Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE

Old 10-31-2011, 06:13 AM   #1501
Micknator

My game seems to stop working when playing the levels against those thugs that deploy those RC car explosives. That's where you have to destroy those caches with explosives with your RC car.
Micknator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #1502
pdXjoe

The OP is banned! lol, you gonna trust this guy? hehe
pdXjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:47 AM   #1503
Evil_Serg

Still, will ID release any patch, or they really do not give a damn?
Evil_Serg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #1504
Nibbles37

I can not believe they banned him!!! He was helping everyone!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:29 AM   #1505
Micknator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles37 View Post
I can not believe they banned him!!! He was helping everyone!!!
I guess he did something to upset the moderators/admins of this forum.
Micknator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #1506
LurchUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micknator View Post
I guess he did something to upset the moderators/admins of this forum.
I guess he got banned for going against id Software policy, in trying to cash in on a broken game, and attempting to offer options to make it a viable product.
LurchUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #1507
Omnigoose

Banned
I think he went a little overboard with his opinions.

Either way, he was the only one who managed to solve my problems for a very short while. I suppose I shouldn't be thankful considering it added more time to my counter, time fiddling, thinking it's working, etc.

I have never had a game permanently stop working for me before. It would be hard to argue that they didn't sell a working product, since we all did get what we paid for - rage.
Omnigoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #1508
surfrock22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchUSA View Post
I guess he got banned for going against id Software policy, in trying to cash in on a broken game, and attempting to offer options to make it a viable product.
He often lied about what his configs were capable of. He said his config enabled dynamic lighting and shadows. His comparison shots were manipulated to look like they made a huge difference when they didn't. He also spead a fair amount of misinformation, claiming Rage supports hbao and tessellaton when it clearly doesn't. He made advertisement plugs to his config thread seemingly everywhere. I'm actually surprised to see him last as long as he did.
surfrock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #1509
Mad Max RW

FusedCore didn't bring anything to the table that hadn't already been figured out the day the game was released. He just added (and kept adding on a daily basis) a ton of useless commands and managed to wow a bunch of ignorant gamers. 99% of his tips and "fixes" are proven as false. To add insult to injury he dodged every question thrown at him and posted fake screenshots.

This thread has no business being a sticky and should be locked.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #1510
dotsonad

mine is doing the same did you find a sulution please help
Old 11-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #1511
EC-

AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 5870
4GB DDR3 RAM

I have the system above and had MAJOR problems running RAGE until I finally used the following graphics driver:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...erfDriver.aspx

If using a Radeon HD card and still having issues I would suggest you try that.
EC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #1512
count_dingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrock22 View Post
He often lied about what his configs were capable of. He said his config enabled dynamic lighting and shadows. His comparison shots were manipulated to look like they made a huge difference when they didn't. He also spead a fair amount of misinformation, claiming Rage supports hbao and tessellaton when it clearly doesn't. He made advertisement plugs to his config thread seemingly everywhere. I'm actually surprised to see him last as long as he did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
FusedCore didn't bring anything to the table that hadn't already been figured out the day the game was released. He just added (and kept adding on a daily basis) a ton of useless commands and managed to wow a bunch of ignorant gamers. 99% of his tips and "fixes" are proven as false. To add insult to injury he dodged every question thrown at him and posted fake screenshots.

This thread has no business being a sticky and should be locked.
Real big of you two (among the others who have joined in) to talk smack about someone who DID help people get the game running for a LOT of people after they've been banned. His configs may not have been tweaked the best they possibly could have been, but THEY WORKED for people. I'm pretty sure I read a quote by one of the mods saying to stop discussing him (i.e., don't derail threads) a few pages back, anyway.

My suggestion is to use the search as well as look through other threads for solutions, since the OP was banned. FYI, he wasn't banned because he was untrustworthy (can't say either way) - he was banned for not following forum rules, as stated in the above-referenced moderator post.

Good luck getting your game working everyone.

mod post:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...postcount=1469
Also on page 98 of this thread is a link to maxwell adams and mad max's fixes. They might be helpful.

