PATCH] DoD 1.3 and Venice 2.1 File Download

Hi DoD/Anno fans,

As we know, Steam is stuck at version 1.2 of DoD and version 2.0 of Venice.

Bladway posted his manual patch for Venice 2.1, which works great. I've finally taken the time to compile an archive that has both the Venice 2.1 patch and DoD 1.3 patch.

Just download this 4Shared file and unpack it to your steamapps\common\dawn of discovery\ folder. Simply as pie.

Also get it from my DropBox here.

Patch notes for DoD v1.3 and for Venice v2.1.

How to Verify the Patches: Load the game and notice the version number listed at the bottom left of the main menu screen just under "Quit". The following are the updated 1.3 and 2.1 version numbers:

DoD 1.3 v1.03.3650
Venice 2.1 v2.01.5010

Now you can also enjoy a fully patched DoD along with Venice. No more save game corruption bug. Too bad Steam can't just use this patch archive to update the game for everyone...then they can start selling the game again perhaps.

Last edited by Brumbek: 10-07-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added patch notes links, add verison numbers, dropbox
Old 09-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
killersweeks

Thanks for posting. Has anyone tried this out, does it work?
killersweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
ravage386

Any patch notes? I honestly didn't even know there was a newer version.

Steam's great, but I hate when things fall through the cracks due to flaky publishers...
ravage386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #4
skyesfury

Going to try this out tonight and over the next few days. I'll post back about the saved game error (which is primarily what I wanted the patch for...).

As for patch notes...

http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...5/m/8711071498

That should link the Anno English forums' stickied post about the patch.
skyesfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
Brumbek

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersweeks View Post
Thanks for posting. Has anyone tried this out, does it work?
I've tried it out. I've been playing using it for a long time now.

Patch notes for DoD v1.3 and for Venice v2.1.

Anyway, this package will work perfectly for all Steam users and even all Retail/Gold version users. I give my 100% guarantee. So nobody better say doesn't work!
Brumbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
skyesfury

Over 26 hours on a single map now. Best I could do before was MAYBE 18 hours due to the Save Game error.

One note, however, for Steam users: When you start the game, the version will not display as 1.3/2.1, but if you followed Brumbek's instructions, it is updated.

Thank you, Brumbek. I can FINALLY enjoy this masterpiece the way it was meant to be played. I have so many more goals to work toward now that I can play past the 18 hour mark. lol
skyesfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #7
Brumbek

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
Over 26 hours on a single map now. Best I could do before was MAYBE 18 hours due to the Save Game error.

One note, however, for Steam users: When you start the game, the version will not display as 1.3/2.1, but if you followed Brumbek's instructions, it is updated.
Very glad to hear you enjoying it.

However, you most definitely should see the updated version numbers on the main menu screens. Those numbers are taken directly from the .exe file. I think the confusion is the version numbers have extra digits.

The proper 1.3 and 2.1 version numbers are:

DoD 1.3 v1.03.3650
Venice 2.1 v2.01.5010

Your old Steam 1.2 and 2.0 version numbers would be:

DoD 1.2 v1.02.2616
Venice 2.0 v2.00.5008

Please double-check. If you've installed my manual package correctly you'll have first set of numbers for 100% certain.

Last edited by Brumbek: 09-21-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: fixed DoD 1.2 version number
Old 10-08-2011, 02:39 AM   #8
Fruitmand

Thanks for this, the manual patch didnt work for me for some reason but this one is working!

Cheers !
Fruitmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #9
camelkaze

Gorgeous! This should be shown to someone who is responsible for Anno getting out of Steam!
camelkaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:59 AM   #10
Marleyman

How to Verify the Patches: Load the game and notice the version number listed at the bottom left of the main menu screen just under "Quit". The following are the updated 1.3 and 2.1 version numbers:

DoD 1.3 v1.03.3650
Venice 2.1 v2.01.5010

My game is Version Number, Venice 2.1 v2.01.5010 without this patch. So I guess Steam have the latest version now because I have not downloaded this patch from any other site.

Patch notes in the game folder ahve this; ANNO 1404 - Patch Notes 1.3

The most important changes in overview:
- A bug in the save routine could prevent games from being saved correctly on some systems or system configurations. Related Designs would like to thank the community at this pointfor their outstanding support, without which we could never have repaired this error. In particular, we would like to thank "Matt McCorman" for his active support, as well as all the users from the community who voluntarily contributed both their PC's and their time. We were finally able to localize and correct the error. As a result, no more faulty saves should be generated.

