Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 09-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
Blue Lightning

No Tanks? No Sale

Being a tanker and a member of a tank clan over at Darkest Hour, I gotta say that RO:2 having just two tanks is damn dissapointing, to say the least. No sale here.

What's worse is most of our members are playing RO:2 which is killing our tank servers over at DH. They'll get tierd of running around with a rifle soon enough. But, what a waste.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
fedaykin6

Banned
No, they won't get tired. RO2 is too good.
I don't know why you were expecting a tank simulator when that clearly isn't the case.
fedaykin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
4GibMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lightning View Post
Being a tanker and a member of a tank clan over at Darkest Hour, I gotta say that RO:2 having just two tanks is damn dissapointing, to say the least. No sale here.

What's worse is most of our members are playing RO:2 which is killing our tank servers over at DH. They'll get tierd of running around with a rifle soon enough. But, what a waste.
You may be in luck, as of the last patch TWI through balance and realism out the window, by giving every assault class on the axis a MKB 42. Which make the MP 40 look like an air soft gun. The Russians as always just got screwed. A new tank for you, it's called RO2, tank as in it's going to TANK.
4GibMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #4
w00ties

I'm pretty sure they'll be releasing more tanks.
w00ties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Blue Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedaykin6 View Post
No, they won't get tired. RO2 is too good.
I don't know why you were expecting a tank simulator when that clearly isn't the case.
Mabye because Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour made a damn fine tank sim which set RO apart from the other 10,000 WWII shooters? Logic would dictate that RO:HOS would follow up with more tank sim action, even the main focus on tank sim action. But, no dice.
Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
Omerta

Soon enough the development kit will be available and infantry solders will join the new maps through the game and flame the boards like.'

WTF... Saw a new map and all it took me a full two minutes to dl and all it was is bs tanks. WTF I want a refound imediattly !!!!
Omerta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
fedaykin6

Banned
RO was never a tank sim any more than Battlefield is a tank sim.
fedaykin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Blue Lightning

No? I can tell you that there were an awful lot of tanks released in Red Orchestra for it not to be considered a "tank sim". In fact I will say that the tank servers at DH are the most visited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GibMe View Post
You may be in luck, as of the last patch TWI through balance and realism out the window, by giving every assault class on the axis a MKB 42. Which make the MP 40 look like an air soft gun. The Russians as always just got screwed. A new tank for you, it's called RO2, tank as in it's going to TANK.
LOL I agree.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Monkeydrummer

What do you mean by two tanks? Tank types? There's a tank match that has no infantry at all and is nothing but tanks. If you mean tank types, there's more on the way.
Monkeydrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
Raquel

It takes 3 months to make a tank since their interiors are fully modeled, there will be more, and they will be free, what else do you want ?

whats the point of making a thread saying you wont buy the game, i rly dont get this forum
Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
Stungray

I agree with you on it being a shame they didn't get more tanks out, but I understand that it would have taken a ton more work on their part. Considering the current state of the game I'm REALLY glad they didn't put more effort in making more tanks. Assuming everything gets fixed, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lifetime of epic tank mods in the near future.
Stungray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
Blue Lightning

I'm hoping that players will stop playing this *stuff* because meanwhile our DH servers are hemmoraging players over to this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydrummer View Post
What do you mean by two tanks? Tank types? There's a tank match that has no infantry at all and is nothing but tanks. If you mean tank types, there's more on the way.
Yeah I mean "types".+

BTW, is the Panzer IV and T-34 tank engine sounds as bad as in the beta versions?

Last edited by Blue Lightning: 09-15-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
Raquel

lmao

dream on, its time for you to move on.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #14
Monkeydrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lightning View Post
I'm hoping that players will stop playing this *stuff* because meanwhile our DH servers are hemmoraging players over to this game.

Yeah I mean "types".+

BTW, is the Panzer IV and T-34 tank engine sounds as bad as in the beta versions?
Sorry I can't say because I never played the beta. I was in a tank match and they look really nice on the inside and sounded fine, but I'm not much of a tank person tbh.
Monkeydrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
phertiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquel View Post
whats the point of making a thread saying you wont buy the game, i rly dont get this forum
Dammit, you really need to warn people when you're going to say something so funny and truthful. I just spit soda all over my keyboard.
phertiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad