Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fate of the World

Old 09-30-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
vonklaude

Red Redemption
Clarification about Tipping Point and Upgrading

Hi everyone,

There has understandably been some confusion over Tipping Point and its distinction from Fate of the World. The first thing to note is that Tipping Point is a bundle of:

Fate of the World
Denial DLC
Migration DLC
and the soundtrack and designers notes.

The UI improvements and balancing are included free in the 1.1 patch of Fate so if Denial, Migration or Soundtracks do not interest you then there's no need to buy them to enjoy Fate.

For those of you wanting to take advantage of the upgrade which gives you all 3 DLCs, most of you will see a special upgrade price when buying on Steam. People who bought from us can buy an upgrade product on our site. However, we think there may be a bug with the upgrade price system on Steam presently for those who already have Denial. We have asked Steam about this and hopefully this will be resolved soon. Those of you who bought an upgrade from us will soon have a means to get Steam keys via our website. We'll post details about that soon.

We've had some emails asking for clarification about Denial and the Extras Pack being 'previously only available during Pre-order'. These items were available to our customers who bought the game during its beta (before Feb 28th 2011) but it seems like the Steam purchasers may not have received the content at the time. This should be corrected and we apologise if our strongest supporters feel that they have been in any way short changed.

Thanks for supporting us and we hope that you enjoy Fate of the World 1.1
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
Engry Balls

The thing is, you probably should update the store page of Tipping Point, since it's not clear if it's a stand-alone title, or just the pack of DLCs or something else.
(I first thought it's a completely new game. Then I saw it's a pack of DLCs. And only here on the forum I finally understood that it includes the original game as well.)

Thanks guys, you are great!
Engry Balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
Andy_K

I bought from you originally and then registered on steam.

Since I've been unable to get the upgrade option on Steam (it simply wasn't there), I've upgraded via your site instead. Only now the downloads won't install as they don't recognised the steam version, and the process doesn't seem to generate me a licence key to get a new steam key. So what do I do now?
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 AM   #4
mtext

Strong Ditto to both the above comments.

Also I just want to emphasize I bear the devs here absolutely no ill-will. It's an incredibly promising and clever (and I'd even say important) game which definitely deserves our support and patience. RR is obviously doing their best in difficult circumstances, and I have no doubt they'll do right by all of their supporters (i.e. us) in the end. I just wish each new release didn't somehow keep turning into such a chaotic mess in the first place! I imagine there've already been meetings upon meetings about how to consolidate and straighten everything out once and for all and smooth the way going forward. I hope for all our sakes that they start to bear fruit soon... <:-)
mtext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:26 AM   #5
vonklaude

Red Redemption
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post
I bought from you originally and then registered on steam.

Since I've been unable to get the upgrade option on Steam (it simply wasn't there), I've upgraded via your site instead. Only now the downloads won't install as they don't recognised the steam version, and the process doesn't seem to generate me a licence key to get a new steam key. So what do I do now?
Hi Andy_K. There is an issue with this upgrade path which we need to discuss with Steam. Note that you will be able to get Steam keys for the downloads the same way you got your original Steam activation from us. I'm sorry about this, it will likely take us 1-2 days to sort it out for you (for Steam to fix the path or our web page to be updated for you to get keys).

However, if you email us directly then we can send you those keys immediately. Same applies for anyone with issues of this nature!
vonklaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
RABicle

Real quick, if I purchase Fate of the World Tipping Point will it simply download migration and the bonus pack (I have denial) to my existing install or will it create a new copy of the game?

As in will my steam list have tipping point AND vanilla fate of the world.

I'm just hilariously pedantic about things like this and might pay the (oh gosh) $2 surchage to get the remaining DLCs individually.
RABicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
vonklaude

Red Redemption
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABicle View Post
Real quick, if I purchase Fate of the World Tipping Point will it simply download migration and the bonus pack (I have denial) to my existing install or will it create a new copy of the game?

As in will my steam list have tipping point AND vanilla fate of the world.

I'm just hilariously pedantic about things like this and might pay the (oh gosh) $2 surchage to get the remaining DLCs individually.
Yes, that's correct. Tipping Point is structured as a bundle that simply adds the additional components to your existing install. It does not create a new copy of the game. You will see the components listed out separately as if you had purchased the separate DLCs.
vonklaude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fate of the World