Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Atari > Tycoon City: New York

Old 09-17-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
Laslon

Red face AVG says TCNY.exe is TROJAN horse!!

My AVG Free says that a number of files in my steam version of Tycoon city new york are Trojan Horses. I cant find any help to either making it work or getting my money back.
Can anybody give me any advice. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
darkcith

Yes I have the same problem steam needs to stop selling games that do not work I.e our have issues a virus in the app files shoot this game should have never made it to the steam sales page meaning they shouldn't be selling a game that has a virus If something isn't done soon I'm just gonna go to the BBB post a compliant because no offence but steam in my experiences has been bad about selling games that do not work the virus on the game issue tops the cake this is so wrong
darkcith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
racin36er

same problem

Same problem here, too. When I installed it and tried to run it, I got an error from Steam that it wasnt available - followed then by AVG warning me that 2 .exe's are infected with "Generic19.ADLM".

I uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure (and partially following Steam's troubleshooting steps for the "not available" message - to no avail.

Does anyone know how to contact Atari for a refund? I can't get their website to let me register an account (register page never responds), and I'd like to avoid contacting my credit card company to reverse the charge.

I can't believe Steam doesn't filter this stuff before they start selling. It's rather disappointing, and definitely changed my opinion on Steam. It may be a different story if they helped their customers get refunds in these types of situations - but instead I have to jump through hoops for anything not produced by Valve. Pretty lame.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
XxTheZombiezxX

I see steam going to court for this. Same with Atari. I mean, selling a computer game that doesn't work and has a virus???? Someone with the money to take action is gonna have a field day with this one.

I got through to putting in a support ticket. If I hear anything I'll let you know. I demanded that the game was fixed(no virus and working), or I get my money back. If they don't want to do either, then well. I'll let the legal system sort out this mess. >.> Of course I'm broke and can't actually make it to getting a lawsuit against them, but as said, someone is bound to.

Last edited by XxTheZombiezxX: 10-28-2011 at 06:57 AM.
XxTheZombiezxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
XxTheZombiezxX

So, I got a reply finally after fighting with them. They claim the game issues is not there fault, it's steams. Also, if any of us(me is who they directed to, but I'm sure anyone with the same problem applies) want a refund, it's steam's problem not there's. Yup, they just lost a customer. Sorry guys, we have to blame steam for the game not working right.
XxTheZombiezxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Wighar

I have been talking to some players that bought the game via other digital distributors and their executables are clean... so whatever has steam done to their release of Tycoon City New York to make it detect a trojan in them?

Valve, you have had almost a year to fix this issue since first poster and I hope you do something about this, think about it, if games you sell cant be trusted, then where will customers go?
Wighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Metamorp

Chances are, it doesn't have a virus. So many times AVG has told me that different programs are viruses, and other scanners that I use (Plus some searching around in the files) are coming up with nothing. The way the game is coded, plus how it runs, could have set off AVG.

However, I'm extremely unhappy with purchasing this over Steam. The Steam copy of this game is horridly glitched, and it doesn't work properly. I've been trying for ages, bouncing between Atari and DR Studios with attempting to fix it... Really, Steam should take this game down and re-upload one that works, and for those who bought it (like us) should get a free update of a working version.

Perhaps if we email Steam and alert them of how faulty this copy this, maybe something can get done...

However, I'm almost 100% that this game did not come packaged with a virus.
Metamorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #8
Wighar

Indeed it was not delivered with the error, I pitched out and bought a CD from a store that still had a few of them, it worked right out of the box, no issues what-so-ever.
Wighar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Atari > Tycoon City: New York