Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The

Old 10-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
ttcfcl

Secret pill effect I found

So I just got done playing, and during my game I found Bad Trip pill (take one heart of damage). So a little later, I found the same color pill and grab it anyway cause I didn't remember it was the Bad Trip. Since I picked it up already, it says "Bad Trip" instead of "???". Ended up fighting Monstro 2, and did crappy enough to drop down to 1 heart. I then noticed the pill text change. Now it says "Fully Heal" or something, and of course, it brought me back up to max health. It was such a relief. I was able to beat Monstro 2 and end up beating Mom in that game! So remember to keep Bad Trip pills as a last resort!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
heretohelp

Hmmm, that sounds awesome. Now we need someone to confirm it
heretohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
gks4

Yeah I checked it out and this definitely works as described. A helpful Easter egg for sure.
gks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcfcl View Post
So I just got done playing, and during my game I found Bad Trip pill (take one heart of damage). So a little later, I found the same color pill and grab it anyway cause I didn't remember it was the Bad Trip. Since I picked it up already, it says "Bad Trip" instead of "???". Ended up fighting Monstro 2, and did crappy enough to drop down to 1 heart. I then noticed the pill text change. Now it says "Fully Heal" or something, and of course, it brought me back up to max health. It was such a relief. I was able to beat Monstro 2 and end up beating Mom in that game! So remember to keep Bad Trip pills as a last resort!
Just wanna say that once you used a pill , if you get the same pill again it wont say "????" its actually gonna say the name of the effect.
Percent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
Xunwael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percent View Post
Just wanna say that once you used a pill , if you get the same pill again it wont say "????" its actually gonna say the name of the effect.
Uhm, yeah, he wrote that in the exact post you're quoting...
Xunwael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
Pit-O-Matic

I can confirm it.
I found a white pill with "Full Heal" and a orange one with "Bad Trip".
Bad Trip changed to Full Heal after I only had 1 heart left.

Though, I want to know if you need to find a pill with Full Heal first, or does it change without it?
And do all negative pills are changing, or only only Bad Trip?
Pit-O-Matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:16 AM   #7
qbicfeet

In an interview I listened to Edmund said that he didn't want his game to be "too evil" and let randomly generated events kill the players. He said that "there's a pill which hurts you for one heart of damage, but it won't kill you when you're low on health."
qbicfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #8
MrUnderstanding

So it sounds like Bad Trip heals you once you're down to 1 heart.

I take you guys hadn't picked up the PHD item that turns all pills into beneficial ones, right? :P
MrUnderstanding is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Binding of Isaac, The