Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Broken Sword series

Old 10-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
ZanyCynic

Question Broken Sword: Director's Cut is Broken Sword I ?

Is "Broken Sword: Director's Cut" "Broken Sword 1" ?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
SoniXX

Banned
Yes.

"The Director's Cut is a remake of the original Broken Sword by Ubisoft, and was released on the Wii and Nintendo DS in March 2009.

The game includes extra story elements and settings dealing with Nico and her investigation of a murder and the truth about her father. It also features hand-drawn illustrations and animations by artist Dave Gibbons.

The game uses the Wii Remote and DS stylus respectively to deliver both point-and-click styles and new puzzle-solving elements specific to each platform.

In January 2010, the Director's Cut was released on the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPod touch. A PC release was announced simultaneously and was finally released on September 2, 2010 on various digital distribution services. In May 2010, a version with higher resolution graphics and a digital comic was released for iPad."
SoniXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
ski_n

Don't worry, I bought them (the three pack) yesterday and was really confused as the Shadow of the templars wasn't how I remembered it - there's an hour or so puzzling before the original storyline kicks in - that's all I've gotten so far
ski_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
XSS

I've played the original (in fact i still own it) and even though they've added stuff, they've also removed a lot of it. I remember i picked up or poked a small pile of poo on the floor of that toy shop in the beginning of the game and few funny thoughts by George about it. There was no such thing in Director's cut...
XSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
anotherfish

the wors parts is: in Director's Cut you can't Die ( no spoiler)
anotherfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Isildion

Yeah, the directors cut is pretty much a mixed bag.
There're additional gameplay segments, especially about Nico and her involvement in the story, however it comes at a horrible horrible price.

The game is mutilated in many places, especially all death scenes are removed from the game, so is blood. Other than that most close-up shots (like telephone-scenes) are removed from the game and instead all characters have really out-ot-place looking portraits during conversations. Further the audio quality of many of the new voices are pretty lacking, especially in the non-english versions. Some of the new puzzles are also kind of gimmicky and don't really fit into this game.

So in my opinion the new stuff isn't worth it and the original version is much much superior.
And I am REALLY UPSET about there being no warning about that stuff.
Isildion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Risingson

I've been playing both versions, and yes, there are some dialogues cut out, as well as cutscenes (no animation of George Stobbard going down the ladder, for example) and some animations. And the new Nicole gameplay is quite boring. They did really harm the good pace of the original game.
Risingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
spyrochaete

I played this on DS and enjoyed it for the most part, until something happens all of a sudden and my reaction was...

Spoiler:
oh, I guess they're in love now?
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
thorvaaldr

GOG gives you both versions, the new and the original, when you buy it there.

Not that today's $2.50 for all three sale isn't worth it, but I'm just saying, if you want the game you remember, you CAN get it in a form that will run on your modern machine.
thorvaaldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
glasseye67

First game was 'Circle Of Blood'. It is not included in this set which is very annoying. And yes it did include the Henderson.
glasseye67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
Risingson

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasseye67 View Post
First game was 'Circle Of Blood'. It is not included in this set which is very annoying. And yes it did include the Henderson.
A bit late: Broken Sword 1 is Circle of Blood.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/circle-of-blood/cover-art
Risingson is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Broken Sword series