Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Heroes of Might and Magic V

Old 10-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
prototype2001

Errors upon starting the demo.

I see the in-game mouse cursor then i get an error saying the game has stopped responding. Oh well, can't even get the DEMO to work and just to think i was even debating about pre-ordering this to get into the BETA. This is a "meh" game from what i've read, bring back HOMM2 & HOMM3 not replicate a horrible HOMM5 and somehow make it worse.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
groocz

Umm....Your fairly late on deciding "I wanna try the beta"....Phase 1 started in June and Ended in July.....Phase 2 started over a month ago and to my knowledge will end very shortly if it hasnt already because the game is scheduled to be released within the month.
groocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
prototype2001

BETA=/= DEMO

I'm aware beta occurred before the demo, beta occurred before Ubisoft decided to set this game's release back a month. But now steam has DEMO of this game and it doesn't even work as it errors @ start. And it appears the DEMO is a copy/pasted version of the BETA, the so much negativity i've read about.

On a sidenote HOMM was a good franchise, but when you combine awful game with awful company that focuses on DRMS so much that screws customers over in which the pirates receive the better quality of the game as they don't need a 24/7 online connection to play a singleplayer game offline. Ubisoft doesn't need DRM to keep pirates away, making crappy games was their best DRM.

Do you know how dead this game is already? As dead as this forum section in steam. And the few posts that do happen to be located here are nothing but facts stating how this will never live up to be HOMM2 or HOMM3 and how this game is terrible. Not even a GIF animation for town windows, please.. die already.

Last edited by prototype2001: 10-04-2011 at 05:16 AM.
prototype2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 AM   #4
groocz

You don't need a 24/7 online connection to play it I've played several Ubisoft games in offline mode without any problems.
groocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
OrianKhan

I have the same problem, I see in-game cursor, nice logo and then crash
Old 10-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
callesen58

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrianKhan View Post
I have the same problem, I see in-game cursor, nice logo and then crash
I don't even see a logo, just a black screen and then a crash
Old 10-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
Syncourt

I get to the menu and then all I can see is a knight and the menu options, but the rest of the background is missing. Can't see my mouse cursor either.

Too bad this demo was to be the deciding factor for me to do a last minute pre-order. I was hesitant after the last HoMM technical issues, crashing constantly not just on my system but on my all my other friends who bought it too.

Bargain bin it is I guess. I'm not going to gamble much this time around.
Syncourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
OrianKhan

I solved the problem
intro is in WMV and WMA, I reinstall my K-Lite Codec Pack

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Heroes of Might and Magic V