Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
edub77
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 20
Posts: 258
Thanks for the demo Robot Entertainment!

It was a lot of fun! I have a P4 3.0 processor with a 9400 GT gfx card and the game ran smoothly despite the 2.0 dual core minimum requirement listed on the store page.

I'll be buying this for sure now!
edub77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Shaneluls39199
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 132
Posts: 1,004
Thumbs up

same here. i LOVE demos.

i personally thought this would be cheesy and unpolished but thanks to the demo im swayed.its flippin awesome!!! now i can see why peps want multiplayer. but i have done my reading and concur with most others that this is a game fun enough it doesn't need MP. me and everyone else are tired of hackers. leader-board glitches and all the lag and crap that comes with the MP experiences (i do realize it has leader-boards but not for a MP prospective)

runs flawless on msaax8? at 1920x1080 everything runs smooth looks good

i love how easy the controls are.even the screen makes it as easy as it can be to learn the keys

ill deff be getting this now

i do have a question tho if you pre-order and get the mage warrior outfit do you lose ur super sexy crossbow for the hammer or simply have the hammer as a default with the skin and can still use the crossbow?

EDIT:im giving the thread a 5star rating. more delvps need to see that players are really happy when we can try a demo first before throwing cash for the game. demo is the only reason i re-looked over this game and gave it a try!!!
Shaneluls39199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
ftrain
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 30
I was iffy beforehand. Now im sold.
ftrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
SixOkay
 
Robot Entertainment
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 200
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneluls39199 View Post
same here. i LOVE demos.

i personally thought this would be cheesy and unpolished but thanks to the demo im swayed.its flippin awesome!!! now i can see why peps want multiplayer. but i have done my reading and concur with most others that this is a game fun enough it doesn't need MP. me and everyone else are tired of hackers. leader-board glitches and all the lag and crap that comes with the MP experiences (i do realize it has leader-boards but not for a MP prospective)

runs flawless on msaax8? at 1920x1080 everything runs smooth looks good

i love how easy the controls are.even the screen makes it as easy as it can be to learn the keys

ill deff be getting this now

i do have a question tho if you pre-order and get the mage warrior outfit do you lose ur super sexy crossbow for the hammer or simply have the hammer as a default with the skin and can still use the crossbow?

EDIT:im giving the thread a 5star rating. more delvps need to see that players are really happy when we can try a demo first before throwing cash for the game. demo is the only reason i re-looked over this game and gave it a try!!!
The costumes can be turned on and off. When you turn on the "Knight of the Order" costume, he's still using the crossbow, but instead of the Bladestaff he'll be carrying (and swinging) the Hammer of War (it'll still show as the Bladestaff on the spellbook tiles, but don't let that fool you). You can turn the costume off at any time to go back to the standard War Mage and Bladestaff.

Same goes for the Cardboard Tube Samurai costume. If you came by our booth at PAX Prime and unlocked the CTS costume, you can turn it on to change the clothes of the War Mage and to swap out his Bladestaff with a giant cardboard tube. Yes, it's pretty awesome.

Hope that helps, and thanks for trying the demo!
SixOkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
Shaneluls39199
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 132
Posts: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOkay View Post
The costumes can be turned on and off. When you turn on the "Knight of the Order" costume, he's still using the crossbow, but instead of the Bladestaff he'll be carrying (and swinging) the Hammer of War (it'll still show as the Bladestaff on the spellbook tiles, but don't let that fool you). You can turn the costume off at any time to go back to the standard War Mage and Bladestaff.

Same goes for the Cardboard Tube Samurai costume. If you came by our booth at PAX Prime and unlocked the CTS costume, you can turn it on to change the clothes of the War Mage and to swap out his Bladestaff with a giant cardboard tube. Yes, it's pretty awesome.

Hope that helps, and thanks for trying the demo!
it does!! thanks for the quick reply
Shaneluls39199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
pinkgun
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 1825
Posts: 959
The demo is pretty fun, wish there will be multiplay/COOP part in future
pinkgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
Squid3d
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 65
Posts: 876
I loved the demo but it was way too short.

i'm sold on the game regardless. so much fun...and this coming from a dedicated dow ork player.

i expect the sequel to be 'umies...dey gotz to 'av it

Squid3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
Richm246
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 24
Posts: 722
Downloading the demo and I prepurchased, one quick question to the debs, will this game support mods or have modding tools for us?
Richm246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
Askjosh
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 95
Posts: 734
I am pretty sure it wont have modding right at the beginning because it will take time for them to develop and release a full modding kit.

With that being said I think it would be awesome if they were to release a modding kit and maybe even do it like how steam does for hats and weapons in TF2 ?
Askjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #10
Wardiaper
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 5670
Posts: 1,525
Great demo. The game is much more than I expected - beautiful, smooth and most of all fun. Now I am compelled to preorder.
Wardiaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #11
freequebec86
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 16
Posts: 192
NICE DEMO

Sold, maybe it will "out-fun" battlefield 3 ( run SOOO WELL ) and funny and sadique at the same time xD and i love tower defense game.

big good job ! Surely a pre-order for me !

ADD A TF2 HAT AND I BUY IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW xD
freequebec86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #12
wowpst
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 13
Posts: 72
I'm a Hammer Legion Member, I'll admit it. Been looking forward to this release since May or June of this year. I pre-purchased OMD before I even played the demo.

And it was still awesome. Six, you guys at R.E. have struck gold. I'm going to play the heck out of this demo -- it's going to be a very, very long 8 day wait.

Here's looking forward to seeing (and playing) OMD2 as soon as it can possibly arrive.

EDIT: So ... um ... apparently "F-A-N-B-O-Y" translates to "Hammer Legion Member?" Aroo?
wowpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #13
Smith001
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 61
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by freequebec86 View Post
ADD A TF2 HAT AND I BUY IT NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW xD
This is just sad...

OT: loved the demo, runs perfect on my laptop.
Gonna get the game =)
Smith001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
TazzieDevil
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 95
Great work guys - i love to see a demo before i buy a game it really allows me to see what i'm getting into (and also displays confidence in the product IMO)- I loved playing the demo so i will pre order - as a co op game this would be even better, but maybe OMD 2 could be reworked to make it co-op as i could my friends and I playing via lan and defending multi entranced maps and having a great time...
TazzieDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #15
NC37
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 23
Posts: 371
Wow, I decided to try this on my laptop with 3470 just for the heck of it but I didn't think it would run so well. Kudos to you Robot for making a good looking game run on weaker hardware, with high details on!

Demo has definitely solidified a purchase. Glad to support another great indie dev!

If this had multiplayer, it would rank alongside Sanctum as one of my favorite indie TD titles ever.

Edit: Course I see you folks have lots of experience with the 360 hardware so now it makes sense that you were able to get a game like this able to run so well on this low end lappy. Sigh...6yr old hardware.

Last edited by NC37: 10-04-2011 at 01:02 AM.
NC37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.