Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fate of the World

Old 09-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
vonklaude

Red Redemption
Cool ***OUT NOW*** Tipping Point, 1.1, and Mac!

Fate of the World 1.1 is finally here, for Windows *and* Mac!

Yes! It's true! And there's MORE:
We are also excited to announce Fate of the World: Tipping Point. Tipping Point is a bundle that offers something new to players new and old:

It contains:
  • All the fixes, revisions and updates of 1.1
  • The all-new Migration mission (adds climate refugee feature to gameplay)
  • The Denial mission
  • The Extras Pack, containing the original sound track and designer notes (previously available only to those who preordered last year).
Current players can upgrade to Tipping Point at 20% off for the next week. The upgrade gets you both new missions and the Extras pack. You can also purchase DLCs or the Extras pack seperately, so if you just want one or two of the new items you can purchase those individually. For more details on each of the new missions and Tipping Point, check out our new Steam Store pages, or the new, updated and redesigned http://fateoftheworld.net

Steam should be updating your copy of Fate to 1.1 shortly.

Version 1.1 contains:
  • Revised UI and Stat screens: Easier to follow, easier to read. Includes an overhauled recruitment screen which allows easy region-by-region stat comparison)
  • Tech trees! (finally!)
  • Rebalanced gameplay: We've done a thorough rework of what were, in our view, the biggest balance issues which have been bugging us since launch. See release notes for details.
  • New difficulty choice: There are now two modes of gameplay: Default, and Easy Mode. Easy mode relaxes support and stability to give you more breathing room to play cards toward the mission objectives. "Default" is FOTW as you have always known it.
Detailed Release Notes:
http://fateoftheworld.net/releases/1.1

Last edited by vonklaude: 09-29-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
LordMarconius

Yay, finally! Anxiously waiting for Steam to update so I can upgrade.

The soundtrack is great news too, I've been wanting that.
LordMarconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
beandersen

i bought the updates on your website but i cant update , i have main game on steam. i get error

fate of the world 1.0.5 not found

what do i do
beandersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
MuthaF

cool beans
MuthaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
beandersen

i got it on steam instead and requested a return. Anyway, seems the update from steam dont work, it just loads red redemption screen and then closes.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
SBytheway

I'm curious, I got the Special Edition which includes the Denial mission, I take it if I bought Tipping Point off steam I just wouldn't get denial?
Wait, actually, do I have to buy it at all? Or do I just wait for the update? Will the update include migration? Or will I have to get tipping point to get migration? ach, i've confused myself XD

Last edited by SBytheway: 09-29-2011 at 12:53 PM.
SBytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
decco82

Quote:
Fixed: Coal-free Industry no longer requires the completion of another project card. [#3118]
Oh thank god!
decco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
SqueeMK2

Hmm. I've already got the game on Steam, and I've already got the Denial mission (From the Steam summer camp). Am I correct in thinking once Fate of the World patches to 1.1, the only difference between my copy and Tipping Point is I won't have the migration DLC? As in I'll have the new achievements, the new non-migration cards, rebalanced game, etc.
SqueeMK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
vonklaude

Red Redemption
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBytheway View Post
I'm curious, I got the Special Edition which includes the Denial mission, I take it if I bought Tipping Point off steam I just wouldn't get denial?
Wait, actually, do I have to buy it at all? Or do I just wait for the update? Will the update include migration? Or will I have to get tipping point to get migration? ach, i've confused myself XD
The 1.1 update gives you the UI stuff, but not migration. To get migration you can either buy that DLC separately - which probably works for you - or take advantage of the upgrade offer price and just get Tipping Point. For the first week that should work out better.

However, I notice that the upgrade offer isn't appearing as I expected on Steam yet. I'll ask them about that. If you own the base game, you should only be paying the (discounted) price difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beandersen View Post
i bought the updates on your website but i cant update , i have main game on steam. i get error

fate of the world 1.0.5 not found

what do i do
We didn't expect that combination. I believe we will need to give you Steam keys for your updates. Will get right on that. Or if you are impatient, you could go ahead and get a refund from us and buy it on Steam!

So for clarity, if you have and use the game on Steam, it is better to buy the updates on Steam. If you've already bought them from us, either we will get you Steam keys for updates which will take at least 24hrs and with the weekend looming maybe more, or you can ask for a refund on our side and rebuy on Steam.

I'm really sorry for that confusion. You did something we didn't expect!

Last edited by vonklaude: 09-29-2011 at 01:10 PM.
vonklaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
LordMarconius

vonklaude, Tipping Point did appear for me on Steam (for 3 euros, I think, so a really low price), should be working fine, I think.

EDIT: Well, the extras are where they should be (hidden deep in lots of folders), so I'm guessing it worked! The price may be off though...
LordMarconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #11
Forsythia

I only payed € 2,79 for the upgrade, I guess that's the correct price. Awesome!
Forsythia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
vonklaude

Red Redemption
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsythia View Post
I only payed € 2,79 for the upgrade, I guess that's the correct price. Awesome!
That is correct. If you own the original game we wanted you to be able to access the upgrade content. This is just for the first week and you have to already own the original. We also partly redressed some exchange rate issues players raised, so people owning the game paying EUR or GBP will experience a nice low upgrade price.

Quote:
i got it on steam instead and requested a return. Anyway, seems the update from steam dont work, it just loads red redemption screen and then closes.
That is... unexpected. I think your install may have become rather muddled. Can you try uninstalling it completely, and then reinstalling please?

Last edited by vonklaude: 09-29-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
beandersen

othes have same prob just check main forum. Sure youll fix it soon, or hope so =)
Old 09-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #14
vonklaude

Red Redemption
Quote:
othes have same prob just check main forum. Sure youll fix it soon, or hope so =)
The issue was identified and we believe fixed now. I hope you can enjoy the game!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
echoshifting

I just grabbed the upgrade on Steam and installed it without any problems. Looked like the proper discount, too.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fate of the World