Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE

Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
akumae

Load Screen FREEZE

The loading screen when tansitioning to a new area causes the game to FREEZE...
causing me to 'force close' the game.

Does anyone have any resolve and suggestions?

(ATI6950 w/latest perf. fix 10/04)
Old 10-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
reaper1020

Happens to me, only i can't even get into the game, either starting a new one after the cut scene or a save game i have after the load screen it crashes
reaper1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #3
RTContent

Same thing here.
I too have the latest fix but still crashes on some, not all load screens.
I'm guessing this is a game engine problem and not a graphical one as the latest drivers seem to work wonders with everything else.
RTContent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
trickyhits

I have it. Experienced it in the Wasted Garage and Sewers...Im going to make a new game and test it as well. I agree and think this is Rage related and not ATI/AMD issue anymore. The new driver fixed most my issues.
trickyhits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
akumae

bump.
akumae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
RiseFM

Same with me. Wasted Garage lock up to crash. Graphics working fine after scrubbing drivers and clean installation of latest "Rage enchanced" ATI drivers or whatever they're called.
RiseFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Sniper2477

same problem here on a 6950 and im about to drop kick somebody in the face.
Sniper2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
akumae

bump.anyone with a solution?
Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #9
Marsbergen

I'm having the same issue too.

Think I'm gonna play some other games while this thing gets patched to respectable standards.
Marsbergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #10
shoikan1

Just curious if you guys had unlocked the quests for both zones you mentioned the freezing from. I was crashing at both places listed till I had picked up the quest for the "Wasted Garage". Same with the sewer. Until I did the first Sewer offered at the start of the game (traveling from the Ark to the first town), it also crashed.

See it that helps.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #11
Sayers2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicen View Post
Something that has helped with my crashes is making sure that you have a file cache folder for Rage. Looks like id forgot to add this in. I know, shocking..just another thing on the pile for this stellar release.

Win users typical path is c\users\(your user name)\AppData\Local
(now this is where it SHOULD be, but is NOT....)

In the \local folder create one called id software, then in that folder create on called rage (all lower case. When you start up the game it will create two files in that folder: filecache000.bin, and filecacheheader.bin.

This should also help with some visual issues.

I'm done F'n with this pos till tomorrow. Just for s and giggles I've gotten it to run decent enough to put 6 or so hours in...good, not great, but a good fun game...once you get past the BS of having to mess with things that you should not have to mess with to enjoy something you dropped $60 on.
This fixed the loading problems I had.
Sayers2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #12
akumae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayers2005 View Post
This worked like a charm!! Thank you so much
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #13
Defektiv

I have this problem too. Updated to latest ATI drivers (the ones they posted the second time) and created the directory for the cache files. It happened 6 times while playing and now happens every single time I finish the Bash TV run. And since it will not let me save during or at the end of the run, I'm stuck running the whole thing every time I try it to see if it is fixed. So far it hasn't and freezes at the load screen as soon as I 'take the podium' at the end of the run. Annoying as hell.

Why does Bathesda seem to publish the best games with the most horrible releases. I'm not even touching Skyrim or any other game they publish until it's confirmed the release is stable. NOT worth the $60 to get your hand on a title first when you can't even play it.
Defektiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #14
Thrishmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defektiv View Post
I have this problem too. Updated to latest ATI drivers (the ones they posted the second time) and created the directory for the cache files. It happened 6 times while playing and now happens every single time I finish the Bash TV run. And since it will not let me save during or at the end of the run, I'm stuck running the whole thing every time I try it to see if it is fixed. So far it hasn't and freezes at the load screen as soon as I 'take the podium' at the end of the run. Annoying as hell.

Why does Bathesda seem to publish the best games with the most horrible releases. I'm not even touching Skyrim or any other game they publish until it's confirmed the release is stable. NOT worth the $60 to get your hand on a title first when you can't even play it.

This is the issue I am having. Every time I finish the Bash TV run the game will give me an error message and force a close. It is really annoying and I am kind of tired of running the course by now...
Old 01-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
GigerBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayers2005 View Post
Yeah me too for now!! I'll post if it suddenly stops working....

But the game is still suuuppper glitchy.... like my textures are loading super slow every time I turn my head and the textures are just plain ugly and huge...
GigerBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE