Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PC Gamer Digital

Old 10-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
Calldun

Exclamation Who can gift me PC Gamer Digital for my money?

Who can gift me PC Gamer Digital for my money? I live in Russia and I can't buy this journal. So, write me in Steam (STEAM). You gifted PC Gamer. I give u money (WebMoney).
Old 10-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
computuguru

By posting this in the Steam thread, I doubt you'll get any takers. No one wants to risk a Steam account ban by so obviously breaking the terms of service to circumvent region locking. I've heard rumors however that the PC Gamer's crack Coconut Monkey lawyer team is actively on the case. Hopefully, PC Gamer digital will be available internationally soon. I, for one, can see that the demand is clearly there to check this out.

Be warned that I've heard rumors that international customers sometimes can't redeem the gift even if a US friend purchases it for them. I haven't tested this personally so I can't confirm.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
{Yotsuba}

No one wants to risk a Steam account ban by so obviously breaking the terms of service to circumvent region locking.

Except that no one will be breaking any T&Cs in regards to the SSA as it's perfectly okay to gift items cross-border, even to regions where they are not sold on Steam.
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #4
computuguru

As a one off, you're probably fine. Do it too often, however, with random people you don't know in other regions and risk this: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...t_for_gifting/.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
noxwyll

You've offically announced on forums owned by valve that you want to circumvent part of their ssa. On top of this you posted a link to your own steam profile. Why don't you get a big sign saying "ban me"? Think about what you just did!

Don't do it. Forget about this.
noxwyll is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PC Gamer Digital