Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #31
- RÍveur -
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 28
Thumbs up

GREAT MOD!

But could you please make different Spawn versions?
Actually, it just feels strange to have 100 zombies not even able to move, stuck one in the others.

Maybe make a X10 or X20 instead of X100 version?
Thanks a lot for your work.

Last edited by - RÍveur -: 09-18-2011 at 05:49 AM.
- RÍveur - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:52 AM   #32
Bitter Aspect
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 16
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by - RÍveur - View Post
GREAT MOD!

But could you please make different Spawn versions?
Actually, it just feels strange to have 100 zombies not even able to move, stuck one in the others.

Maybe make a X10 or X20 instead of X100 version?
Thanks a lot for your work.
What he said.
And make a version with the default FoV?
Bitter Aspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #33
wardrop (FoE)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by - RÍveur - View Post
GREAT MOD!

But could you please make different Spawn versions?
Actually, it just feels strange to have 100 zombies not even able to move, stuck one in the others.

Maybe make a X10 or X20 instead of X100 version?
Thanks a lot for your work.
Tell ya what ill do.. Ill make one that does 25 zombies instead of 100.

I figured out how to do the durability ill put them on the main first page in pieces Its tedious so its going to take some time.
wardrop (FoE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #34
VampLena
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 44
Posts: 577
This is a great mod, zombies were definatly too few in number, but someone really needs to find a way to lower their levels, to compensate for the numbers. Going up against 100x Zombies when they level scale is beyond annoyingly impossible.
VampLena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #35
wardrop (FoE)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampLena View Post
This is a great mod, zombies were definatly too few in number, but someone really needs to find a way to lower their levels, to compensate for the numbers. Going up against 100x Zombies when they level scale is beyond annoyingly impossible.
nah i solo them by normal means.. but its not easy.
wardrop (FoE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #36
wardrop (FoE)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 49
OK NEW UPDATE UP!!!!

NEW updates up use the same install method drop in out folder like it says in the main post and overwrite when it asks. REREAD THE MAIN POST>!!

enjoy.

And enjoy the new durability on the weapons...
wardrop (FoE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #37
Bitter Aspect
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 16
Posts: 264
Can you please make that 25 zombie thing as that dude said? And do they only spawn at quests, or is there more in general? Please also make that mod with the default fov, thanks!
Bitter Aspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #38
wardrop (FoE)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter Aspect View Post
Can you please make that 25 zombie thing as that dude said? And do they only spawn at quests, or is there more in general? Please also make that mod with the default fov, thanks!
You didnt read the main post.
wardrop (FoE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #39
LazyAmerican
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 16
Anyway you could upload this mod without the weapon durability tweaks? Or explain to me in super laymens terms how to edit those values because I like most everything in the vanilla game. I simply want massive spawns without being limited to act 1 and 2.
LazyAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #40
Obdulio
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 3
Posts: 52
Thanks for the 25x version hopefully this one wont crash the game. 100x was awesome but it kept crashing like Fallout 3 and New Vegas @.@
Obdulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #41
wardrop (FoE)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyAmerican View Post
Anyway you could upload this mod without the weapon durability tweaks? Or explain to me in super laymens terms how to edit those values because I like most everything in the vanilla game. I simply want massive spawns without being limited to act 1 and 2.
The spawns are for all acts not just one or two,heres how to do default durability, in the default_levels xml file that ive included go to:
Open "default_levels.xml in notepad find line:

<prop n="BluntWpnDurabilityLoss" v="-50.0"/> or what ever the value is and change it to
<prop n="BluntWpnDurabilityLoss" v="1.0"/>
do the same with the cut weapon section
<prop n="CutWpnDurabilityLoss" v="-50.0"/>
change to
<prop n="CutWpnDurabilityLoss" v="1.0"/>

save and your done.

Last edited by wardrop (FoE): 09-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.
wardrop (FoE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #42
wardrop (FoE)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obdulio View Post
Thanks for the 25x version hopefully this one wont crash the game. 100x was awesome but it kept crashing like Fallout 3 and New Vegas @.@

Yea i havent experienced it, but others were, mainly due to them using the dev cheat dll and its files. That file really screws with the performance of the game badly.
wardrop (FoE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #43
LazyAmerican
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 16
Sweet thanks...also I noticed the sniper rifle ammo...so I guess we can expect some DLC at some point.
LazyAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #44
Maxunit
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Reputation: 27
Posts: 481
Version 1.3 is to much, to be honest. I tried the Safeguard House quest (cleaning it and reporting back to Sinamoi) and I had a load (like over a few thousand already) of zombies before I was even close to get it finished and way to many thugs.

I will try out the "25 zombie per spawn" version and see, if this is better. The 100 version is just to much in my opinion :P
Maxunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #45
- RÍveur -
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 28
Thanks for new update, trying this now
- RÍveur - is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.