Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic

Old 09-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
C80

Banned
Impulse makes Steam and Origin look like Gods

I was complaining about Origin until I finally dealt with Impulse for the first time. I have literally attempted to order twice from them and both times had long waits for their "email" to say the purchase has been successful. They make you wait for the email before you can have the game. Then, the first time it was cancelled for NO reason at all. The charge is still in my banks authorization area. I acted like a fool and tried again and am still waiting for the email to tell me the the game is ready to download...

For anyone who complains about either Steam or Orgin DON'T, at least until you give Impulse a try.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
MSPreacher

Never had problems with them myself. On the other hand there are plenty of people having problems with Steam too. It's all anecdotal.
MSPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
KaySakura

Banned
LONG LIVE STEAM!
KaySakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Stoib

I'm not sure why the sign-up process even bothered to let me make an impulse account since without exaggerating, literally EVERY time I've visited the site everything is "not available in your region".

But then Steam likes to treat non US citizens like crap as well with it's price Gouging, so I'd say steam makes GoG and GreenManGaming look like Gods
Stoib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
FourThing

im ok with impulse but origin is really bad, imho.
FourThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoib View Post
I'm not sure why the sign-up process even bothered to let me make an impulse account since without exaggerating, literally EVERY time I've visited the site everything is "not available in your region".

But then Steam likes to treat non US citizens like crap as well with it's price Gouging, so I'd say steam makes GoG and GreenManGaming look like Gods
I'm from Argentina and I'd say that Steam prices are more expensive than some retail games (for example: Shogun 2 at $30 more or less) but when they've sales they're pretty good, for example, the Christmas sale.
MartinKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
acare84

I don't have problem with Impulse Client but their store is really annoying. Almost all games are NA only.
acare84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
ChilledEssence

Origin is awful.
ChilledEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
halbarad_loire

Technical side : Origin has been the smoothest for me so far. Never had a single problem with it - it is, albeit, new (in it's current form anyway. I never had any issues with EADM either though).

Steam I've had a few problems with here and there, nothing that couldn't be sorted out but it's irritating when it happens.

Impulse only ever had two problems with. Both sorted quickly.

Retail side:
Origin/EADM has never been the best on prices. It had a decent sale last week on the older titles, a few I picked up. That's about it - everything i have retail etc.

Steam is the king of sales, simple as. Always has been.

Impulse is meh. Has a few sales here and there but I've got one major problem with them that has arose today. One of their daily sales, this is a daily sale for the whole world and a one of a kind sale for that day, is a region restricted game. It's amateurish.
It's pointless having a specific singular sale on a day and then say "yeah, screw all non-US people. YOU DON'T GET A DAILY SALE LIKE THE GREAT NATION. LET US CHANT. USA USA USA USA"
halbarad_loire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #10
nether1n

impulse, gog, greenmangaming, gamersgate, steam they all let me buy with my dollars.But origin is euro only.So worst one is origin for me.Also most expensive place to buy ea games lol.
nether1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
SaintJimmy

Made one purchase on Impulse, took a long time after payment to get an email from them. Everything else I've been interested in has been region restricted for no obvious reason. So have deleted Impulse from my pc and just use Steam and gmg.
SaintJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #12
Explodatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourThing View Post
im ok with impulse but origin is really bad, imho.
What is bad about Origin?

I've only had positive experiences with the program so far.
Explodatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #13
Washell

Impulse was recently bought by gamestop. So past and present may not be very indicative of the future.
Washell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #14
Xen`

Origin is too bad.One more,they have a mistake, like always
Xen` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #15
C80

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washell View Post
Impulse was recently bought by gamestop. So past and present may not be very indicative of the future.
If anything like Gamestop's stores, I would say it might get even worse. Honestly, this whole interaction with Impulse made me think that the two companies are actually perfect for one another.
C80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Off Topic