Last edited by count_dingo: 11-01-2011 at 03:35 PM.
count_dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #1513
surfrock22

Quote:
Originally Posted by count_dingo View Post
Real big of you two (among the others who have joined in) to talk smack about someone who DID help people get the game running for a LOT of people after they've been banned. His configs may not have been tweaked the best they possibly could have been, but THEY WORKED for people. I'm pretty sure I read a quote by one of the mods saying to stop discussing him (i.e., don't derail threads) a few pages back, anyway.

My suggestion is to use the search as well as look through other threads for solutions, since the OP was banned. FYI, he wasn't banned because he was untrustworthy (can't say either way) - he was banned for not following forum rules, as stated in the above-referenced moderator post.

Good luck getting your game working everyone.
I'm not talking smack about him, just telling the truth. There were a lot of other members who were posting relevant and accurate information that should have gotten the attention his thread received, not because they were "better" than him, but because their information was much less confusing, more truthful and helpful to people who were trying to get the game up and running. It was frustrating to see someone blatantly lying to other people, creating rumors and confusion about a game that was already frustrating for a huge number of people.

The reason I am posting about it is because I wasted a few hours trying to apply his "tweaks" and found out later that a large chunk of his config does absolutely nothing for everyone, regardless of their setup. If he made a mistake, that's fine, but when addressed about broken commands and outright misinformation, he actively ignored it and even defended his position, even though he knew he was wrong. Even if he helped some people, he certainly trolled a great deal. And that's just not right.

Getting back on topic, if you want real tweaks and not half-truthed bull, these threads are backed with real evidence, displaying which commands and tweaks actually make a difference:

[empirical evidence] A Complete Guide to Tweaking Rage
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2189752

Useful Gameplay Tweaks
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2166471

There are a few commands that were broken after the patch, but that is supposedly being worked on by ID.

Last edited by surfrock22: 11-01-2011 at 03:44 PM.
surfrock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #1514
count_dingo

added those links to maxwell adams and mad max's fixes in that last post by the way.

I will agree that he was not as attentive as believe he should have been (as the OP and the only one who could update the relevant information) to some of the information being brought to the table. If you're talking about the tessellation issue again, he posted a console screenshot that referred to a tessellation instruction. So id-tech5 doesn't support tessellation, but there was direct reference to it in the console output - so it could, at the very least, detect some of the instructions relating to it. Didn't make squat for difference, but when you're trying to squeeze every last drop of visual quality out of a product like this, you turn on EVERYTHING and see what happens. That's what he did. Mostly useless cvars and switches, but the fact of the matter remains: people who were unable to play were made able to play by these configs.

Move on.

or maybe I didn't add the links... ok, here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovy-Music View Post
Two guys posted really useful and cool stuff to put in a proper Rageconfig.cfg!!
Improve your Graphics and Gameplay under 5 minutes!

They explain well what the commands do and they don't put extra invalid commands!!!

Worth a check if you do desire to customize your RAGE experience!

==> Maxwell_Adams
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2189752

==> Mad Max RW
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2166471

You guys are Awesome!!! Thanks!

Edit: PROPER fixes for RAGE are to be expected in Drivers Updates and Game Patches.

- The only current active action required by the customers is the "Absence of Actions" (patience, waiting, Zzz) **

** The "Absence of Actions" concepts and mechanics are invalidated if the said customer's hardware, peripheral devices AND software environment are poorly lacking in ANY domain to meet but desirably exceed the totality of the demanded requirements to be actively using rigorous and/or extensive games or other type of softwares.
ah surfrock you beat me to them. well, link spamming can't hurt, right?

Last edited by count_dingo: 11-01-2011 at 03:48 PM.
count_dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:21 PM   #1515
Mad Max RW

In reality his bloated configs didn't help people. The only things that really helped were the 7 or so commands already known and proven at the NeoGAF forums then published in an article at geforce.com. When FusedCore started posting all of these new commands I thought he was doing a good thing until I (and many others) investigated them on my own. When confronted with the results (or lack of) he got very defensive and was quick to labeling anybody who questioned him as "trolls". Then the spreading of false information and outright lies and finding ways to jump the shark with new wild claims about the engine exposed the whole thread as a huge waste of time.

PM the moderators to lock this thread because it serves no purpose other than creating more confusion and off topic discussions like what's going on right now. Lock it, unstick it, and sticky one of the above mentioned threads containing proven fixes/tweaks.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE