Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series

Old 10-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
SixOkay

Robot Entertainment
OMD! - Web Stats & Leaderboards

Hey Everyone!

Check out the update we just did to RobotEntertainment.com to support Orcs Must Die!

McGlu, our web programmer, just pushed live the My Games, Connections, and OMD! Stats and Leaderboard updates to the website. If you have a moment, go check it out. Make sure that you're logged into the site, and on your profile you'll see a couple new tabs - My Games and Connections. Much of this won't really kick into gear until the game is publicly available on the 12th, but here's the full run-down of what's new on the site.
My Games - From here, we can show you which Robot Entertainment games you own, and if you don't own any, we can give you handy links to go buy them. Right now this is just showing Steam OMD!, but soon we'll have it showing XBLA OMD! You can also look at your friend's profiles to see what Robot games they have.

Connections - From the Connections tab, you can connect your Steam account to your Robot account. By doing this, we can show that you own OMD!, and we can also use this connection to populate your stats into the OMD! website. You'll notice after you buy OMD! on Steam and connect your Steam account that you will be able to jump straight from My Games to your OMD! Stats and see how you're progressing. McGlu also hooked up an awesome Steam Achievement to this connection. If you connect your account, you get an Orcs Must Die! Achievement on Steam that your friends can see and be in awe of. Go do it now, it's awesome! In the future, this will also have an area to connect your Xbox LIVE account so we can pull some data from that version of the game as well.

Steam Stats - Once you've bought OMD! on PC and connected your Steam account, you can view all of your OMD! stats on the OrcsMustDie.com page. We pull in everything from your skulls, your scores, total orc kills. It's pretty comprehensive. Check out my recently wiped stats page here and click on the "My Stats" button in the right menu to view your own! This may look a little odd until numbers start flowing in, so give it some time.

Leaderboards - In the main right hand menu of OrcsMustDie.com there's also now a Leaderboards button. This will show you... wait for it... the Leaderboards for OMD! Again, as these start to get populated by reviewers and eventually public players, things will look a bit more normal. Until then, bear with the empty boards for a few days, please.
Head to your profile now to kick the tires on the new features and let us know what you think!

Last edited by SixOkay: 10-04-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:15 AM   #2
Lurpsukka

Pre-ordered and connected the accounts but the game shows as grey in my account. Is it because of the pre-order? Will it change later on when we get the game?
Lurpsukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
k177sh0t

Aren't PC game leader boards prone to hacking?

Correct me if im wrong

Spoiler:
which is likely
k177sh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
SixOkay

Robot Entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurpsukka View Post
Pre-ordered and connected the accounts but the game shows as grey in my account. Is it because of the pre-order? Will it change later on when we get the game?
Yeah, it won't show as "owned" until the actual release.
SixOkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
SixOkay

Robot Entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by k177sh0t View Post
Aren't PC game leader boards prone to hacking?

Correct me if im wrong

Spoiler:
which is likely
We're trying not to let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch. If that happens, we'll have to deal with it, but the possibility of it happening is no reason to tell everyone that they're SOL.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Grimlar

Unhappy Leaderboards and hacking.

You may want to check the leaderboards now then.

The overall kills leaderboard is currently headed by two entries that seem a little unlikely, 13,370,122 & 201,413 and the top score for the corner is 10,690,432.

According to the leaderboards in game on the demo anyway.

(My apologies of course if any of these scores has been produced by one of your testers/developers.)
Grimlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
SixOkay

Robot Entertainment
Yep, we spotted that. And removed it. Looking into that one as well.

The scores in the millions are definitely not real, but you'd be surprised how high some of our 'Bots can score
Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
komanko

Not to be a pain in the but its not a good beginning if already in the demo stage the leaderboards are being hacked :P

On another hand, its pretty pathetic that people actually go through the trouble to hack a leaderboard of a freaking demo, god! Can't you do anything by yourself? That's pretty damn sad. Can never understand hackers...
komanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #9
pingchecker

Banned
Is there any kinda guide on how scoring actually works. lemme copy my post from another thread.
Quote:
I see people scoring 50k on first lvl where my best is 26k

Just wondering what determines the score, maybe that is something you guys can implement into this game. EI :

Accuracy = 80% = 7k score
Time 3 Mins = 95% = 10k score

If anyone knows how score is calculated can you plz post. Thanks.
pingchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #10
SixOkay

Robot Entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by komanko View Post
Not to be a pain in the but its not a good beginning if already in the demo stage the leaderboards are being hacked :P

On another hand, its pretty pathetic that people actually go through the trouble to hack a leaderboard of a freaking demo, god! Can't you do anything by yourself? That's pretty damn sad. Can never understand hackers...
Well, the good thing about it happening in the demo is that we can get an early start on tracking and dealing with it. Now we know what's coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingchecker View Post
Is there any kinda guide on how scoring actually works. lemme copy my post from another thread.
There's nothing posted yet, but I am going to have one of our designers write up a blog on it. I want to let people dive into the Steam version of the game first, though.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
Szt_eltviz

When and where can we see the big counter of dead orcs? i mean the total that counts to 250 million kills.
Szt_eltviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #12
Wildcolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szt_eltviz View Post
When and where can we see the big counter of dead orcs? i mean the total that counts to 250 million kills.
You mean like total between all players or just your personal?

--Sidenote and my own question: Will we ever see more indepth stats? Like # of kills by x trap for example? Favorite trap: y, z placements. etc?

Ohyea....and why so few achievements? D:
<---Major achievement.....um....thing....with the money....and the backside....and the many times.....you know....5 pink hearts xP
Wildcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:41 AM   #13
Szt_eltviz

All players total, preferably a running clock style like World Population.

You can check your killcount on the RE webpage, under my games, steam stats.
Szt_eltviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #14
SixOkay

Robot Entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szt_eltviz View Post
All players total, preferably a running clock style like World Population.

You can check your killcount on the RE webpage, under my games, steam stats.
We actually had the page built to do this, but there are some technical issues beyond our control that are preventing us from having that data for the web. I'm going to be doing what I can to post updates on the kill amount on our twitter feed, for what it's worth (@OrcsMustDie)
Old 10-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #15
s1234567890m

heads up runners alley got a million high score
s1234567890m is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Orcs Must Die! series