Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Driver San Francisco

Old 09-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Hilonix

Unhappy Ubisoft Game Launcher won't start

Has anyone but me had trouble with the Ubisoft Game Launcher not starting? I've tried uninstalling the game and launcher, then reinstalled, but that doesn't seem to work at all. Though the Ubisoft Game Launcher works fine if i start "The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom" and "From Dust". Any ideas?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
DaRAGingLunatic

Is it a code 2 error?

I was trying to figure out how to get Driver to run in windowed mode (still dont know how btw as i cant use the in game options), when i went into the support directory and clicked on launcher which has regedit properties. afterwards i'd get an error 2, even after deleting and reinstalling. If that is the error go to the below in regedit and change the "InstallDir"="<<Path to >>\\Ubisoft Game Launcher\\" << path to>> part of it to your installation directory is driver where it ends in the UBisoft game launcher

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\UBISOFT\La uncher

Go there in regedit. Then it should work.
DaRAGingLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
Hilonix

I don't get any error messages at all. When i click the play button nothing happens at all, except for the square in the bottom right of the steam window turning green for about 20 seconds, showing that I'm in-game, and then it changes back to blue again. I've tried this out, but unfortunately it doesn't do anything. I appreciate the help though, thanks.
Hilonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
alec427

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilonix View Post
I don't get any error messages at all. When i click the play button nothing happens at all, except for the square in the bottom right of the steam window turning green for about 20 seconds, showing that I'm in-game, and then it changes back to blue again. I've tried this out, but unfortunately it doesn't do anything. I appreciate the help though, thanks.
My god I thought i was the only one!

But still, why wont it work, i paid 50 bucks for this!!!!!!
alec427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
alec427

If anyone can get a solution that would be great
alec427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
mffman

Patched! Works great!
mffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 AM   #7
hockeyhacker97

Not certine on this, but I believe when I installed any ubisoft game through steam I had to run it the first time with steam as administrator, (double checking now because I am having same issue when I remembered one of my games I had to install as administrator and I am fairly sure it was Heros of Might and Magic VI)...

Nope, had to uninstall and reinstall ubisoft game launcher to get it to work, though I am almost certine it was a UBIsoft game that I had to run Steam as administrator to get it to install properly.
hockeyhacker97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
DeadlyDragon

Exact problem, no loading error at all. Run game and it doesnt launch at all. I have ran it in admin mode, i have reinstalled ubisoft launch. Nothing is working.
DeadlyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
drksdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilonix View Post
Has anyone but me had trouble with the Ubisoft Game Launcher not starting? I've tried uninstalling the game and launcher, then reinstalled, but that doesn't seem to work at all. Though the Ubisoft Game Launcher works fine if i start "The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom" and "From Dust". Any ideas?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the HOSTS file. should be windows/system32/drivers/etc

look at the very end (or just search) but there should be an entry that says... 87.248.207.150 static3.cdn.ubi.com
or something to that effect.

it was at the very bottom of my hosts file.

make a backup of the HOSTS file just in case, and once you've done so, delete that line and save it. (may need to unlock and relock the file)

this worked for me, hopefully, it'll work for you!
drksdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #10
DancingOmelette

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRAGingLunatic View Post
Is it a code 2 error?

I was trying to figure out how to get Driver to run in windowed mode (still dont know how btw as i cant use the in game options), when i went into the support directory and clicked on launcher which has regedit properties. afterwards i'd get an error 2, even after deleting and reinstalling. If that is the error go to the below in regedit and change the "InstallDir"="<<Path to >>\\Ubisoft Game Launcher\\" << path to>> part of it to your installation directory is driver where it ends in the UBisoft game launcher

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\UBISOFT\La uncher

Go there in regedit. Then it should work.
I was getting a code 2 error, this fixed it for me. Thanks very much. Typical of Ubi to launch a game in unplayable state...
DancingOmelette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #11
HEADLESS_0NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingOmelette View Post
I was getting a code 2 error, this fixed it for me. Thanks very much. Typical of Ubi to launch a game in unplayable state...
This also fixed it for me. Thank you!
HEADLESS_0NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:11 AM   #12
Hotrockets

I had a similar issue but not the error 2 code, instead I would get a window stating "There was a problem starting your game. Please make sure there are no other games using the ubisoft-gamelauncher." Fix for me was to just uninstall the launcher and re-install using administrator rights on Win7x64
Hotrockets is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Driver San Francisco