Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE

Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
BizzyBum

VSync in-game not working?

Vsync is broken for me. It doesn't stay on in the menu and when I try to force it through the console it doesn't work either. I have it forced on in Nvidia control panel too.

Tried both ON and SMART and whenever I save and return it reverts back to OFF.

Anyone experiencing this?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
thogrom

I am among many other issues. Game is effectively broken now after this patch. I estimate I was about 30 - 40 minutes (tops) from completing the game when I took a break, come back to find a patch, and now I can't even play. So disappointed and enraged at this terrible ( at least for me - I had zero issues before now I have tons) patch.
thogrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Listen

Just leave it OFF in game options, and keep it forced ON with triple buffering in Nvidia control panel. Works 100% this way.
Listen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
ED13

No problems with teh update here , games running smooth as .
ED13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Karmatic

i thought the paych notes said to set the Vsync on your nvidia or ATI control panel to application controlled...and THEN set it o On in game.
Karmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
Graveflood

When I have it on the game has some weird random lags at times. Habving it off does not give those issues. So I say, keep it off.
Graveflood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
TiRoSu

I too have this issue, no matter what I try, the v-sync will not work. I have tried forcing it in the nvidia control panel, it still does not work. The screen tearing is horrible.

It was working before, the patch broke it.
TiRoSu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
BizzyBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listen View Post
Just leave it OFF in game options, and keep it forced ON with triple buffering in Nvidia control panel. Works 100% this way.
Nope. Tried this and doesn't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmatic View Post
i thought the paych notes said to set the Vsync on your nvidia or ATI control panel to application controlled...and THEN set it o On in game.
Tried this too and doesn't work for me.

This is ing jarateing me off because the game looks and runs flawless, I just have this stupid single tear that I want to get rid of and I cannot.
BizzyBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
delirin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBum View Post
Vsync is broken for me. It doesn't stay on in the menu and when I try to force it through the console it doesn't work either. I have it forced on in Nvidia control panel too.

Tried both ON and SMART and whenever I save and return it reverts back to OFF.

Anyone experiencing this?
I had this problem at first because I manually enabled Vsync in the Nvidia control panel. In order to fix, I went back into the control panel and selected "application controlled", make sure not to revert to default (which is what I did initially), because default is "force off" which will cause the symptoms you are describing. This of course, applies to Nvidia, YMMV with ATI.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
seigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzyBum View Post
Nope. Tried this and doesn't work for me.

Tried this too and doesn't work for me.

This is ing jarateing me off because the game looks and runs flawless, I just have this stupid single tear that I want to get rid of and I cannot.
What Karmatic said worked for me, if you have nvidia card, then go to nvidia control panel, under 3d settings-> manage 3d settings-> program settings, add rage.exe from steam folder and set vertical sync to "use the 3d application setting".

Then the game settings can be turned on, in fact using smart removed the screen tear for me
seigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #11
enlive

Found the problem, the NVIDIA panel in specific games had VSync forced off for RAGE.exe.
enlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #12
apoc_reg

Ahhh!

When i added Rage.exe in CP it brought it up but had OFF selected for vsync (despite universal setting forced on and never having added the Rage.exe before).

Set that to on and YESSS, Vsync works.... the game works! I can finally see if its been worth the agro :-)

Last edited by apoc_reg: 10-08-2011 at 06:42 PM.
apoc_reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
BizzyBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by seigen View Post
What Karmatic said worked for me, if you have nvidia card, then go to nvidia control panel, under 3d settings-> manage 3d settings-> program settings, add rage.exe from steam folder and set vertical sync to "use the 3d application setting".

Then the game settings can be turned on, in fact using smart removed the screen tear for me
YES!

Yeah, this worked for me. I was using the Global Settings, which should be fine, but when I added Rage.exe it had vsync set to Force Off for some strange reason. Switched it to Application Controlled there and now it saves the On status for Vsync in-game and my tear is finally gone!
BizzyBum is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RAGE