- A warning is generated when the physical memory (RAM) has reached a critical fill or defragmentation status. The instructions in the text message should be followed. If the message appears frequently, lowering the texture and object quality in the game options can often lead to a significant improvement.

Further changes:
- Until now, players were able to avoid having to pay for the extension of the Corsair Pact by proposing fraternization. This option was removed, so now the player must now either pay, or deal with the consequences.
-The probability of receiving the items "Excellent Hanseatic League Master Builder" or "Imperial Cathedral Master Builder" has been increased.

-If a hidden mission is not detected, no messages stating that the mission failed will be generated.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the launch of user-scenario savegames on other computers.

-Selecting a portrait exclusive to the ANNO 1404 - Venice AddOn could lead to errors when playing ANNO 1404. This bug has been corrected.

Achievements:
-The "The disloyal Assistant III" quest didn't spawn any blockade ships. This prevented completion of the quest chain, preventing players from attaining the "Everything has it's price" achievement. This bug has been corrected.

-Hekata was not offering the "The fourth sister (I-III)" quest chain. This prevented completion of the quest chain, preventing players from attaining the "The might of the three" achievement. This bug has been corrected.

-Marie d'Artois was not offering the "Journey into the past (I-IV)" quest chain. This prevented completion of the quest chain, preventing players from attaining the "You all owe me a favor" achievement. This bug has been corrected.
Marleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Brumbek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleyman View Post
My game is Version Number, Venice 2.1 v2.01.5010 without this patch. So I guess Steam have the latest version now because I have not downloaded this patch from any other site.
Are you 100% sure you purchased the Steam version of Venice? Meaning you actually bought it through Steam? Please let me know.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
B33 ENN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumbek View Post
Are you 100% sure you purchased the Steam version of Venice? Meaning you actually bought it through Steam? Please let me know.
I bought this game in a sale last year, I believe, but have never got around to playing it. (Mine is the UK version "Anno 1404" plus the Venice add-on.)

Looking into it now (after noticing it is not currently for sale on Steam for some reason) I heard about this patching fiasco with the Steam version being apparently out of date.

Reading this thread I'm confused because I haven't applied any patch myself, this is the game as downloaded from Steam, and my "Anno4.exe" and "Addon.exe" file versions are 1.3.3650.0 and 2.1.5010.0, respectively.

So is the Steam version up-to-date now?

Last edited by B33 ENN: 12-14-2011 at 07:35 PM.
B33 ENN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
Brumbek

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33 ENN View Post
So is the Steam version up-to-date now?
Hmm, maybe. Who knows. Maybe they finally updated it on the Anno 1404 EUR side...but for my Dawn of Discovery USA version, Steam has never updated it. I had to do this manual patch.

Anyway, this whole thing is a disaster. It's total insanity that Ubisoft can't work things out with Valve. They are losing lots of sales over these few years. If they sold Anno 1404 again and put it on sale for $5 as special sale, it would sell a lot.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
B33 ENN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumbek View Post
Hmm, maybe. Who knows. Maybe they finally updated it on the Anno 1404 EUR side...but for my Dawn of Discovery USA version, Steam has never updated it ...this whole thing is a disaster. It's total insanity that Ubisoft can't work things out with Valve...
Indeed, and what confuses things more is that on the Steam News page for "Product Updates" there is no mention of any update since 2009! This leads me to believe that this whole thing is due to them using a different name (DoD) elsewhere and not having updated game files for that version.

If they'd stuck to Anno 1404 worldwide, then there may not have been an issue, because my possibly up-to-date game .exe files have not been changed since January, which is on or about when I first downloaded the game after buying in the Christmas Sale last year. Still, very odd they can update one and not the other...

Anyway, nice work on the patch and your Wiki efforts... finding it very useful.
B33 ENN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #15
Brumbek

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33 ENN View Post
Anyway, nice work on the patch and your Wiki efforts... finding it very useful.
Yeah, it is what it is. Anno has never faired well in the branding and marketing areas. Glad my patch and the Wiki are helpful. Anno 1404 is truly one of the greatest games ever made to be sure.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Anno series