Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 09-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Steeljubei

How many AT nades does it take to kill a tank?

Just wondering. Had times when a single nade to the front is insta-kill to a fresh tank. Other times I have hit the tank in the rear with one, and emptied my AT rifle into the rear and it barely dented it. I think maybe the turrent is a weak spot? maybe better then hitting the rear? anyone know for sure?

Old 09-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
zzcitizen_snips

300-299 AT grenades
zzcitizen_snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
coolman20012

it needs a LOT too many, i started at AT and took the ammo of a fallen AT guy, emptied the whole ammo on a tank, every bullet made the "plink"-sound, tank not even slightly damaged... if you are an AT guy and have the disadvantage of running slower etc it should need 2 mags into a tank (which are much too OP with their sniper MGs... in reality they had a 10cm-slit to see stuff and they had to turn the tower MANUALLY by a crank...) til it blows up, otherwise an AT rifle is just another kind of sniper/MG.

Last edited by coolman20012: 09-20-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
Garaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman20012 View Post
it needs a LOT too many, i started at AT and took the ammo of a fallen AT guy, emptied the whole ammo on a tank, every bullet made the "plink"-sound, tank not even slightly damaged... if you are an AT guy and run slower etc it should need 2 mags into a tank til it blows up, otherwise an AT rifle is just another kind of sniper/MG.
they're talking about the grenades and it's not hard to kill a tank with AT rifle if you're hitting in the right spots or lucky shots.
Garaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
icht

It depends. A damaged tank goes in one. A full tank goes in two. As for the Anti-Tank Rifle, refer to these images:

Remember, you're trying to hit an object behind the armor. You're not trying to hit the armor itself. Adjust for your angles. Generally, when the rifle's round impacts and creates a small explosion, it is doing some damage. If the round merely bounces off or causes a white spark, it's being ignored.
icht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Mistah_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by icht View Post
It depends. A damaged tank goes in one. A full tank goes in two. As for the Anti-Tank Rifle, refer to these images:

Remember, you're trying to hit an object behind the armor. You're not trying to hit the armor itself. Adjust for your angles. Generally, when the rifle's round impacts and creates a small explosion, it is doing some damage. If the round merely bounces off or causes a white spark, it's being ignored.
Those are beautiful.
Where'd you find them?
+1 for you
Old 09-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
Skulls n Guns

Quote:

Pictures Saved.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
R5CYA

Banned
hey! those are my desktop! lol!
R5CYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #9
Heids24

I've taken out a tank with one AT nade. Not sure if that's typical or if it was a lucky shot though.
Heids24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
icht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah_S View Post
Those are beautiful.
Where'd you find them?
+1 for you
http://www.redorchestragame.com/inde...13_sectionid=2
Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
Steeljubei

Quote:

Nice this explains a lot thanks!
No wonder I always aimed for the german turret-seems like hitting the ammo is pretty easy with the rifle!

Last edited by Steeljubei: 09-20-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #12
BuckarooBanzai

seems as good of a place as any other to ask, am I the only one who uses satchel charges against infantry? I havnt been killed by one yet...but I have done much killing with them. I have the most fun sneaking behind enemy lines and toss them behind guys as they camp windows and I continue on my way to the next room over with other guys camping windows.
BuckarooBanzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
Obersti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckarooBanzai View Post
seems as good of a place as any other to ask, am I the only one who uses satchel charges against infantry? I havnt been killed by one yet...but I have done much killing with them. I have the most fun sneaking behind enemy lines and toss them behind guys as they camp windows and I continue on my way to the next room over with other guys camping windows.
3KG packs are so much fun. too bad that there aren't that many maps that support secondary objectives to blow stuff up yet.

it is fun to blow ¨defenders¨ with the pack (LET THE GIBLETS FLY) but i have destroyed 2 tanks with them too, also when attacking this AT gun bunker on one map engineers get an secondary to blow the door for easier access and i got 3 kills from blowing the door and the defenders close to it XD
Obersti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #14
FoX_D3ff3nd3R

can the AT rifle hit people inside the tank?
FoX_D3ff3nd3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #15
icht

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoX_D3ff3nd3R View Post
can the AT rifle hit people inside the tank?
Yeah.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad